Cruise Critic Community
KennyFla

Seaside Balcony Room Suggestions

Wishfully thinking ahead, with the 125% FCC we are thinking of upgrading ourselves to a balcony room when we finally get the FCC.  Any suggestions on which rooms are better?

Thanks in advance.

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, KennyFla said:

Wishfully thinking ahead, with the 125% FCC we are thinking of upgrading ourselves to a balcony room when we finally get the FCC.  Any suggestions on which rooms are better?

Thanks in advance.

Yacht club Deluxe or Royal suite!!  Obviously.  Lol...

If sticking to the rest of the Experiences, depends what you mean by "better".  

We prefer rooms with cabins all around it - not under pool deck or restaurants, etc. 

We were in an Aurea balcony on deck 9, that had the extra large extended balcony, it was great. Two full size loungers plus table and chairs, plenty of room. And one flight of stairs down to Aurea spa, atrium, buffet, etc.  Super handy.  However, it is partially open to all balconies above, so if privacy is a worry, then not for you.. we were more forward, over the spa, very quiet, etc..

Others like aft views. Still others prefer midship.  Etc.. some like to be higher up (often feels a little more movement than lower decks), while others will only book lower decks.  

Where your cabin is located will partly depend on what Experience you book. Generally, Bella will be in what many consider"worse" locations - over/under noisier venues, all the way forward, maybe a partial obstruction, etc.  

Fantastica will be in somewhat better locations, and Aurea will be in what many consider "best" locations.   Those are wildly subjective, as what is one person's best, is another's no thanks . 

The interior of the regular balcony cabins are pretty much identical, whatever Experience you book..  Hope you get one you enjoy. 

Edited by reedprincess

On 4/23/2020 at 8:40 AM, KennyFla said:

Thanks in advance.

Avoid the top deck, avoid the lowest deck near smoking areas or popular hang outs. Take carefully note of where steel balconies are on deck plans, and look at ship profiles to avoid any other view obstructions.

On MSC ships, odd numbered cabins are port, and even numbered starboard.

Knowing which ship you are considering would be helpful regarding specifics.

3 hours ago, ssmea03 said:

Knowing which ship you are considering would be helpful regarding specifics.

It's in the title, Seaside.

3 minutes ago, Até said:

It's in the title, Seaside.

Oops, so it is.

So if you are Bella or fantastica, port side, the aft part of the mid ship section, above the infinity bridge, would be where I'd book.

Almost all the fore and aft Bella cabins have steel or part steel balconies.

Mid ships and aft deck 15 will be noisy because of the buffet and pool, and shady from the overhang. Forward is ok, as it's under YC.

Smoking areas are all starboard side, mid ships and aft, so can affect deck 9.

Oops, so it is.
So if you are Bella or fantastica, port side, the aft part of the mid ship section, above the infinity bridge, would be where I'd book.
Almost all the fore and aft Bella cabins have steel or part steel balconies.
Mid ships and aft deck 15 will be noisy because of the buffet and pool, and shady from the overhang. Forward is ok, as it's under YC.
Smoking areas are all starboard side, mid ships and aft, so can affect deck 9.

Thanks for the info. I also hear it is better to book an even numbered room as the face Ocean Cay?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

10 minutes ago, KennyFla said:

Thanks for the info. I also hear it is better to book an even numbered room as the face Ocean Cay?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Port or starboard is a personal choice, I like port because of the better view at sail away and sunrise on the first morning. But the ships almost always tie up starboard side at Ocean Cay.

Posted (edited)

I personally think the location and views of bella balconies are better on Seaside.  We like the area around 10183, but it is port side.  Starboard has the smoking area on deck 8, so if that would bother you, go for port.  If not, book starboard if you want to see Ocean Cay from your balcony - recommend around 10182.

PS: These balconies overlook the infinity bridge on either side.  Nicer view and quiet.

Edited by APDMOM
PS