Jump to content

Filing credit card dispute..effect on FCC?


Recommended Posts

Seriously considering filing a dispute with Bank of America for refund on two cruises with Royal Caribbean.

Would there possibly be any penalty/cancellation/retaliation from RC for  the FCCs I currently should have (not received as of yet)?

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, gdwest said:

Would there possibly be any penalty/cancellation/retaliation from RC for  the FCCs I currently should have (not received as of yet)?

Unlikely.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Your credit card company could possible do a charge back, so rcl would cancel the fcc.

 

If you are disputing a legit charge because they are taking too long to issue a refund but might have taxes and fees credits in the process. How would your credit card take it other than you are saying the charge needs to be removed.

 

Your credit card company cant be expected to know when the fccsis issued. If you have multiple charges sounds like could get mixed up. Or partial credits .. your credit company doesnt have which credits belong to which charges. Sounds like the makings of a mess imo if you want some refunds and some fccs.

Edited by firefly333
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, gdwest said:

Seriously considering filing a dispute with Bank of America for refund on two cruises with Royal Caribbean.

Would there possibly be any penalty/cancellation/retaliation from RC for  the FCCs I currently should have (not received as of yet)?

 

 

You said in another post that they said refund would be posted this week (last week). OK, they're late.

Give them some time. If they told you it's coming, it is likely it is

Edited by cruisinfanatic
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, gdwest said:

Seriously considering filing a dispute with Bank of America for refund on two cruises with Royal Caribbean.

Would there possibly be any penalty/cancellation/retaliation from RC for  the FCCs I currently should have (not received as of yet)?

 

 

 

 

Never heard of any dispute with a Bank of America working.

I dropped them when my dispute was denied 

 

The perks they give you are worthless actually so many others have better.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, TheMiz said:

 

 

Never heard of any dispute with a Bank of America working.

I dropped them when my dispute was denied 

 

The perks they give you are worthless actually so many others have better.

If BOA denied, then most likely all would have

Link to post
Share on other sites

On March 15th I cancelled my New England/Canada cruise with RC, especially since Canadian ports would be closed thru July 1st and my cruise was scheduled for early June. Was told, by RC Phone representative, that a refund would be coming in 7 to 10 days, yeah. On April 15th still no refund, not even for the separate excursions and beverage plans we purchased.

Since there is a 60 day limit to dispute credit card charges, from their posting date, with the credit card company I figured, just in case, might as well file a dispute with Bank of America. This way if a refund DOES come, No Harm. If it doesn’t come timely, or at all, I would avoid the hassle with my credit card company on payment or potential interest charges.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, cruisinfanatic said:

If BOA denied, then most likely all would have

 

Mine was not related to this cruise it was from a Mardi Gras cruise a couple years ago.

Link to post
Share on other sites

FYI-I called RCL today to make a change to a current booking and when done with that change I asked if she could check into my FCC from a March cruise that was cancelled.    She told me I should receive in May (probably middle of May).   No hold time and very pleasant, knowledge CSR.    You could hear her baby and dog in the background she kept apologizing but I thought it was cute hearing baby talk.  

Just hang in there I am sure you will your FCC

Link to post
Share on other sites

I find it hard to believe the bank would deny a disputed claim for a cruise that is Cancelled thus not providing you the services you paid for. I would file an additional dispute with the Federal Trade Commission siting the banks failure to follow the guidelines of the Fair Credit Billing Act.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Surely I am not the only person thinking “ give them a break”.. unprecedented times and unprecedented workload.  
You could afford to pay for the cruise, it was money you had spent and never expected to see again.... so the fact that you are getting it back is a bonus.
They have told you it’s coming. Just be patient. 🤷‍♀️

Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, als1428 said:

I find it hard to believe the bank would deny a disputed claim for a cruise that is Cancelled thus not providing you the services you paid for. I would file an additional dispute with the Federal Trade Commission siting the banks failure to follow the guidelines of the Fair Credit Billing Act.

OP doesnt give complete details but mentions 2 cruises and fccs awaited and refunds. As someone on the other end, when I read op ask if filing a dispute will mess up the fccs she is waiting on. So some things like taxes and fees, maybe prepaid, maybe one cruise she wants refund on.

 

The person working the dispute for Visa, amex etc, is not the boa person. They have a quota to finish hourly, so the dispute they will give it maybe 10 minutes if complicated. If there are multiple credits and some the op wants fcc on... the dispute person cant take the time to figure out future credit for which of the two charges etc. 

 

With two cruise charges and multiple credits I'd say odds are very good yes the fcc is going to get messed up. The dispute person sees the credits and says oh credit, they have no way of telling toward which charge. If only one charge and no fcc, easier to dispute.

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, little britain said:

You could afford to pay for the cruise, it was money you had spent and never expected to see again.... so the fact that you are getting it back is a bonus.

 

But people that paid for the cruise expected something in return.   It's not as if they were giving money to one of their needy relatives (that's where you use the "never expect to see it again" analogy).

Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, cruisinfanatic said:

You said in another post that they said refund would be posted this week (last week). OK, they're late.

Give them some time. If they told you it's coming, it is likely it is

You mean "the check is in the mail"?😉

Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, TheMiz said:

 

 

Never heard of any dispute with a Bank of America working.

I dropped them when my dispute was denied 

 

The perks they give you are worthless actually so many others have better.

I am going to reexamine my CCards reactions after this pandemic.  I think my BOA card will be the first to go.

I think I will get the Chase Sapphire.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Judyrem said:

I am going to reexamine my CCards reactions after this pandemic.  I think my BOA card will be the first to go.

I think I will get the Chase Sapphire.

why

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, cruisinfanatic said:

why

Because I have three different Visas with 95$ fees and might as well just get one very good card.

BOA is linked to my checking and they always bother me whenever I sign in, "pay your bill now".  Pain in the derriere.

Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, Judyrem said:

Because I have three different Visas with 95$ fees and might as well just get one very good card.

BOA is linked to my checking and they always bother me whenever I sign in, "pay your bill now".  Pain in the derriere.

Very easy to just unlink it

Link to post
Share on other sites

I have Bank of America and am quite happy with them. I had a dispute with a merchant and after all the necessary paperwork/chance for both sides to provide input all was settled quickly and satisfactorily.

Link to post
Share on other sites
41 minutes ago, Judyrem said:

Because I have three different Visas with 95$ fees and might as well just get one very good card.

BOA is linked to my checking and they always bother me whenever I sign in, "pay your bill now".  Pain in the derriere.

Actually that's why I got rid of my sw card and changed to a BOA card. I couldnt tie the chase card to auto payment from my boa checking account. I would be on  cruise and miss the payment i had to do on hand. After the 3rd late payment closed sw card from chase. Now i dont have to worry about it.

 

Sw card had a yearly fee which gave me many flying miles, but I kinda quit flying, turned them into lowes gift cards I gave to brother in law, leftovers they still email me about lol. I am happy with boa, no yearly fee, auto payment. Perfect.

 

It's not boa who does the dispute, its Visa or amex or mc.

Edited by firefly333
Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, firefly333 said:

Actually that's why I got rid of my sw card and changed to a BOA card. I couldnt tie the chase card to auto payment from my boa checking account. I would be on  cruise and miss the payment i had to do on hand. After the 3rd late payment closed sw card from chase. Now i dont have to worry about it.

 

Sw card had a yearly fee which gave me many flying miles, but I kinda quit flying, turned them into lowes gift cards I gave to brother in law, leftovers they still email me about lol. I am happy with boa, no yearly fee, auto payment. Perfect.

 

It's not boa who does the dispute, its Visa or amex or mc.

I have their Signature Visa with a 95$ annual fee.  Chase BAirways for 95$ and Capitol one.

I think I will be consolidating the cards and start using Chase Sapphire.

The Points guy loves it.

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Judyrem said:

I have their Signature Visa with a 95$ annual fee.  Chase BAirways for 95$ and Capitol one.

I think I will be consolidating the cards and start using Chase Sapphire.

The Points guy loves it.

I got boa preferred. Not the best rewards, but some perks like free cashiers checks I've used. Auto payment is all I wanted and was the best boa had att. I dont want to be bothered.

 

I liked sw card, got a lot of gift cards from the miles but it connected me to my parents checking, because they added me as a co signer. My parents didnt like that so I changed.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Forum Jump
    • Categories
      • Forum Assistance
      • Q&A with Chris Prelog, President of Windstar Cruises!
      • Register Now for Cruise Critic Live Special Event: Royal Caribbean
      • New Cruisers
      • Cruise Lines “A – O”
      • Cruise Lines “P – Z”
      • River Cruising
      • ROLL CALLS
      • Digital Photography & Cruise Technology
      • Special Interest Cruising
      • Cruise Discussion Topics
      • UK Cruising
      • Australia & New Zealand Cruisers
      • North American Homeports
      • Ports of Call
      • Cruise Conversations
×
×
  • Create New...