I am of the mindset that crew services will increase when cruising resumes, and while many things will change, and some surely will go away, what do you think may make a return that has been absent from cruising? For Example: The Roaming Pool Deck Waiter.  I can see them returning in droves and bars removing stools to be walk up/service bars only (no more packed deep). 

1 hour ago, LMaxwell said:

I am of the mindset that crew services will increase when cruising resumes, and while many things will change, and some surely will go away, what do you think may make a return that has been absent from cruising? For Example: The Roaming Pool Deck Waiter.  I can see them returning in droves and bars removing stools to be walk up/service bars only (no more packed deep). 

Better off everyone going to Bar getting drink rather then returning to day of half dozen roaming waiters exposing others. Rest/Bars that opening in some States this week are using disposable cups and menus

Edited by ONECRUISER

The return of truly outstanding service.

Crew are all eager to get back to work.

Most work for tips.

No different than the small businesses that are ready to re-open.

We've noticed the restaurants that did stay open and sell take-out food, have given us bigger portions and discounts. Employees are thankful that we support their business.

Royal Caribbean will be happy to see us back onboard. We can see all the "welcome back" gifts waiting in the cabins. 

5 hours ago, bonsai3s said:

The return of truly outstanding service.

Crew are all eager to get back to work.

Most work for tips.

No different than the small businesses that are ready to re-open.

We've noticed the restaurants that did stay open and sell take-out food, have given us bigger portions and discounts. Employees are thankful that we support their business.

Royal Caribbean will be happy to see us back onboard. We can see all the "welcome back" gifts waiting in the cabins

Oh Boy! I could use another fanny pack or baseball cap. 😁

After a vaccine is developed and widely available, cruise lines will give every passenger a vaccination and a tee shirt as they go through checkin.  Instead of those BAKER (whatever name) FAMILY CRUISE tee shirts the whole ship will be red, white and blue I GOT THE SHOT shirts.  

10 hours ago, LMaxwell said:

return of single use straws (indiv wrapped?) 

Minimizes the risk of drinking from a glass rim that a waiter or bartender may have touched.  

5 hours ago, BSocial said:

return of single use straws (indiv wrapped?) 

Minimizes the risk of drinking from a glass rim that a waiter or bartender may have touched.  

Funny you mention that; I told a friend that I expect plastic straws to come back like 2019 never happened