About time for the next update

CMV's response (or lack thereof) lately has been appalling.  On their Facebook page they keep saying there will an announcement any day  now--and nothing.  I know that someone who is suppose to sail to Greenland on July 4th still hasn't heard anything.  That's less than 30 days from now!

I currently have several future bookings with them, including a September one with balance due next week.  I'm just about to say to hell with them and cancel all 5 booking.

As I have said elsewhere I would be totally surprised if there are any cruises this year.  To a greater or lesser extent most of the world still has degrees of COVID-19 which, without a vaccine, is likely to continue for the foreseeable future.  Cunard, for one, has taken a realistic view by cancelling all cruises until November.  I would be surprised if other lines do anything different.  Where are they to go in any case?

Personally, I think CMV has treated its passengers with cruises booked for the next few months with some contempt and people do not forget.  There are many other cruise lines and I suspect that ex CMV passengers will be finding their way towards them once the world opens up again.  I am seriously considering cancelling my proposed world cruise with them due next January, and booking with P&O or Cunard instead for 2022.

Comcox and Boltonian - you KNOW you have to cancel!! 

Say for some miracle my 19th July 2020 cruise and your booked cruises do go ahead.  Do you trust Cruise & Waste of Time to deal with a possible covid outbreak onboard, never mind anything else unforeseen?  If this is the way they deal with folk pre-boarding, can you just imagine  how they will deal with an onboard emergency................... ?  (Dad's Army at Sea springs to my mind).

Their USP of treating people with old-fashioned manners and cruising "how it used to be", was appealing and that's why we had travelled with them in the past.  However, this lack of basic information and, for want of another word, paternalistic/patronising manner is a bridge too far!!  

As said in my earlier posts - there is no way EVER I will sail with CMV especially not when I will be travelling with a child and having to potentially put our lives in their hands!

Travel agent alluded that cruises will be cancelled up to end of August 2020. They are awaiting notification from CMV, which they reckon will be over the next couple of days.

Now cancelled until 25th August and can now claim a voucher for deposit amount for cruises in Sept if do not want to pay balance, which may be of use to those who do not want to pay balance.  Not ideal though as likely not to be covered if CMV fold.   This is far too late and does not say much for the company.

19 minutes ago, Dinglebert said:

Finally my cruise is cancelled.  Now starts the long hastle of trying to get my money back.

One small step.  Good luck with the rest.

Do you know if they have paid out any refunds and if so, for when?

2 hours ago, tring said:

One small step.  Good luck with the rest.

Do you know if they have paid out any refunds and if so, for when?

Sorry don't know.   Think it will take them long enough to let me know they have cancelled it.

I wonder if Mr Hill's £100 is on its way to maritime charities?

(see my post #25).

I suppose the reality is he would not have seen my post and has no interest in this forum, much like CMV's lack of interest in their passengers, suggesting as recently as a few days ago that cruises would sail in July. 

I received an email yesterday stating that they are aiming to pay refunds within 90-120 days of request being made. They had 18,000 refunds to deal with  but I’m not sure if that included the latest batch of cancellations.

Thank goodness they are allowing some choice for those of us with September 2020 bookings.  Now I have until Tuesday to figure out what to do.