When will you feel comfortable going on a cruise again?

cruiseagona

23 minutes ago, Corliss said:

Take your own advice...."Get up to speed."  If you had bothered to read the links I provided you would see the Hydroxychloroquine/ZPack is the global preferred therapy. 

1) Raoult’s studies have been ripped apart 

2) Your other link is a month old and isn’t an actual report on clinical outcomes 

3) https://www.the-hospitalist.org/hospitalist/article/221227/arrhythmias-ep/hydroxychloroquine-ineffective-covid-19-va-study-suggests

It’s possible it will have some use in prophylaxis, but right now it’s not pulling anyone back from the brink of death.

Neither is remdesivir, unfortunately.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, AdoraBelle said:

2) Your other link is a month old and isn’t an actual report on clinical outcomes 

3) https://www.the-hospitalist.org/hospitalist/article/221227/arrhythmias-ep/hydroxychloroquine-ineffective-covid-19-va-study-suggests

It’s possible it will have some use in prophylaxis, but right now it’s not pulling anyone back from the brink of death.

Wow AdoraBelle. You are amazing! This is the second time today you have beaten me to the punch. I was just getting ready to reply and you saved me a lot of typing. Maybe we just all have too much time on our hands while we sit isolating at home.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, vpearlkc said:

Wow AdoraBelle. You are amazing! This is the second time today you have beaten me to the punch. I was just getting ready to reply and you saved me a lot of typing. Maybe we just all have too much time on our hands while we sit isolating at home.

Too much time, plus the misinformation is so disheartening. 😞 

(I’m not even sure why I’m on CC right now, I guess curious to see the perspectives changing as things get mostly worse. That doesn’t mean I’m not hopeful for an eventual effective treatment. :) )

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, AdoraBelle said:

He was “classified among the ten leading French researchers by the journal Nature, for the number of his publications (a credit of more than two thousand) and for his citations number”, in 2008, as reported by a daily economic newspaper covering his work.[15]

According to the Thomson Reuters source “Highly Cited Researchers List”, Raoult is among the most influential researchers in his field and his publications are among the 1% most consulted in academic journals. He is one of the 99 most cited microbiologists in the world and one of the 73 most highly cited French scientists.[16] He is a world reference for Q fever and Whipple’s disease.[17] In April 2017, on Google Scholar citations,[18] he cumulated over 104,000 citations and an h index of 148. He is also on the list of the 400 most cited authors in the biomedical world.[19]

According to the analysis of the publications from 2007 to 2013, by Kathleen Gransalke, for Labtimes (2017/02), Raoult appears at the top of the European classification (including Israel) with 18,128 citations.[20]

He totalizes more than 2,300 indexed publications including 8 in Science, and 3 in Nature, the two most visible scientific journals according to the N&S index of Shanghai’s ranking.[21

Here is this week's survey and your comment about the survey not including "clinical outcomes" is hard to make sense of.  These physicians treating the patients characterized the outcomes and would be in the best position to know.....read the charts.

https://app.sermo.com/covid19-barometer?utm_campaign=wwwsermo_covid19

This was not a peer-reviewed study.

A spokeswoman for the Department of Veterans Affairs issued a statement by email to Fox News which read, “This was not a clinical trial. It is simply an analysis of retrospective data regarding hospitalized patients. The findings should not be viewed as definitive because the analysis doesn’t adjust for patients’ clinical status and showed that hydroxychloroquine alone was provided to VA’s sickest COVID-19 patients, many times as a last resort.”

As I clearly indicated (and as all the docs using this protocol have indicated) the disease needs to be treated at the time of diagnosis.....it is less effective at "pulling anyone back from the brink of death."

• Like 1

On 4/24/2020 at 8:02 AM, sanger727 said:

My biggest concern has been and continues to be a fear of being quarantined. I'm still working and it's a job I can't do from home. I can afford to take a week or two off for a vacation. I can't afford to take 2 weeks off for a vacation plus another 2-4 for a quarantine. Until ships start sailing and the issue of getting stuck at sea or quarantined has been resolved I'm not willing to risk getting stuck.

This is exactly my issue. We’re booked on a British Isles cruise end of September that I’ve been waiting 2 years for but I work in a large health system and there is no way I can get stuck not being able to go back to work. Plus the UK is also in terrible shape. This would have been my first NCL cruise and while I know that Celebrity has beyond exceptional cleaning and hand gel procedures (long before any of this, I’m not sure about NCL and the bottom line is....cruise ships are floating petrie dishes ( and I’m an RN). So sadly we’re 99% sure we’re canceling. 

3 minutes ago, Cdngrl6 said:

This is exactly my issue. We’re booked on a British Isles cruise end of September that I’ve been waiting 2 years for but I work in a large health system and there is no way I can get stuck not being able to go back to work. Plus the UK is also in terrible shape. This would have been my first NCL cruise and while I know that Celebrity has beyond exceptional cleaning and hand gel procedures (long before any of this, I’m not sure about NCL and the bottom line is....cruise ships are floating petrie dishes ( and I’m an RN). So sadly we’re 99% sure we’re canceling. 

You think cruise ships are bad !! checkout airplanes, I am a pilot and can tell you stories, stay away from ships and airplanes until next year.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, AdoraBelle said:

Thought I would share with you Dr. Raoult's analysis of the VA "study" you referenced above.

Dr. Raoult reviewed their findings and discovered several glaring instances of “scientific misconduct.”

In the current period, it seems that passion dominates rigorous and balanced scientific analysis and may lead to scientific misconduct and this article [VA findings] is an absolutely spectacular example of this. The analysis of the data shows two major biases…Lymphopenia is twice as common in the HCQ groups as the non-HCQ group and there is an absolute correlation between lymphopenia and fatality rate, which is well known.

HQC and the HQC/Zpak were given after the patients had been intubated. “This is unreasonable at the time of the cytokine storm [after patient is critically ill], as it is unlikely that HCQ alone would be able to control patients at this stage of the disease.”

The second problem: “Incomprehensibly, the ‘untreated group’ actually received azithromycin in 30% of cases, without this group being analyzed in any distinct way. Azithromycin is also a proposed treatment for COVID-19 (Gautret 2020) with in-vitro efficacy.”

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Garf said:

You think cruise ships are bad !! checkout airplanes, I am a pilot and can tell you stories, stay away from ships and airplanes until next year.

Yes Garf I didn’t even go there!, 😂

• Like 1

10 hours ago, AdoraBelle said:

....It’s possible it will have some use in prophylaxis, but right now it’s not pulling anyone back from the brink of death.

Do you have an opinion on injecting disinfectant as a means of 'vaccine'.....? 🤣

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Not sure why everything has to turn political.  There is too much false information out there, some truth, some outright lies.  To get back to the OP’s question, I would feel comfortable going on a cruise tomorrow if they sailed.  I have one scheduled for October and will 100% be on it if it sails.

• Like 2

I don't know if I can say what I want in English but I will give it a try!

For a few days now our "infection rate" has been under 1. With that I mean that every infected person infect less than 1 person. I don't know how they measure that but if it is correct that is very good news. That doesn't necessary mean that the worst is over but it's still very good news and something to be happy about right now!

Does anyone has any information about the "infection rate" in other countries right now? 

The graph on this site indicates that the worldwide transmission rate (ro) is just below 1.  If I remember correctly, a few days ago Cuomo was making reference to some area being down to .7-.8, but I didn't catch whether he was referring to all of New York or just a region of it that was making good progress.

Naturally the big thing about the ro is that if it is below 1 eventually the virus will disappear.  I wonder mathematically how long that "eventually" is....:-)

https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/coronavirus-cases/

58 minutes ago, sverigecruiser said:

....Does anyone has any information about the "infection rate" in other countries right now? 

The rate in the UK is below 1, and  has been stated by government in the past week to lie between 0.6 and 0.9.....however, we will officially become the 'sick man of europe' early in the coming week as without doubt we overtake Italy in death numbers to take the unenviable No.1 spot in Europe!

1 hour ago, d9704011 said:

ln Canada, it’s about 1.17 and decreasing.

Oops... my mistake.  It’s currently more like 1.03.  Although I don’t have the granularity on this, I expect that number is being driven mainly by Quebec and Ontario with the rest of the provinces being below 1.0

Edited by d9704011

I am not sure that I believe all of the comparison figures because all Govts seem to be citing different figures.  I don’t even believe the testing results because we have had testing at work and colleagues who are believably certain that they had the virus (at the time) have come out negative.   A couple of positives said ‘really?’  I have tested negative twice and know that I have not had it.  

However it is good that infection rates are seen to be decreasing.  What has to happen now is for us to watch for the second wave.  It has to come.  Until we have seen what happens - and probably got a vaccination I cannot see me getting on a ship again.  

Saying that, when I got notification that I was going to be refunded for my P and O cruise to Norway, I was on to Google looking at all the options for cruises to Norway next year 🤦‍♀️.        I will be back.  

2 hours ago, ollienbertsmum said:

I don’t even believe the testing results because we have had testing at work and colleagues who are believably certain that they had the virus (at the time) have come out negative

There is a big difference between feeling bad and having the Covid-19 virus. Not every cold or flu someone has is automatically covid-19. Thats what these tests are for.

13 hours ago, CruiseMH said:

There is a big difference between feeling bad and having the Covid-19 virus. Not every cold or flu someone has is automatically covid-19. Thats what these tests are for.

That is what I would have said a few weeks ago but now I am not so sure.    I am not talking about ‘man flu’.  One of the times I was tested a nurse told me about a 30% false negative rate.  If you are not tested early enough it may well miss you.   Not that I think I had Covid-19, I had a throat infection but as a healthworker I had to be tested.   

I don’t know, this is such new science.   We have to test because we need to seek out the virus but I don’t trust the results that are published in terms of comparing countries.  

Edited by ollienbertsmum

On 5/1/2020 at 6:33 PM, hamrag said:

Are you sure about that, last I heard it was disinfectant by injection?

No that is FALSE, these rumors  may kill people.  This LIe was spread intentionally to cause harm, the lie was based on poor wording that was taking out of context, a less than 10 second thought that unfortunately  was verbalized.  Do not inject disinfectant - IT WILL KILL YOU.

Edited by Newleno
  • Like 3

On 5/1/2020 at 6:06 PM, vpearlkc said:

Get up to speed even the president has quit talking about hydroxychloroquine, Remdesivir is the new great hope.

Remdesivir offers little, but little is better than nothing, it is a start.  It is not the new hope, it is has very limited efficacy. 

Zinc is needed for the Plaqueneil to work. Zinc is the key.  It also helps to begin treatment before you are vented and proned.

Zpack is for secondary bacterial PNA infection.

Again, I'll cruise today if able.

My wife told me today that she want to go cruising so bad that no virus will stop her. I also think that if you are young (under 40) you shouldnt be worry too much about it. The only thing I worry about is my kids. I wouldnt take my kids with me. If I risk my life, let it be solely my life and not of my kids 

• Like 2