Muster Drill Withdrawls

jordanaire

Anyone else out there wishing to experience another Muster Drill? I sure am! It's been over a year since my wife and I were on a cruise, but it seems like decades ago. I'll never say a bad word about doing a Muster Drill ever again! 🙁

• Like 2

I wonder how they’ll be conducted moving forward on some ships. I love the ones held in the theater, bars, dining room etc. the ones outside shoulder to shoulder... maybe not as much. 

Edited by chadci
  • Like 6

4 minutes ago, chadci said:

I wonder how they’ll be conducted moving forward on some ships. I love the ones held in the theater, bars, dining pond etc. the ones outside shoulder to shoulder... maybe not as much. 

Dining pond? Will this be one of the new features on the Mardi Gras?

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Cruise-Crazy said:

I think the Coast Guard determines where they are held. The ones outside are kind of close for comfort.

not the coast guard. the ship builders and the ship flag state create the best location for musters based on egress criteria and space

42 minutes ago, Cruise-Crazy said:

I think the Coast Guard determines where they are held. The ones outside are kind of close for comfort.

I was told that the safety officer is in charge of this.

Edited by linbobky

38 minutes ago, phoneman69 said:

Last cruise was on the Magic and it was the Very first time i had Muster Drill inside. 2nd time they scanned our sail and sign cards to make sure we were there.

18 minutes ago, siestakeys04 said:

I would think if they start sailing again this year it wouldn’t be outside. My first cruise we were in the theater. 

it depends on the ship. Older ships muster outside, newer ships from the dream class onward is inside

We did our first indoor muster on Horizon last month. Chairs, A/C, room to stretch. Boy, was that a treat! Sure beats being crammed in like sardines outside, especially when it's hot & humid. The downside was, that's where the Captain announced that they were replacing Grand Turk with Nassau. The MDR filled with moans & groans.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, siestakeys04 said:

I was on the inspiration my first cruise in 08 and we were indoors

We sailed Inspiration in 2015 and muster started in a lounge and then we were moved outdoors closer to the life boats for final instructions before being dismissed. 

2 hours ago, xDisconnections said:

On Fantasy class, isn’t the approved process to meet inside, go over it, then walk up the stairs together to the muster station so you are familiar with the location?

See what I wrote in post #16. I have read on here in the past 6 years that my experience was the norm for drill on Fantasy Class.

• Like 1

Who needs a muster drill per se.

On our last Princess cruise, before we could access the in-room TV we had to watch their safety video. This also can be done by CCL. Afterward, for the "MUSTER DRILL", we went to our designated "MUSTER STATION" for  brief hello talk, and this is how to donn a PFD.

OK, everyone should know how to donn a PFD, if not watch the video again. As for having to personally go to the "MUSTER STATION", that is so when there is an emergency you know how to get there. So with a little effort and of course cost to CCL, they (CCL) could install stand alone card scanners at each of the "MUSTER STATION LOCATIONS". During the safety in-room video guest would be instructed where their "MUSTER STATION" is located and how to scan their card. 

Oh yes, pertaining to the children, they would receive their wristbands upon boarding the vessel.

Just my thoughts on this crappy stay at home day when I could be playing golf.