Jump to content

Cruises Cancelled Through End of June


Recommended Posts

See Post #19 from this Crystal thread:

 

Good discussion of this topic on Silversea thread, too.  I will stop criticising NCLH for delays in cancellations.

 

Marc

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

France has extended their state of emergency until 24 July; there goes the 6 July Voyager cruise from Monte Carlo; you would have to fly in two weeks early for quarantine.

 

Marc

Link to post
Share on other sites

Almost certainly this means no cruises in Europe in 2020,

On top of this the latest casualty in the aviation sector is Rolls Royce aero engines laying off several thousand workers. They make aero engines for both Boeing and Airbus.

Link to post
Share on other sites

I personally have no issue with Regent not going to Europe in 2020 (or for cruise lines based in other countries not visiting the U.S.). This makes sense.  However, there are other places in the world that might open up in the fall that many of us are interested in.

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Travelcat2 said:

I personally have no issue with Regent not going to Europe in 2020 (or for cruise lines based in other countries not visiting the U.S.). This makes sense.  However, there are other places in the world that might open up in the fall that many of us are interested in.

Think the only way back will be cruises which don't rely on flights to and from as the airlines or lack of will be the problem. Just read that Warren Buffett has decided it is now time to pull all investment out of the 4 main US airlines. In Europe only those with National support to prop up like KLM/ Air France and Alitalia which has been re-nationalized can see their way forward both BA and Lufthansa are in trouble, Virgin is in need of £500m bailout. Ryanair has also said social distancing and leaving a third of seats empty is idiotic and they will not start under these conditions unless the Irish Government pays for every third seat.

Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, GrJ Berkshire said:

Think the only way back will be cruises which don't rely on flights to and from as the airlines or lack of will be the problem. Just read that Warren Buffett has decided it is now time to pull all investment out of the 4 main US airlines. In Europe only those with National support to prop up like KLM/ Air France and Alitalia which has been re-nationalized can see their way forward both BA and Lufthansa are in trouble, Virgin is in need of £500m bailout. Ryanair has also said social distancing and leaving a third of seats empty is idiotic and they will not start under these conditions unless the Irish Government pays for every third seat.

 

Really sorry to learn of the difficulties with some airlines.  We can only hope that Air Canada will continue to fly since they are the airline that we hope to be using for our November cruise.  I also hope that the government involved will help these struggling airlines.

Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, witt's end said:

Air Canada anticipates return of worldwide air travel by Christmas.

Hopefully, sooner for you Jackie.

 

 

Thank you for the update!  Right now we're just waiting for the border to reopen.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Air Canada has limitied its operations till June. Just like all other air companies many has postponed operations until future notice. If you planned to travel somewhere to travel elsewhere from there - its not the best time to do so. I may get stuck somewhere in the middle. I would suggest getting a refund and just stay away from trouble

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, witt's end said:

Air Canada anticipates return of worldwide air travel by Christmas.

Hopefully, sooner for you Jackie.

 

 

We are flying from LAX to YVR on Westjet (DL coded) on 5 October after Mariner Vancouver to LA cruise.  I hope either both operate or both are cancelled so I don't have to either 1) find alternate flight if cruise happens but not flight or 2) get money out of Delta if cruise is cancelled but not the flight.

 

Westjet to report earnings on Tuesday; hopefully there is no bankruptcy announcement at the same time.

 

Marc

Link to post
Share on other sites

I finally got around to checking my Delta account; they refunded my money quickly, but so far not the 270,000 miles I used.  I have put in an inquiry, and now I'll wait on that.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Roger88 said:

Air Canada has limitied its operations till June. Just like all other air companies many has postponed operations until future notice. If you planned to travel somewhere to travel elsewhere from there - its not the best time to do so. I may get stuck somewhere in the middle. I would suggest getting a refund and just stay away from trouble

 

Regent cruises include air and most of us book through them.  Sometimes flights are “booked for several months but are not “ticketed”.  This may be the case with our November cruise as well as our January cruise where we have Air New Zealand and Air Canada booked.  

 

Thanks for the heads up ....... it is appreciated.

 

Stay safe!

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, greykitty said:

NCLH working on more liquidity based on loan amendments

 

https://www.seatrade-cruise.com/news/nclh-boosts-liquidity-amended-loans-three-further-ships

 

And some day they are going to have to either pay the debt back or claim bankruptcy.  This is beginning to look a lot like Renaissance; just acquiring more debt as long as the ships are beautiful and customers are happy.

Edited by mrlevin
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, DaveFr said:

I just saw that Seabourn has cancelled all its cruises until October or November depending on the ship. (https://www.seabourn.com/en_US/news/pause-global-cruise-operations.html)  What will Regent do?

 

Dave

 

Very interesting.  I wonder what Silversea is doing.  It sounds as if Mark Conroy would like to see their ships sail sooner than that (assuming that it is safe).

Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, DaveFr said:

I just saw that Seabourn has cancelled all its cruises until October or November depending on the ship. (https://www.seabourn.com/en_US/news/pause-global-cruise-operations.html)  What will Regent do?

 

Dave

That is a very clear & detailed statement of intent giving full transparency to Seabourn guests of their plans for the next 6 months.

I hope that NCLH/Regent does something similar soon as good communication with customers and prospective customers will be one of the cornerstones of rebuilding confidence in the various cruise lines.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Yes, and cruises from US ports have currently been banned until July 24. And because our Federal government has gone dysfunctional for the time being, we don’t have a clue when cruises will be allowed again. I’m not blaming anybody, but we just have no info on how the pandemic will progress,  we are not booking a cruise or a flight or a hotel we can drive to until more is known about this mess! And if cruises are opened up again, can you get flights to and I’m the port(s)?  Some people in the NW US say they can;t book flights to Miami, Fla. Many international flights are no-go as the destination country has banned them. We can’t even get a flight to Canada for this reason. Any cruise line that tells you that you can book a cruise in early July, and have it go, is lying. It will not go, and then they will want to give you FFCs which will be nice, if the cruise line is still around in the future.. 

Edited by Dolebludger
Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, Dolebludger said:

Yes, and cruises from US ports have currently been banned until July 24. And because our Federal government has gone dysfunctional for the time being, we don’t have a clue when cruises will be allowed again. I’m not blaming anybody, but we just have no info on how the pandemic will progress,  we are not booking a cruise or a flight or a hotel we can drive to until more is known about this mess! And if cruises are opened up again, can you get flights to and I’m the port(s)?  Some people in the NW US say they can;t book flights to Miami, Fla. Many international flights are no-go as the destination country has banned them. We can’t even get a flight to Canada for this reason. Any cruise line that tells you that you can book a cruise in early July, and have it go, is lying. It will not go, and then they will want to give you FFCs which will be nice, if the cruise line is still around in the future.. 

Always the optimist. Last week it was NCLH had 0% chance of avoiding bankruptcy. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

CBWI, 

 

Yes, I still believe what I posted before. It may be delayed a bit, but no company can pay 12.5% to 14%  annual interest on borrowed money, and last for long when  it is getting no revenue in the foreseeable future. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Of course things will be tough. But they have over eighteen months of cash to fund operations even if there is no revenue and they would be in violation of security laws if this statement is untrue. If cruising doesn't resume in eighteen months, the whole world has a lot more problems than the solvency of cruise lines.

Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, pappy1022 said:

Absolutely true. The Regent cheerleaders will drink the koolaid and declare all is well but tough times are ahead. 

I am a Regent cheerleader. I drink wine, not koolaid.
All is not well, but we have lots of love in this home.  

Tough times are here now and hopefully will ease in the future. 
You are not a Regent cheerleader.... all you do is whine and complain.

Hope you can survive these tough times. We try hard. 
Sheila 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Forum Jump
    • Categories
      • Thank You for 25 Years - Click for Fun Stuff!
      • Forum Assistance
      • ANNOUNCEMENT: American Queen Steamboat Company - Celebrate Your Freedom
      • Q&A: Cruise Insurance with Steve Dasseos of TripInsuranceStore.com - June 2021
      • New Cruisers
      • Cruise Lines “A – O”
      • Cruise Lines “P – Z”
      • River Cruising
      • ROLL CALLS
      • Digital Photography & Cruise Technology
      • Special Interest Cruising
      • Cruise Discussion Topics
      • UK Cruising
      • Australia & New Zealand Cruisers
      • Canadian Cruisers
      • North American Homeports
      • Ports of Call
      • Cruise Conversations
×
×
  • Create New...