Jump to content

May Alaska Cruise Still Not Cancelled


PixieMom3
 Share

Recommended Posts

14 minutes ago, PixieMom3 said:

My May cruise on Bliss still has not been officially cancelled. Has anyone received anything? When I log in it says Lets Get You Upgraded. 

Just be patient. I know it's frustrating but if wait until they cancel then you have more choices about reimbursement. What you can do it take care of all your other travel plans that were part of that trip. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 hours ago, PixieMom3 said:

My May cruise on Bliss still has not been officially cancelled. Has anyone received anything? When I log in it says Lets Get You Upgraded. 

Time to bid on that Haven cabin.  I bet you can get it cheap.

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

What is troubling to me is that the Port of Vancouver is closed through June 30, 2020, and the CDC has banned cruise trips for "up to" 100 days, yet NCL won't let us reschedule our non-refundable cruises for future dates.  Our money is locked up until they decide that May and June cruises have to be cancelled.  At least Royal has posted that the FCCs for their May and June Alaska cruses will be issued on April 30th.  

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Sitting in the same proverbial boat. Have a cruise booked on the Joy, May 23rd,  out of the closed port of Seattle to a destination that is forbidden until at least July.  It is almost criminal that NCL has not at least acknowledged that they are not going to happen.  I have insurance but still.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, furgoon said:

Sitting in the same proverbial boat. Have a cruise booked on the Joy, May 23rd,  out of the closed port of Seattle to a destination that is forbidden until at least July.  It is almost criminal that NCL has not at least acknowledged that they are not going to happen.  I have insurance but still.  

Do you mind sharing with us what kind of insurance you have? Did you clarify the amount to be returned in case of cancelation?
I expect your cruise to be postponed till like mid june, early July. Maybe you shouldnt rush demanding a refund. You never know how it goes. I mean, if you have been already notified that the cruise wont happen, then its understandable, otherwise I would wait for an official notice from the company to be completly sure

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I have a cruise specific travel policy from an online carrier recommended here.  Flights were booked independently. This policy has a CDC clause in it that states, if the CDC says you cannot travel to an area than I would be covered.  I am guessing, but not sure, that since all non-essential travel and travel by cruise is not recommended then I would be covered.  I am guessing the insurance company knows that I will eventually get reimbursed from the cruise line but I am going to have argue about the flights.  Also, the airlines and cruise lines are offering future credits but if I take them then the insurance believes I have been reimbursed so they won't pay out.  I would prefer the cash back now at this point.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, furgoon said:

Sitting in the same proverbial boat. Have a cruise booked on the Joy, May 23rd,  out of the closed port of Seattle to a destination that is forbidden until at least July.  It is almost criminal that NCL has not at least acknowledged that they are not going to happen.  I have insurance but still.  

I'm on the same cruise. I know the cruise isn't going to happen and it's extremely frustrating that NCL hasn't at least cancelled Alaskan cruises through June.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Roger88 said:

I expect your cruise to be postponed till like mid june, early July. Maybe you shouldnt rush demanding a refund. You never know how it goes. I mean, if you have been already notified that the cruise wont happen, then its understandable, otherwise I would wait for an official notice from the company to be completly sure

I'm on Bliss Alaska May 17 and do NOT want to go. Not in June, July, Aug, or Sept either.

Do you really believe there is a possibility that NCL would displace passengers in those months for a May cruise? The idea makes me SHIVER. I do not like NCL, I do not like green eggs and ham! Was roped into this cruise by a family reunion.

 

I have "Travel Insured" insurance. Use them with every cruise- their mid-range plan. Covers cancellation and bankruptcy besides an array of other features.

 

 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 minutes ago, Petoonya said:

I'm on Bliss Alaska May 17 and do NOT want to go. Not in June, July, Aug, or Sept either.

Do you really believe there is a possibility that NCL would displace passengers in those months for a May cruise? The idea makes me SHIVER. I do not like NCL, I do not like green eggs and ham! Was roped into this cruise by a family reunion.

 

I have "Travel Insured" insurance. Use them with every cruise- their mid-range plan. Covers cancellation and bankruptcy besides an array of other features.

 

 

What do you mean displace? It is IMPOSSIBLE for a cruise to depart May 17th. Impossible 100% impossible. It's just a matter of waiting it out. 

I had a May 3rd cruise on the new Virgin Voyages Virgin Lady. Of course the cruise was canceled. My outbound flight to florida was on Jetblue, my return flight was on American. American changed the flight time enough that I was able to ask for a full refund weeks ago. My flight on Jetblue changed but not enough for me to ask for a full refund. It was for May 2nd. I was looking at it everyday to see if it would be canceled or changed enough i could get a refund. Finally this morning Jetblue canceled my flight, so I was able to request a refund. 

I have flights for two cruises in June to cancel. My family is scheduled on the Breakaway in July from Rome. We ahve to wait for that cruise to be canceled.

You just have to be patient and check things everyday.   

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

20 minutes ago, kwokpot said:

What do you mean displace? It is IMPOSSIBLE for a cruise to depart May 17th. Impossible 100% impossible. It's just a matter of waiting it out. 

 

You misunderstood "displace" I believe.

Roger88 wrote that the May cruises would be changed to later summer months. If that were to happen all the good people ( hypothetically I'm talking in "normal" times- pre-Coronavirus.) who were already booked in June, July etc. would be displaced.

 

I don't think Alaska cruises will happen this summer at all, so it's not like this would really happen. I didn't understand what Roger88 was talking about, and was hoping he'd justify his claim. You may still not get my point but not important. Take care. 🙂

14 minutes ago, Turtles06 said:

 
I assume you mean 2021. 

🙂

And I think you may be right. Maybe Roger88 meant 2021!

 

 

Edited by Petoonya
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Yep, I am supposed to be on the Bliss in May as well. I know it’s not going to happen. As a WA resident, the “stay at home” restrictions won’t be lifted by then, much less having the ports open.

 

And not to forget who knows when Alaska would even be ready to accept cruise ships. 

 

It's ridiculous. I have loved NCL in the past. No clue what they are thinking. 

 

 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Jason82 said:

Yep, I am supposed to be on the Bliss in May as well. I know it’s not going to happen. As a WA resident, the “stay at home” restrictions won’t be lifted by then, much less having the ports open.

 

And not to forget who knows when Alaska would even be ready to accept cruise ships. 

 

It's ridiculous. I have loved NCL in the past. No clue what they are thinking. 

I am supposed to sail on The Bliss May 24th Seattle to Alaska.  My guess is they want to hang on to our money as long as they can.  I'm sure they are severely cash strapped right now.

2 minutes ago, Jason82 said:

 

 

 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Jason82 said:

Yep, I am supposed to be on the Bliss in May as well. I know it’s not going to happen. As a WA resident, the “stay at home” restrictions won’t be lifted by then, much less having the ports open.

 

And not to forget who knows when Alaska would even be ready to accept cruise ships. 

 

It's ridiculous. I have loved NCL in the past. No clue what they are thinking. 

 

 

im scheduled for may 20th out of florida , the stay at home looks to be over this month . not sure what ncl plans , but if canceling come on and let us rebook 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

May and June cruises can no longer be booked online. They've gone from significant capacity to unbookable. Translation...your cancellation is imminent. Stand by for the email announcement. Stay well, all.

Edited by blcruising
  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just tried to book a cruise in May.  At first I can pick the date but when I go to select the cabin the system picks a date that is actually available.  The first date is July 4th out of Seattle.  Interesting.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 minutes ago, blcruising said:

May and June cruises can no longer be booked online. They've gone from significant capacity to unbookable. Translation...your cancellation is imminent. Stand by for the email announcement. Stay well, all.

Good on ya NCL!!!!!!

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 4/23/2020 at 7:47 AM, svbcjnsn said:

What is troubling to me is that the Port of Vancouver is closed through June 30, 2020, and the CDC has banned cruise trips for "up to" 100 days, yet NCL won't let us reschedule our non-refundable cruises for future dates.  Our money is locked up until they decide that May and June cruises have to be cancelled.  At least Royal has posted that the FCCs for their May and June Alaska cruses will be issued on April 30th.  

Happy to see that NCL has cancelled our June cruise.  Also pleased with their bonus FFC program.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Thanks for letting me know they officially cancelled (guess they haven't sent out emails yet). I'm really sad this one was a no go, it was booked over a year ago and was going to be a family trip. Now I need to decide if I request a refund or FCC. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

  • Forum Jump
    • Categories
      • Thank You for 25 Years - Click for Fun Stuff!
      • Forum Assistance
      • New Cruisers
      • Cruise Lines “A – O”
      • Cruise Lines “P – Z”
      • River Cruising
      • ROLL CALLS
      • Digital Photography & Cruise Technology
      • Special Interest Cruising
      • Cruise Discussion Topics
      • UK Cruising
      • Australia & New Zealand Cruisers
      • Canadian Cruisers
      • North American Homeports
      • Ports of Call
      • Cruise Conversations
×
×
  • Create New...