We'll Be Back

Crazy For Cats

1 hour ago, Crazy For Cats said:

This video was on my FB feed this morning.  It brought a tear to my and I shared on the daily.  It was requested that I share on a new thread for more people to see.  It is an amazing video.

Wonderful video. Many thanks for sharing.

• Like 1

I saw the same thing - what a great video, and a great message.  We pray for all those still on the ships, trying to get home, trying to find a port to reprovision, etc.  You're in our hearts.

Smooth Sailing!  🙂🙂🙂

I must be in a different FaceBook group because all I see are posts from people who "are so excited" that they've booked an upcoming cruise, asking for travel tips, etc. I get that they're happy to be looking forward to a cruise but to me its insensitive, almost infuriating, that they are posting about a cruise that maybe will sail a year from now while my friends and neighbors are suffering, and in one case dying, from COVID.  I just wish they would temper their enthusiasm while we in the Northeast and still in the midst of this awful pandemic.

17 minutes ago, baggal said:

I must be in a different FaceBook group because all I see are posts from people who "are so excited" that they've booked an upcoming cruise, asking for travel tips, etc. I get that they're happy to be looking forward to a cruise but to me its insensitive, almost infuriating, that they are posting about a cruise that maybe will sail a year from now while my friends and neighbors are suffering, and in one case dying, from COVID.  I just wish they would temper their enthusiasm while we in the Northeast and still in the midst of this awful pandemic.

Social media is an odd duck. While scripture says to rejoice with those that rejoice and to mourn with those that mourn, a posting on Facebook will find people in both categories. As a pastor, I will be meeting this morning with someone who lost a father this week. Knowing her grief shouldn't take away my ability to laugh and rejoice with the good news of others. 

We can often experience both joy and sorrow at the same time. When my DW's father was dying, some years ago, the whole family got together to be with him and each other. That time was filled with both laughter and tears. 

May we all learn to rejoice in the midst of sorrow.

• Like 10

15 minutes ago, HAL4NOW said:

Social media is an odd duck. While scripture says to rejoice with those that rejoice and to mourn with those that mourn, a posting on Facebook will find people in both categories. As a pastor, I will be meeting this morning with someone who lost a father this week. Knowing her grief shouldn't take away my ability to laugh and rejoice with the good news of others. 

We can often experience both joy and sorrow at the same time. When my DW's father was dying, some years ago, the whole family got together to be with him and each other. That time was filled with both laughter and tears. 

May we all learn to rejoice in the midst of sorrow.

Well said, pastor. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, baggal said:

I strongly disagree. People need hope. Hope is a powerful drug.

I will never forget one of the most powerful scenes from the film "Apollo 13."

Flight Director Gene Kranz (played  brilliantly  by Ed Harris) overhears two of his colleagues  discussing the dismal chances for bringing Apollo 13 and its crew safely back to earth. One of the men comments " This could be the worst disaster NASA has ever experienced."

Gene Kranz overhead this comment and turned to the men and said;" With all due respect sir. I believe this will be our finest hour."

I feel the same way when I think of the extraordinary efforts of our doctors, nurses, and scientists doing all they can to defeat this virus.

You can defeat the virus...…...or let the virus defeat you.  Your choice.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Crazy For Cats said:

This video was on my FB feed this morning.  It brought a tear to my and I shared on the daily.  It was requested that I share on a new thread for more people to see.  It is an amazing video.

The sooner the better!  I loved the video but am grieved over the shut down. Cruise ships did not create the virus nor did it spread because of the cruise ships.    

• Like 1

8 hours ago, cruisetheworld67 said:

I strongly disagree. People need hope. Hope is a powerful drug.

I will never forget one of the most powerful scenes from the film "Apollo 13."

Flight Director Gene Kranz (played  brilliantly  by Ed Harris) overhears two of his colleagues  discussing the dismal chances for bringing Apollo 13 and its crew safely back to earth. One of the men comments " This could be the worst disaster NASA has ever experienced."

Gene Kranz overhead this comment and turned to the men and said;" With all due respect sir. I believe this will be our finest hour."

I feel the same way when I think of the extraordinary efforts of our doctors, nurses, and scientists doing all they can to defeat this virus.

You can defeat the virus...…...or let the virus defeat you.  Your choice.

As of today,  over 50,000 deaths in the United States.  I believe our finest hour has come and gone.  

Many of us love Holland America and love to cruise.  It's good medicine to have hope for the future.  We've been confined for pretty much six weeks and find this to be uplifting and we look forward to a brighter future.

• Like 1