20% Additional Future Cruise Credit

FLAHAM

Would really have liked to get the additional 20% future cruise credit in booking a longer cruise, perhaps transatlantic or in Australia/New Zealand, in late 2021 or in 2022.  However, it looks like the 27 April deadline will pass before any such cruises become available to book (except for weekly POA trips in Hawaii).  Disappointed.  

Edited by FLAHAM

It is not 20% off a cruise. It is 20% of the value of the cruise that was cancelled (in the past).

So if the cruise you cancelled cost $1000, you get a $200 additional FCC.

You can use the $1000+$200 = $1200 on a $1500 cruise or a $5000 cruise, it still is only $1200.  

53 minutes ago, BirdTravels said:

It is not 20% off a cruise. It is 20% of the value of the cruise that was cancelled (in the past).

You can use the $1000+$200 = $1200 on a $1500 cruise or a $5000 cruise, it still is only $1200.  

Perhaps your terms are different but I received  20% off future cruise fares in addition to the 125% fcc’s from the canceled cruise. 

Using your example of a $1000 canceled cruise:  the fcc’s are $1000 plus an additional 25% or $250 fcc.  Some closer in cancellations received a 150%  fcc.  Mine was a 3/29/20 sailing and qualified for the 125%. 

Again using your example: The 20% discount on a $1500 future sailing reduces that fare to $1200.  The 25% ($250)  fcc from canceled 1k sailing further reduces the fare to $950. The 1k original fare from cancellation is then credited to the sailing as a payment bringing the total fare owed of $0.  A future sailing of 5k is initially reduced by 20% to 4K and then the fcc’s are applied. 

I booked a couple far off sailings in more expensive suites to take advantage of the 20%. Got the 20% off the top and then used the fcc’s.  

There’s some longer sailings available in late 2021 for Australia/New Zealand on the Jewel. 

• Like 3

I've gotta side with @littlelulu here. The offer of the 20% is for the newly booked cruise, NOT the canceled cruise. The 20% is off of the base cruise fare, not including taxes, etc. And I was able to take the FCC from a canceled 7 day cruise and use it to help book an 11 day cruise at 20% off the listed price.

~Brian

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, littlelulu01 said:

There’s some longer sailings available in late 2021 for Australia/New Zealand on the Jewel. 

The latest 2021 sailing for the Jewel in Australia/New Zealand that I see is February.  

It's worth noting the 20% discount on a future cruise is not 20% off the full cost of the cruise, it is 20% of what they call the "voyage fare", in our case the cruise cost was 2, 311.80 but the "voyage fare" was 1,353.80 our 20% was therefore 270.76.

1 hour ago, ziggyuk said:

It's worth noting the 20% discount on a future cruise is not 20% off the full cost of the cruise, it is 20% of what they call the "voyage fare", in our case the cruise cost was 2, 311.80 but the "voyage fare" was 1,353.80 our 20% was therefore 270.76.

Yes, that's correct.  You don't get a discount on the port fees, service charges, etc.

Yeah...NCL is "stacking" the discounts.  20% off a future cruise fare (not including taxes/fees) and 125% as a future cruise credit.  So, when booking, when you sign into the NCL sight, and make a booking (I mock bookings all the time), the WEB site will automatically show you the fare as 20% off.  Then, you'll be able to apply the 125% future cruise credit to that number (some cruises which were cancelled close to sailing received 150% FCC).

• Like 1

11 hours ago, BirdTravels said:

Bird, you incorrect here, see below as copied from my cancellation letter in bold

Information follows for guests currently booked on voyages with embarkation dates from May 15 to June 30, 2020:
· All guests on impacted voyages will automatically receive a 125% refund of the fare paid in the form of a future cruise credit, which can be applied toward any future cruise through December 31, 2022. This future cruise credit is valid for one year from the issue date and applicable towards all published sailings through December 31, 2022. All future cruise credits will be issued by Friday, May 1, 2020. Guests who take advantage of this option and rebook a new cruise through May 15, 2020 for any voyage in October through December 2020 or anytime in 2021 or 2022 will receive an additional 20% discount off any published price. The 125% refund and additional 20% discount provides tremendous value to our loyal guests; we are very pleased to be able to offer this terrific incentive.

13 hours ago, shukapaw said:

I've gotta side with @littlelulu here. The offer of the 20% is for the newly booked cruise, NOT the canceled cruise. The 20% is off of the base cruise fare, not including taxes, etc. And I was able to take the FCC from a canceled 7 day cruise and use it to help book an 11 day cruise at 20% off the listed price.

~Brian

Me too, because I booked a new cruise already and received 20% off the cabin fare.  Bird should read a little more carefully.  If he/she had future cruise credit, and looked at new bookings they would know this.  Some people say Bird is helpful, but some of their posts are simply bad information.

10 hours ago, FLAHAM said:

The latest 2021 sailing for the Jewel in Australia/New Zealand that I see is February.  

Sorry had my years mixed up.  The 19 night in February 2021 was the longer sailing I was thinking of.  The suite prices are too high for me on that one but it looks like an excellent sailing. Getaway had some 10 & 11 night fall 2021 that are a little more reasonable. I personally prefer the Jewel class ships but did place a fcc on the Getaway Europe fall 2021. I figure at least I’m getting my previous fcc’s and cruise nexts parked on something tangible on paper.  Gives me something travel wise to look forward to without spending more money. The Jewel 11 night Hawaii to Vancouver April, 2021 looks like a great itinerary too and one that might actually happen.