Flight Ease FYI

wyobean

Our cruise has been canceled . We had booked flights through FE from Amsterdam back to the US. I checked that flight today and found that it has been canceled . We had paid for the flight at the time we booked so we could upgrade our seats. Since that was a separate transaction and I couldn’t find the reservation because it had been canceled  I called Delta. Wait time was about 5 min. They found my transaction and immediately submitted a refund request. I have received the emails immediately and was told the refund could be around 30 days. 

I asked for my FCC on HAL the first of April. No credits or refunds yet...not really expecting anything till June...lol

i requested a refund from Travel Guard on 4-2. They said 15-20 days. Have had no more information from them. 

Edited by wyobean
  • Like 1

The airlines are under very specific orders from the federal government to issue refunds, the cruise lines are not.  Remember the airlines are getting billions from the federal government, the cruise lines are not

Edited by Mary229

5 minutes ago, wyobean said:

I wasn’t sure whether I would get a refund or a credit since that flight is actually still scheduled. HAL canceled, not the airline.

In your first post you said the flight was cancelled.   Do you mean the cruise was cancelled but not the flight?  Anyway the money was still returned by the airline via Flight Ease

3 hours ago, Mary229 said:

The airlines are under very specific orders from the federal government to issue refunds, the cruise lines are not.  Remember the airlines are getting billions from the federal government, the cruise lines are not

And.....it was thanks to ASTA and similar travel organizations  that pressured the government to require the airlines to refund. 

Cruise lines like HAL had refund/FCC plans already in place.

3 hours ago, Mary229 said:

In your first post you said the flight was cancelled.   Do you mean the cruise was cancelled but not the flight?  Anyway the money was still returned by the airline via Flight Ease

If you book and pay your flights through HAL/Flight Ease, and the cruise is cancelled,  I thought HAL handles the refund, and a call to the airline requesting a refund isn't necessary. Did I miss something ?  

52 minutes ago, Boatdrill said:

If you book and pay your flights through HAL/Flight Ease, and the cruise is cancelled,  I thought HAL handles the refund, and a call to the airline requesting a refund isn't necessary. Did I miss something ?  

The airlines are under orders to get the money back to the consumers. Only guessing here, Delta had been paid and once Delta returned the money it was issued

• Like 1

I booked flights through FE. I paid for those flights ahead of my final payment so I could upgrade my seats. I had to get my refund for the upgrade. I had upgraded my seats on my own, not through HAL.

Edited by wyobean
  • Like 1