Jump to content
Cruise Critic Community
tauep24

Is sailing on the Horizon May 2021 to soon

Recommended Posts

Posted (edited)

All sorts of stuff can happen between now and then....or nothing bad may happen at all.  If the OP can afford to either change the sail date or lose the deposit if bad stuff happens, then okay.

 

I booked a cruises for Nov and Dec - Nov is a $198 deposit on Carnival Magic and we'll see how things are when final payment is due. either I pay in full, try to transfer to another date, or just lose the deposit.

 

The Dec cruise is a free balcony cabin on Celebrity Edge, just taxes and port charges.  If it looks dicey, I can shift the same rate and cabin in Dec 2021, so not much to lose there.

 

Hopefully the best stuff will happen, but I can easily handle the worst as well.  More will be revealed.  No one can definitively answer the OP's question.

 

 

Edited by evandbob

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
51 minutes ago, evandbob said:

 

The Dec cruise is a free balcony cabin on Celebrity Edge, just taxes and port charges.  If it looks dicey, I can shift the same rate and cabin in Dec 2021, so not much to lose 

There are certain categories of purchase that cannot be part of the lift and shift.  Hopefully this will not come to fruition and you'll enjoy your cruise.  We did in January and enjoyed it so much we booked on board for Jan of 22 on the Apex.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
On 5/21/2020 at 10:42 PM, siestakeys04 said:

I hope they are sailing by then i would love to be on a ship by July 2021

Once there is a COVID-19 reliable vaccine ,which i think there will before the years end, things will be back to normal.  

Edited by shipbound2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/31/2020 at 2:57 PM, PhillyFan33579 said:


Could you please provide a link or reference to who promised a vaccine this year?

 

https://www.hhs.gov/about/news/2020/05/21/trump-administration-accelerates-astrazeneca-covid-19-vaccine-to-be-available-beginning-in-october.html

 

The president and a few pharmaceutical companies have made the promise.  Seems like AstraZeneca is in the forefront.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, athlonnx said:

 

https://www.hhs.gov/about/news/2020/05/21/trump-administration-accelerates-astrazeneca-covid-19-vaccine-to-be-available-beginning-in-october.html

 

The president and a few pharmaceutical companies have made the promise.  Seems like AstraZeneca is in the forefront.

Well, that was an eye opener. I've not heard of this. Thanks for posting althonnx. 👍

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, shipbound2 said:

Once there is a COVID-19 reliable vaccine ,which i think there will before the years end, things will be back to normal.  


Even if a vaccine is developed this year as posted/linked in this thread, that doesn’t necessarily mean things will be back to normal. A lot will depend on the effectiveness of a vaccine.  For example, a flu vaccine is available every year, but getting the vaccine does not mean you will not get the flu.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, PhillyFan33579 said:


Even if a vaccine is developed this year as posted/linked in this thread, that doesn’t necessarily mean things will be back to normal. A lot will depend on the effectiveness of a vaccine.  For example, a flu vaccine is available every year, but getting the vaccine does not mean you will not get the flu.

yes, that is true you can get the flu even if you were inoculated but it does offer protection especially to the people that have health issues in the first place and this is true during the regular flu season .This would probably be true for COVID-19 virus a vaccine would provide protection especially for the people that had health issues. I 've got a flu shot all my life and I've never was sick with the flu. The biggest problem with cruise ship is that people go on the ship when they're sick  in the first place. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/24/2020 at 12:49 PM, teknoge3k said:

Definitely not too soon. I would think there will be cruises later this year. We're sailing May 29th '21 on the Horizon. 

 

Finally under 1 year til we sail.  Trying to figure out shore excursions.  Better to book now or wait til i board?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/22/2020 at 7:54 AM, Joebucks said:

I'll be on the Horizon in October. I'll let you know!

Thank you Joebucks.  What are your ports?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/22/2020 at 10:20 AM, tybrkr17 said:

 

I will be *hopefully* on the Horzion in August. Probably not going to happen (I have had three cruises cancelled so far this year) but I will let you all know as well. 🤞

tybrkr17, if you happen to sail in August will post post any reviews of the changes that are being made?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, tauep24 said:

tybrkr17, if you happen to sail in August will post post any reviews of the changes that are being made?

 You bet! I am suppose to go on August 22nd 🙂

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, tauep24 said:

Finally under 1 year til we sail.  Trying to figure out shore excursions.  Better to book now or wait til i board?

Go on the ports of call section on CC and research each of your ports.   There could be private excursions that are recommended on there or on TripAdvisor that could either save you money or be smaller in size making it a better excursion.  The only time you should wait to reserve it on board is if you have OBC to burn. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Forum Jump
    • Categories
      • Forum Assistance
      • SPECIAL EVENT: Q&A with the Quark Expeditions Team!
      • New Cruisers
      • Cruise Lines “A – O”
      • Cruise Lines “P – Z”
      • River Cruising
      • ROLL CALLS
      • Digital Photography & Cruise Technology
      • Member Cruise Reviews
      • Special Interest Cruising
      • Cruise Discussion Topics
      • UK Cruising
      • Australia & New Zealand Cruisers
      • North American Homeports
      • Ports of Call
      • Cruise Conversations
×
×
  • Create New...