"Seaface" to go with your "Seapass"

Check out the link below. It looks like RCCL has filed a Trademark for "Seaface" for a mask to be worn to protect against viral particles....

Think they will be color coded like your Seapass card? Maybe they'll even display your CC/Blue Chip Tier as well.

Crazy times we're living in.

www.royal caribbean blog.com/2020/04/22/royal-caribbean-trademarks-name-sanitary-masks

Having issues with link, get rid of spaces at beginning to see page.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

Edited by JonnyCT81

I read the news but I didnt see the mask itself. I mean, its probably of a blue colour looking all fancy. And the cost of such a mask will be included in your booking total. I am sure they will distribute them to all their passangers. Well, from other point of view its an excelent way of promoting themselves as a company. This is something people will keep with them after the cruise 

I taught high school for 27 years.  The thought of all students wearing masks in school is downright scary.  It is in open invitation for poor behavior and criminal activity.  I can imagine what will happen on cruise ships, in auditoriums, stadiums, and even on the streets.  

I can understand Royal Caribbean buying masks, and even having them made to order, but naming them and getting a trademark??? Surely they must have more important concerns than naming sanitary devices.

I really thought this was a joke. While Celebrity may ask us to wear them, that just does not mean paying customers will. I have heard it 100 times about the sanitation goop drys my hands as I walk into the Oceanview cafe. I'm sure I'll hear the same things. The mask is to small or large. Might the mask be for staff? 

9 hours ago, Lazz said:

I taught high school for 27 years.  The thought of all students wearing masks in school is downright scary.  It is in open invitation for poor behavior and criminal activity.  I can imagine what will happen on cruise ships, in auditoriums, stadiums, and even on the streets.  

We've been wearing face coverings here for weeks now... not a problem :)   for my grandkids who are 2 & 4, it's the new normal for them :)   of course I only get to see them via FaceTime, photos, & "drive by" visits :)    BTW,  one of my daughters teaches high school :)

Honestly if I have to wear a mask on a cruise ship, I don't think I will go. Maybe I'd wear the Sea Face mask in port, but what fun can excursions be when one is masked? Also, must you wear a mask in the dining room? How do you eat. And if it is safe to be unmasked in the dining room or at a bar, you might as well not wear one anywhere on the ship. I think I'll wait to cruise until masks are no longer needed.

13 hours ago, cruise kitty said:

We've been wearing face coverings here for weeks now... not a problem 🙂

Us too.  But I hate the way it fogs up my glasses...somebody should really come up with a solution for that 🤓.

I really don't want to cruise with a mask on my face?  Am I the only one?  ....talk about weird tan lines...

1 hour ago, Georgia_Peaches said:

Us too.  But I hate the way it fogs up my glasses...somebody should really come up with a solution for that 🤓.

I really don't want to cruise with a mask on my face?  Am I the only one?  ....talk about weird tan lines...

No masks for us. We don't wear them now.

7 hours ago, Georgia_Peaches said:

I'm totally with you on that, I think if we are still in a situation where we need to wear masks to keep others safe     (that is why you wear them people, to keep others safe, it's not about you)   I wouldn't feel comfortable on such a closed environment as a cruise ship...  so far we've had two cancelled on us, one in March, & one in May...  we have another one booked for Thanksgiving week with our kids... who knows at this point?  My head tells me we won't be going & my heart says it's nice to hold out for hope.  The old trust in the Lord but tether your horse motto :)

& the glasses fogging up....  I haven't come up with a fix for that???  But what I really want to know is...  are my nightly runs with a mask giving me better lung efficiency than the before times?  lol ;)  

Stay safe everyone, & try to think about what you can do to keep others safe :)

An article on another site indicates the Seaface mask is most likely for wait staff and other crew members who come into contact with passengers.  While I think it’s unlikely they are for passenger use if that’s what it takes to get cruises restarted I’d support it.