Jump to content

RCCL'S Travel VISA question


Recommended Posts

Have any of you used RCCL'S service for obtaining travel VISAs for Australia and/or New Zealand? 

 

How did price, ease of the process compare to going through the two nations directly?

Link to post
Share on other sites

We got ours directly from each country.   Inexpensive and easy.  Done online.  Connected to your passport,  though I printed out receipt.  No reason to use an agency and pay an extra fee.   Just make sure you are on the country's website and not a private agency site that comes up your Google search.

Link to post
Share on other sites

I agree - easy and inexpensive to get those visas online.

 

(my memory is poor on this issue; I remember getting the Australia visa; I don't remember there being a visa for New Zealand.  Is it new?)

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Biker19 said:

Where are you seeing that being offered?

My wife said there's a place on RCCL'S website cruisers can use to get travel VISAs.  She handles all the paperwork so I haven't seen the site myself.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Merion_Mom said:

I agree - easy and inexpensive to get those visas online.

 

(my memory is poor on this issue; I remember getting the Australia visa; I don't remember there being a visa for New Zealand.  Is it new?)

 

This will be our 1st sailing to Australia and New Zealand. Someone on our roll call said New Zealand requires a VISA (Maybe it was a different travel doc) that requires applicants to mail their ACTUAL passport to NZ. I don't like the sound of that......

Edited by STEVE-O
typo
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, STEVE-O said:

This will be our 1st sailing to Australia and New Zealand. Someone on our roll call said New Zealand requires a VISA (Maybe it was a different travel doc) that requires applicants to mail their ACTUAL passport to NZ. I don't like the sound of that......

 

 

IF (IF IF IF) that is true, it is definitely new.  The only time I have EVER had to mail my passport for a visa was for Brazil in 2008.

Link to post
Share on other sites
38 minutes ago, STEVE-O said:

My wife said there's a place on RCCL'S website cruisers can use to get travel VISAs.  

I haven't used their site: https://visacentral.com/tourkits?bookmark=1&login=royalcaribbean but it looks like the Australian visa is $55 while if you go directly to the Aussie gov't site: https://www.eta.homeaffairs.gov.au/ETAS3/etas it's $A20. I assume the same kind of mark up for NZ visas. Go directly to the gov't site to get your visa(s), skip the middle man and the mark up.

Edited by Biker19
Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Forum Jump
    • Categories
      • Thank You for 25 Years - Click for Fun Stuff!
      • Forum Assistance
      • ANNOUNCEMENT: Crystal Cruises - New! Luxury Bahamas Escapes
      • ICYM Our Cruise Critic Live Special Event: Explore the Remote World with Hurtigruten!
      • New Cruisers
      • Cruise Lines “A – O”
      • Cruise Lines “P – Z”
      • River Cruising
      • ROLL CALLS
      • Digital Photography & Cruise Technology
      • Special Interest Cruising
      • Cruise Discussion Topics
      • UK Cruising
      • Australia & New Zealand Cruisers
      • Canadian Cruisers
      • North American Homeports
      • Ports of Call
      • Cruise Conversations
×
×
  • Create New...