Jump to content

Do children pay same on Carnival?


Kellyann
 Share

Recommended Posts

I tried CCL's web site but it doesn't let you put in ages and then I tried a "search" on this forum but still can't find the answer.  Maybe I'll take my young 10 & 12 year old grandchilldren but need some answers first.  Thanks for your help.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Elaine5715 said:

Children never pay.  They always seem to be broke.  I think they are just cheap

No I'm cheap they are broke.if our Cuba cruise wasn't changed I would have got stuck paying for their cabin.i paid the deposit and told them the rest was on them.they are adults and have jobs.but still think I'm supposed to pay.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Children pay the same fare as adults because they take up a "space".  The max. capacity on a ship is what it is,  regardless of age they are considered a person.

 

So, in other words,  your g.kids would be taking the "space" of an otherwise full fare paying adult. 

 

Look out for discounts, promotions, etc...

 

Hope this helps.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, 160july said:

My grandson (18 months) was half price.

Was he the 3rd or 4th person in the cabin? Your statement could be misleading to some thinking that children are cheaper.

 

As previously stated, there is usually a discount for 3rd and 4th guest. But if there are only two people in the cabin, regardless of age, they pay the same rate.

Edited by crzndeb
  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, oldracer said:

I just booked (for the third time) our cruise with our 2 Granddaughters (11 & 13). My Wife and I were $799 each, one child was $499 and one was $399.

The price would have been $499 and $399 if the 3rd and 4th were 21 and 23

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 4/19/2020 at 2:52 PM, crzndeb said:

Was he the 3rd or 4th person in the cabin? Your statement could be misleading to some thinking that children are cheaper.

 

As previously stated, there is usually a discount for 3rd and 4th guest. But if there are only two people in the cabin, regardless of age, they pay the same rate.

Well that certainly wasnt my intention. Yes he was. There also are no added gratuities for kids under 2.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Usully kids are covered by a smaller price and fees. I wouldnt say that its much different from an adult ones and it will depend on the age of the kid. If I am not mistaken, kids 3 yo and younger are free of charge. I might be mistaken. In any case, I wouldnt take such young kids on board. You wouldnt enjoy the time, you will be dealing with the kids all the time and worry about them. Cruising is about relaxing, not worrying 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

https://help.carnival.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/2545/~/infant-policy


Per carnival, children of all ages are charged full fare. Children under 2 do not pay gratuities. As others have said, if you put children in a cabin with 2 adults it may appear that they were charged less but that is the 3rd and 4th person in cabin discount. If you booked a cabin within one adult and one child the child would pay full fare. If you booked a cabin with 4 adults, the 3rd and 4th person would have the same discounted fare.

 

yes, some cruise lines offer ‘kids sail free’ promotions but carnival does not. I know Norwegian’s version of that is that the 3rd and 4th in the room are free, regardless of age (if you book using that promotion). I doing know about the others

 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, Cruiseboy06 said:

yes  every passenger pays gratuities

No the infants do not have them added. I have the biloling from taking he and his parents on two cruises since he has been between a year old and 18 months it is not added.  I tipped out accordingly but here is the info directly from carnivals site.

 

TRAVELING WITH INFANTS AND TODDLERS

Making Your Cruise Reservation
Cruise fares are per person which includes children and infants. When traveling with 2 full fare guests, additional guests in the same stateroom pay a discounted cruise fare. Children less than 2 years of age are not required to extend gratuities.  

Edited by 160july
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 4/19/2020 at 1:14 PM, lizord said:

Only cruise line that I have seen do a specifically kids sail free sale has been RCI and celebrity months ago.

 

On 4/19/2020 at 2:15 PM, Essiesmom said:

I think NCL also has some 'kids sail free', as does MSC.  EM

 

Be careful with this type of thinking. In the constant pursuit of what is "free," you'll often find that you spend more money. 3rd and 4th passengers are often cheaper than the first two. "Free" elsewhere might be a higher fare and/or require a much more expensive room to house that many people.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, Roger88 said:

Usully kids are covered by a smaller price and fees. I wouldnt say that its much different from an adult ones and it will depend on the age of the kid. If I am not mistaken, kids 3 yo and younger are free of charge. I might be mistaken. In any case, I wouldnt take such young kids on board. You wouldnt enjoy the time, you will be dealing with the kids all the time and worry about them. Cruising is about relaxing, not worrying 

Kids under two are not charged a cruise fare .  Kids over 2 yrs and a day at debark pay fare based on occupancy depending if they are 2nd, 3rd or 4th person.  The fares are not age dependant.  Kids under two are not automatically charged grats. Parents need to tip separately for kids that young. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, 160july said:

No the infants do not have them added. I have the biloling from taking he and his parents on two cruises since he has been between a year old and 18 months it is not added.  I tipped out accordingly but here is the info directly from carnivals site.

 

TRAVELING WITH INFANTS AND TODDLERS

Making Your Cruise Reservation
Cruise fares are per person which includes children and infants. When traveling with 2 full fare guests, additional guests in the same stateroom pay a discounted cruise fare. Children less than 2 years of age are not required to extend gratuities.  

Kids under two are the WORST tippers... always pretending to check diaper pockets for their wallets..

  • Haha 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 minutes ago, Elaine5715 said:

Kids under two are not charged a cruise fare .  Kids over 2 yrs and a day at debark pay fare based on occupancy depending if they are 2nd, 3rd or 4th person.  The fares are not age dependant.  Kids under two are not automatically charged grats. Parents need to tip separately for kids that young. 

 

I think that you mean to say that kids under two ARE charged a cruise fare, since you seem to contradict yourself later on.  😉  If that is not what you meant, you should have.  https://help.carnival.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/2545/~/infant-policy

Edited by Schoifmom
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3rd person rates can vary. We booked a cruise for this August with an offer that we got right after our cruise last year.  We decided to bring our 8 year old daughter on her first cruise and her rate was $ 200 more than ours so you never know till you book.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, Schoifmom said:

 

I think that you mean to say that kids under two ARE charged a cruise fare, since you seem to contradict yourself later on.  😉  If that is not what you meant, you should have.  https://help.carnival.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/2545/~/infant-policy

You are right. I meant cruise fare is charged and grats are charged at 2 yrs and one day

Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 hours ago, Roger88 said:

Usully kids are covered by a smaller price and fees. I wouldnt say that its much different from an adult ones and it will depend on the age of the kid. If I am not mistaken, kids 3 yo and younger are free of charge. I might be mistaken. In any case, I wouldnt take such young kids on board. You wouldnt enjoy the time, you will be dealing with the kids all the time and worry about them. Cruising is about relaxing, not worrying 

All this is incorrect  LOL

Kids arent cheaper they are full fare

3yr olds are not free, kids of all ages are full fare

You most certainly CAN have a fun and relaxing vacation with your kids, unless you have bad kids or don't like being around and sharing experiences with your kids in general. The kids clubs are there for a reason. The parents get a break and can have adult time, the kids love them and they are included in your fare

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

  • Forum Jump
    • Categories
      • Forum Assistance
      • ANNOUNCEMENT: PONANT Cruises & Expeditions
      • Cruise Critic Live Special Event: Q&A with American Queen Voyages
      • New Cruisers
      • Cruise Lines “A – O”
      • Cruise Lines “P – Z”
      • River Cruising
      • ROLL CALLS
      • Digital Photography & Cruise Technology
      • Special Interest Cruising
      • Cruise Discussion Topics
      • UK Cruising
      • Australia & New Zealand Cruisers
      • Canadian Cruisers
      • North American Homeports
      • Ports of Call
      • Cruise Conversations
×
×
  • Create New...