Royal files trademark application for "EMUSTER"

We were on a Celebrity cruise right after the Costa disaster. We met in the photo studio and watched a video. No one paid attention. We were actually in a small closet and could not see the screen. Too much talking and couldn't hear.

Another time on Celebrity we were in the dining room. Tables were set for dinner service. People played with the table settings.

I know it's mandatory and we've been through it so many times, but I really do pay attention.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, sandebeach said:

Interesting. Or perhaps they would have a scanner and you would first watch the video in your room, get a code or something, and then walk to the muster station location, scan in with your code and you are done with your drill. 

The whole idea is to keep people away from grouping together.  My guess is we do it from our TV in our cabin, then do the code thing, or they record the cabin number that watched it.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Bailey & Sophie said:

I know it's mandatory and we've been through it so many times, but I really do pay attention.

I think some once said that a high percentage of people who survive plane crashes/evacuations etc are the ones who regularly watch the safety videos/demonstrations etc! I guess the rest are the ones still trying to get their bags and put on their coats as the aircraft burns away!

1 hour ago, pcur said:

The whole idea is to keep people away from grouping together.  My guess is we do it from our TV in our cabin, then do the code thing, or they record the cabin number that watched it.

I guess the only 'spanner in the works' for this idea (of which I thought would/could happen myself) is whether maritime law over rules a way of allowing cruise lines to resume their business!

In that I mean 'if' the ship has to wait for everyone to sign in, watch the video and then input a code to say they've watched it and the end ...

then imagine this scenario - 

we've all witnessed people pitching up at muster drill 5/10/15 mins late? Well these are the people that won't have watched the video as they'll have gone to the bar/pool/Windjammer the moment they stepped foot on the ship! ... They certainly won't be able to confine/lock people in their cabins for safety reasons so it would create a nightmare as the call goes out ...  

" Can the residents of cabin 1234 please return to their cabin to carry out the Edrill because the captain is waiting to leave port!" 

It'll funny only once .. then the novelty will wear off!  ha ha ha

2 hours ago, maaaaattt said:

Thanks for saying this, tascoa. I’ve been watching a very select few ruin these boards for years with their holier than though attitudes. It’s such a shame that you can’t make a harmless mistake without someone clamoring to be the first to jump down your throat. My guess is real life just isn’t fulfilling enough for some. 

Glad others notice what I notice. 

100% correct statement.

And we all know who they are. 

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Milwaukee Eight said:

Our cruises on Oasis Class seem to be mustered at the Bionic Bar 

On the Promenade we've done it at Promenade Cafe, Guest Services, Rising Tide, Champagne Bar, and NextCruise. 

Never done Boleros or Sorrentos

• Like 2

1 minute ago, John&LaLa said:

On the Promenade we've done it at Promenade Cafe, Guest Services, Rising Tide, Champagne Bar, and NextCruise. 

Never done Boleros or Sorrentos

I guess our Deck 8 Starboard GS’s muster at the Bionic Bar. That’s the cabin and location we like best. 

9 hours ago, John&LaLa said:

But that was a muster station, some Royal ships do it there as well. Freedom for instance.

In addition to dining room, theatre, ice rink, etc. on Oasis ships and except for the ice rink on Quantum classes.

How about after watching the video in room, there's a small printer that prints a coupon for a free drink.  I'll bet they'll get good compliance.😁

• Haha 2

Sign in and Watch it on your phone, when video is done you must click on who from your cabin is present, then scan a code at the muster station. 

no phone or pad you must attend an in person drill and verify your station.

1 minute ago, later said:

Sign in and Watch it on your phone, when video is done you must click on who from your cabin is present, then scan a code at the muster station. 

Of course for that to happen, RCI needs to re-hire the IT contract staff it just fired.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, John&LaLa said:

What's wrong with the map🤔

20191102_083344.thumb.jpg.cd50705b469915d2ebd4f6496f4f9f57.jpg

The more pressing question is why did you take a picture of this ? Too many cruises and running out of original material?😜😜😜😜.

• Haha 1

37 minutes ago, mac_tlc said:

The more pressing question is why did you take a picture of this ? Too many cruises and running out of original material?😜😜😜😜.

I try and take one if I do a review. 

This was Symphony Birthday cruise

• Like 1

Ever since the time we were crowded into the photo gallery due to rain and not being able to use the aqua theater I have mentioned a stateroom video on every survey I get!!  No one was listening and even if they were you could not understand a word over the loudspeaker.  I believe they showed the video but we did not have any screens near us (why they couldn’t put it on the photo gallery screens was my first thought at the time)

Last year we cruised Oceania for the first time.  I was shocked and elated when I found out there was no muster drill!!!  We simply watched a video on our stateroom tv.  The tv was set up to where you had to watch the video before you could access any other functions of the tv.  It was awesome!!!  Would love it if RC would do something similar.  Honestly I think people would get more out of it if at least one family member paid attention and knew what to do in an emergency!

• Like 1

As part of the online check-in process you need to watch a safety video and you can only confirm you watched it after you played the full lenght of it on your device. This can be any time between 7 days before the cruise until 24 hours into your cruise. As a 2nd step you need to confirm either electronically on your Stateroom TV, through the App or by scanning your Seapass card at a scanner located at your actual Muster Station within 24 hours upon boarding that you made yourself aware of the evacuation plan and have actually located your Muster Station. If you did not comply with it,  the Seapass Card will for instance  automatically be blocked from accessing your stateroom, dismbarking the ship and onboard purchases for all members of the same stateroom.

At the end if there will be no Drill a way will need to be found under SOLAS requirements that the cruiseline can make sure that all passengers are aware of the evacuation procedures. The current handling of the Drills are at the end of the day pointless as no one really pays attention. Hence if everyone finds on their own their Muster Station this can be more effective, however the cruiseline needs to ensure that each passenger has actually located their stations.

2 minutes ago, LXA350 said:

As part of the online check-in process you need to watch a safety video and you can only confirm you watched it after you played the full lenght of it on your device. This can be any time between 7 days before the cruise until 24 hours into your cruise. As a 2nd step you need to confirm either electronically on your Stateroom TV, through the App or by scanning your Seapass card at a scanner located at your actual Muster Station within 24 hours upon boarding that you made yourself aware of the evacuation plan and have actually located your Muster Station. If you did not comply with it,  the Seapass Card will for instance  automatically be blocked from accessing your stateroom, dismbarking the ship and onboard purchases for all members of the same stateroom.

At the end if there will be no Drill a way will need to be found under SOLAS requirements that the cruiseline can make sure that all passengers are aware of the evacuation procedures. The current handling of the Drills are at the end of the day pointless as no one really pays attention. Hence if everyone finds on their own their Muster Station this can be more effective, however the cruiseline needs to ensure that each passenger has actually located their stations.

Maybe they could put a card reader at the muster station and your card wouldn't work until you swiped it there 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, LXA350 said:

scanning your Seapass card at a scanner located at your actual Muster Station within 24 hours upon boarding that you made yourself aware of the evacuation plan and have actually located your Muster Station. If you did not comply with it,  the Seapass Card will for instance  automatically be blocked from accessing your stateroom, dismbarking the ship and onboard purchases for all members of the same stateroom.

Ships used to do muster AT or AFTER Sailaway; but on US port departures I think it is now required they be done before ship leaves the port. 

2 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

Maybe they could put a card reader at the muster station and your card wouldn't work until you swiped it there 

If it's to be done upon boarding, the map you have on your Staeroom door needs to be provided in the Setsail Pass for instance.

Just now, LMaxwell said:

Ships used to do muster AT or AFTER Sailaway; but on US port departures I think it is now required they be done before ship leaves the port. 

At least in the last 10 years + RCL never applied this practice, it's done I think by european cruise lines such as MSC and Costa that offer multiple embarkation points on it's european cruises.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

Maybe have a grace period of several hours so people don't stampede to their muster station upon boarding.

That way I could buy a drink along the way. 😉

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, HBE4 said:

Maybe have a grace period of several hours so people don't stampede to their muster station upon boarding.

That way I could buy a drink along the way. 😉

I just remembered, you don't get your sea pass at boarding anymore. 

Edited by John&LaLa
  • Haha 1