Would you wear a mask every time you were outside your cabin?

clo

23 minutes ago, lenquixote66 said:

Yes,i realize that but when an adult is with a baby I would think they would wear the mask on their face.

Well, if they were going to do it to protect the baby from themselves, then they'd have to do it in the house also.

4 minutes ago, lenquixote66 said:

Possibly ,I am not sure.

People who live together don't need to wear masks.ย  Do you and your wife wear them when you're at home?

On 6/16/2020 at 12:52 PM, lenquixote66 said:

Yes,where I live but never on a cruise ship

I have no problem wearing it on a cruise ship either.

If it is required in order to do something, or enter a place, I will not throw a fit or try to justify why I shouldn't wear one.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

34 minutes ago, Arzeena said:

If it is required in order to do something, or enter a place, I will not throw a fit or try to justify why I shouldn't wear one.

That is your opinion .We differ.I would not enjoy a cruise if I had to wear a mask.

We'll respectively wear a mask on the ship only if it's mandatory (not recommended or suggested), published on the cruise lines website, in our cruise documents and strictly enforced while on the ship in the designated mask zones. Like the current no smoking on balconies or else,ย no pool chair saving,ย etc that seem to be ignored or hard to enforce by the staff/crew.ย 

Edited by davekathy

1 hour ago, Arzeena said:

Maybe I have been reading the responses wrongly, but I cannot see anyone trying to justify not wearing a mask on a cruise.

Just many people (including me) saying that if they are required to wear a mask, they will not book the cruise as they will not find the cruise enjoyable.

So if masks are required in order to cruise, some people will book the cruise and wear the mask.

Others will simply not book the cruise.

ย 

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, nosapphire said:

Maybe I have been reading the responses wrongly, but I cannot see anyone trying to justify not wearing a mask on a cruise.

Just many people (including me) saying that if they are required to wear a mask, they will not book the cruise as they will not find the cruise enjoyable.

So if masks are required in order to cruise, some people will book the cruise and wear the mask.

Others will simply not book the cruise.

ย 

Sadly, there is a third category: those who will book the cruise and willย not wear the mask. ย  There are a lot of posters on these threads who make it clear that they do not like wearing masks, and we have all seen many people on cruise ships who disregard rules โ€” such as no saving loungers or seats in the theatre, not ย leaving balcony doors open, not handling food and putting it back, washing hands after using a rest room, etc., etc.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, lenquixote66 said:

That is your opinion .We differ.I would not enjoy a cruise if I had to wear a mask.

Correct. And I get it. But you should not go on the cruise/cruise line where wearing a mask is mandatory and does not let you enjoy.

Edited by Arzeena

Iย would hope everyone understands that wearing a mask is mostly to protect other people and not themselves. ย If one cannot agree to wear a mask then they should not book a cruise.

i also would hope the cruise line would disembark any passenger that did not comply with this requirement in order to protect the other guests.

ย 

Stan

• Like 1

3 hours ago, davekathy said:

We'll respectively wear a mask on the ship only if it's mandatory (not recommended or suggested),

I'm honestly shocked at this comment. Not just because it's the RIGHT thing to do. Wow.

2 hours ago, navybankerteacher said:

There are a lot of posters on these threads who make it clear that they do not like wearing masks, and we have all seen many people on cruise ships who disregard rules โ€” such as no saving loungers or seats in the theatre, not ย leaving balcony doors open, not handling food and putting it back, washing hands after using a rest room, etc., etc.

ย 

Lots of "rule breakers" that I have seen?ย  Yes.ย  The wearing of a mask or not doing so rises to a different level of "rule breaking", I think.

ย 

I DO NOT LIKE wearing a mask.ย  I have yet to find one or have had one made for me that properly fits me and allows me to breathe properly.ย  I cannot find one type that I think might work OK from the photos of others who are wearing such.ย ย 

ย 

If I take another cruise, I will wear a mask when I must do so.ย  But, knowing that I must do so is going to be an impediment in my booking my next cruise.ย  I amย going to really want to take that cruise.

On 6/15/2020 at 7:29 PM, navybankerteacher said:

Yes, but I am willing to bet that there will be some macho oiks who will refuse - and challenge someone to make them. ย And Mayor DiBllasio has already gone on record opposing arresting people for refusing to wear masks.

ย 

Sadly our Gym it is optional....

ย 

A good read:ย ย https://www.psypost.org/2020/06/psychopathic-traits-linked-to-non-compliance-with-social-distancing-guidelines-amid-the-coronavirus-pandemic-56980

ย 

On 6/16/2020 at 2:17 PM, clo said:

I started this thread in April which seems forever ago. I know I've certainly become completely comfortable with wearing a mask.

ย 

It would go away if people cared about others and instead of debating all the reasons it is possibly uneffective just do it.

ย 

Kind of like rules like wearing seat belts,ย  not drinking and driving etc. etc.ย  ย Rules have common sense basis but you can debate all the exceptions and doesn't apply, or it is hard. etc. etc...ย  ย ย 

ย 

https://www.psypost.org/2020/06/psychopathic-traits-linked-to-non-compliance-with-social-distancing-guidelines-amid-the-coronavirus-pandemic-56980

ย 

ย 

9 minutes ago, chipmaster said:

It would go away if people cared about others and instead of debating all the reasons it is possibly uneffective just do it.

ย 

Kind of like rules like wearing seat belts,ย  not drinking and driving etc. etc.ย  ย Rules have common sense basis but you can debate all the exceptions and doesn't apply, or it is hard. etc. etc...ย  ย ย 

ย 

Really, I don't disagree with your fundamental premise of your post.ย ย 

ย 

This virus is unlike anything that those of us now alive have ever experienced.ย  "We, the People" have lost the meaning in our country's founding documents as to what those words mean to many of current Americans.ย  "We" are in this together.ย  For better or worse.ย  Too many of our countrymen have yet to understand that.ย ย 

On 6/16/2020 at 5:44 PM, wowzz said:

Which means that their hands get contaminated by the mask.ย  The mask might stop the wearer spreading the disease, but by constantly taking it on and off you are exposing yourself to cross contamination.ย  Wear any mask once, then either despose of it or wash it. Do not reuse it.

Your mask has the germs you exhaled (sneezed, coughed) on it. Getting your germs on your hands isn't a cross-contamination risk. It's getting another person's germs on your hands that causes new infections.ย ย ย 

2 hours ago, travelingman said:

Iย would hope everyone understands that wearing a mask is mostly to protect other people and not themselves. ย If one cannot agree to wear a mask then they should not book a cruise.

i also would hope the cruise line would disembark any passenger that did not comply with this requirement in order to protect the other guests.

ย 

Stan

ย 

Takes only that one inconsiderate and selfish person to be both ill and one of the non-masks wearers and the risk for transmission and number of infected to exponentially increase in likely hood.ย ย 

ย 

We've already seen that in the Grand/Diamond/Zaandaam, and countries that don't practice this good behavior and those that do...ย 

ย 

And we wonder why some country seems to lead in freedom, cases and deaths.

5 hours ago, navybankerteacher said:

Sadly, there is a third category: those who will book the cruise and willย not wear the mask. ย  There are a lot of posters on these threads who make it clear that they do not like wearing masks, and we have all seen many people on cruise ships who disregard rules โ€” such as no saving loungers or seats in the theatre, not ย leaving balcony doors open, not handling food and putting it back, washing hands after using a rest room, etc., etc.

ย 

So many people are posting because they believe the pandemic is not a serious threat they are somehow exempt from the rules. While it might be fine in your home country you have to wonder how they will behave as tourists if they visit a country that does take the threat seriously and expects them to follow certain protocols. Are we going to see a new breed of ugly tourists that stomp around saying "Screw your social distance, masks, one way walk paths, I don't believe in the threat or the rules, I am doing whatever I want"๐Ÿคฆโ€โ™€๏ธ

Edited by ilikeanswers

2 minutes ago, ilikeanswers said:

Are we going to see a new breed of ugly tourists that stomp around saying "Screw your social distance, masks, one way walk paths, I don't believe in the threat or the rules, I am I'm doing whatever I want"๐Ÿคฆโ€โ™€๏ธ

Exactly.

22 minutes ago, ilikeanswers said:

ย 

So many people are posting because they believe the pandemic is not a serious threat they are somehow exempt from the rules. While it might be fine in your home country you have to wonder how they will behave as tourists if they visit a country that does take the threat seriously and expects them to follow certain protocols. Are we going to see a new breed of ugly tourists that stomp around saying "Screw your social distance, masks, one way walk paths, I don't believe in the threat or the rules, I am doing whatever I want"๐Ÿคฆโ€โ™€๏ธ

ย 

ย 

https://www.psypost.org/2020/06/psychopathic-traits-linked-to-non-compliance-with-social-distancing-guidelines-amid-the-coronavirus-pandemic-56980

9 minutes ago, chipmaster said:

ย 

Study is pretty dubious. So many countries have managed compliance I think blaming psychopathy is probably ignoring all the policy and leader failures of the US. Besides I think there is more political zealotry behind non compliance rather than deliberate malice๐Ÿ˜‰.ย 

• Like 1

Just now, ilikeanswers said:

ย 

Study is pretty dubious. So many countries have managed compliance I think blaming psychopathy is probably ignoring all the policy and leader failures of the US. Besides I think there is more political zealotry behind non compliance rather than deliberate malice๐Ÿ˜‰.ย 

ย 

Here somehow being considerate, making a sacrifice to prevent you spreading by wearing a mask is positioned as being weak, and not supporting freedom, need I say more ๐Ÿ˜ž