Cruise Critic Community
Sign in to follow this  
otbc

Using FCC - how soon can you?

After plenty of umm-ing and ahh-ing about whether we should take a refund or FCC when our honeymoon gets cancelled in a couple of weeks (we are booked at the end of May!) we've decided we'll take FCC, but book a replacement cruise as soon as we can. We've seen the cruise we want to book (incidentally, for almost exactly a year later!) and I was just wondering if anyone who has taken the FCC so far knows how soon after your existing cruise has been cancelled you can book a new one with the FCC?

We're expecting our cruise to be cancelled in the next week or so, and I'd be wanting to book our replacement cruise using the FCC the same day ideally - or at least as soon as possible thereafter. Has anyone done this? Or did you have to wait a couple of weeks for your FCC to be applied?

AFAIK the FCC is available immediately the original cruise is cancelled, so either the P&O agent or a Travel Agent should be able to use it as part or full payment against the new one.

1 hour ago, otbc said:

After plenty of umm-ing and ahh-ing about whether we should take a refund or FCC when our honeymoon gets cancelled in a couple of weeks (we are booked at the end of May!) we've decided we'll take FCC, but book a replacement cruise as soon as we can. We've seen the cruise we want to book (incidentally, for almost exactly a year later!) and I was just wondering if anyone who has taken the FCC so far knows how soon after your existing cruise has been cancelled you can book a new one with the FCC?

We're expecting our cruise to be cancelled in the next week or so, and I'd be wanting to book our replacement cruise using the FCC the same day ideally - or at least as soon as possible thereafter. Has anyone done this? Or did you have to wait a couple of weeks for your FCC to be applied?

I used FCC to rebook a later cruise a couple of days after our upcoming cruise was cancelled. It had not been applied to our account but the person we booked it with directly at P&O sorted it for us. We are still waiting for an updated booking confirmation showing the FCC being used but I was assured it would arrive in my inbox at some future point. 

You can use FCC as soon as your cruise is cancelled. It takes awhile for it to be reimbursed and checked under your account but as soon as it happens you can use them just like cash to purchase your further cruises. Never actually done it myself but seems like an easy operation