Jump to content

How confident would you be? May 2021


Recommended Posts

On 5/25/2020 at 12:04 PM, dltaeg said:

 

I don't think many industries will survive 12 months of zero operation so I have a feeling we will know the companies (holiday, flight, hotel) ect which are going to survive the pandemic well before next May. 

 

it's being called the 18 month winter, sept 2019 - may 2021

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 2 weeks later...

We had our bucket list Alaskan Princess cruise scheduled for this June but unfortunately it was cancelled. We are still waiting for Princess to refund our money!!!  I know these times are unprecedented but its been 2 months since the cancellation and still nothing. We definitely would look at another cruise line before booking again. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, barbnurse said:

We had our bucket list Alaskan Princess cruise scheduled for this June but unfortunately it was cancelled. We are still waiting for Princess to refund our money!!!  I know these times are unprecedented but its been 2 months since the cancellation and still nothing. We definitely would look at another cruise line before booking again. 

We are also waiting for refunds on our cruises:  we had two cruises to Alaska.  Before rebooking for 2021, I went to the other cruise lines threads and found that they were just as slow in returning funds as Princess.  None of the lines really had any systematic way of refunding --- some got their refunds faster than other.  Just thought I would pass along what I found in my research.

Link to post
Share on other sites

This will be my 7th visit to Alaska...will be on the NCL's first sailing there in 2021: April 27th.

I'm feeling pretty good about it, but final payment is way off and I've got insurance (1st time ever).
I've never booked this far out before, but the offer they extended made it too good to pass up.

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/21/2020 at 4:35 PM, Haveuseen1 said:

I feel pretty good about it.  Sailing from Seattle to Alaska in May 2021.  
 

How do you feel about it?

I have book  a 14 day Great Alaskan Explorer cruise in July 2021 I just wonder what entire requirements Alaska will require if the Pandemic is still about Covid-19 

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Elaine5715 said:

I am now more concerned about home port issues than the cruise lines. I am going to waiting until San Fran and Seattle get their cities under control

What about Seward?  We are planning to cruise from there and it sounds gorgeous.

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Crazy planning mom said:

What about Seward?  We are planning to cruise from there and it sounds gorgeous.

I haven't seen anything about local outbreaks of riots in Seward....

Their law enforcement may respond if there was

Link to post
Share on other sites

I have a trips planned,  that I'm currently firming up-  which the "scheduling".  🙂  for August 2020.    I can get in at this time, with a 3 day prior negative test.   So, of course that can change-  it will be watched until  leaving.  

 

I do find  Alaska-  isn't very difficult with maintaining social distancing as that has been involved many of my trips.  🙂     My big dilemma right now-  are the Denali road permits and a rv.   I will have a rv for a week with my nephew,  but the rest???      

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 1 month later...

We booked a may 10 2021 a year ago, up until this week (entering stage 3) I was trying not to even think about it 😥

Now here I am back on the boards excitedly looking at excursions. Not going to give any deposits yet, but the excitement is building 😍

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
40 minutes ago, tlm48 said:

We booked a may 10 2021 a year ago, up until this week (entering stage 3) I was trying not to even think about it 😥

Now here I am back on the boards excitedly looking at excursions. Not going to give any deposits yet, but the excitement is building 😍

 

Only thing I've booked for next month is my Denali camping and transit bus.   Low amount I don't care about-  if the door closes for access.     My style is late booking and occasionally,  booking ahead-   low cost touring (limited),  that is ok to lose.    🙂     

 

I have no clue what I'm doing next year.       Something for everyone.     

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, tlm48 said:

We booked a may 10 2021 a year ago, up until this week (entering stage 3) I was trying not to even think about it 😥

Now here I am back on the boards excitedly looking at excursions. Not going to give any deposits yet, but the excitement is building 😍

 

I had a May 17th, 2021 14 day reservation and they sold the boat and cancelled the cruise.

Come Winter I will start looking at the Small (50-90 passengers) that sail out of Juneau or Sitka where I can fly into. There is an 8 day that spends 3 days in Glacier bay, that intrigues me. I would like to find one that does 2-3 days in Glacier bay and is a little longer / more ports  / stops.

 

A

Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, AlanF65 said:

I had a May 17th, 2021 14 day reservation and they sold the boat and cancelled the cruise.

Come Winter I will start looking at the Small (50-90 passengers) that sail out of Juneau or Sitka where I can fly into. There is an 8 day that spends 3 days in Glacier bay, that intrigues me. I would like to find one that does 2-3 days in Glacier bay and is a little longer / more ports  / stops.

 

A

So sorry to hear about your cruise.  I had heard that HAL sold the Maasdam but thought they would put another ship in its place --- no????  I was so looking forward to hearing about your Zodiac experience on the cruise.  Your new cruise option sounds nice, hopefully it will work out for you.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Italy52 said:

So sorry to hear about your cruise.  I had heard that HAL sold the Maasdam but thought they would put another ship in its place --- no????  I was so looking forward to hearing about your Zodiac experience on the cruise.  Your new cruise option sounds nice, hopefully it will work out for you.

 

They just cancelled it (and gave me 200% FCC on my deposit), I think they will wait until later to establish longer itineraries like that one, it was ideal for me with lots of ports and places  I haven't been to.

 

They kept their 7 days out of Seattle and Vancouver.

 

Hopefully we get to some semblance of normalcy for cruising in the future.

A-

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/24/2020 at 9:34 AM, tlm48 said:

We booked a may 10 2021 a year ago, up until this week (entering stage 3) I was trying not to even think about it 😥

Now here I am back on the boards excitedly looking at excursions. Not going to give any deposits yet, but the excitement is building 😍

 

Doing the same!

I booked (deposit only) in January (for a late April sailing) & told myself I'd just let it sit there til we knew if we were going. Then yesterday, I talked with an independent tour operator in Sitka & selected tours for the other five ports...even Victoria & I've never gotten off there before ;-}

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 1 month later...
On 5/25/2020 at 2:04 PM, dltaeg said:

We've just booked for May 2021 too and are feeling good about it. There is no point feeling negative about things and what will be, will be. 

 

I don't think many industries will survive 12 months of zero operation so I have a feeling we will know the companies (holiday, flight, hotel) ect which are going to survive the pandemic well before next May. 

I agree. We are booked on Carnival Miracle for a 10 day Alaska on May 3, 2021. We have had 3 cancelled cruises this year and just have to go with the flow. We choose to remain positive and hopeful. If they cancel, we'll adjust accordingly. 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, fuzzychop1 said:

I agree. We are booked on Carnival Miracle for a 10 day Alaska on May 3, 2021. We have had 3 cancelled cruises this year and just have to go with the flow. We choose to remain positive and hopeful. If they cancel, we'll adjust accordingly. 

 

I just realized that this thread is several months old. 🙂

Link to post
Share on other sites

Our July 2020 cruise was cancelled, so took FCC and rebooked for July 2021. It is 1 week out of a 3 week trip to Vancouver, Alaska and Seattle. Unfortunately at the moment I think Vancouver is off limits (14 day quarantine - impossible) for all non-Canadians? So I won't buy the flights or anything else till after Christmas (the airlines refunded all our 2020 flight money), but I am getting more twitchy - what if we can't get to Vancouver to join the cruise? 

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 3 weeks later...

My January 21 cruise to New Zealand was cancelled, so we booked an Alaska cruise for April 21 instead. The ones leaving from Vancouver had a better itinerary going through the inside passage, but we figured we would have better luck being able to sail if we kept with a roundtrip out of Seattle instead. Fingers crossed that we'll be able to go.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Forum Jump
    • Categories
      • Forum Assistance
      • Q&A with Chris Prelog, President of Windstar Cruises!
      • Register Now for Cruise Critic Live Special Event: Royal Caribbean
      • New Cruisers
      • Cruise Lines “A – O”
      • Cruise Lines “P – Z”
      • River Cruising
      • ROLL CALLS
      • Digital Photography & Cruise Technology
      • Special Interest Cruising
      • Cruise Discussion Topics
      • UK Cruising
      • Australia & New Zealand Cruisers
      • North American Homeports
      • Ports of Call
      • Cruise Conversations
×
×
  • Create New...