"White" Nights or other party nights

NonnaTLC

21 minutes ago, NonnaTLC said:

We've read about specific party nights, some are white nights, others '80s nights, etc.  How do we plan for them?  How do you know prior to cruising just what to bring?

TIA

Tricia

You are thinking on Azamara.  Holidays have themes ie. Halloween.  Might have a DJ playing 80s music, but to costuming.  Not announcement as not a big deal.

They don’t regularly have a White night or 80s or 70s party.  The activities aren’t 
published ahead of sailing.  If you are sailing on a ship that is supported by the app then a week or so  before sailing the daily activities may show up however, in our experience, it isn’t complete and has many placeholders. 

As@az_tchr said theme parties are not a big deal on X.

Edited by jelayne

I agree that they would be hard to plan for as there is very little advance notice of specialty theme parties.  I've seen the White Parties a couple times but normally has been named a Full Moon Party.   As you can guess they are usually on a full moon evening. 

I've also seen a Neptune Party for crossing the equator one for crossing the Date Line.    Occasionally they have also had a Pirate's Party on Caribbean.  I believe the Cruise Director is the one who plans these events.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, NonnaTLC said:

But, we want to...

After 30 cruises with =X= can't remember any time being notified in advance for, say, a 80s party.  And if you dress up, that's fine, but you will be virtually the only one there.  Just go and go with the flow.  It's not even close to being a big deal.

If you sail Azamara, however, the White Night is truly a big deal.

The White Nights on Azamara are wonderful.   It would be great if Celebrity would also offer this but because of the number of passengers there is no single outdoor space to contain everyone on board for dinner and the subsequent entertainment.   If you are ever on Azamara, all the passengers to wear white.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, NonnaTLC said:

We've read about specific party nights, some are white nights, others '80s nights, etc.  How do we plan for them?  How do you know prior to cruising just what to bring?

TIA

Tricia

On our last two cruises on Celebrity, they have had a Full Moon Party on the Pool Deck at 9:45 pm.  Cruisers are encouraged to wear white.  There is a DJ there and the Production Team makes an appearance.  You will see it advertised in the App as long as the cruise utilizes this planning tool.  We saw the schedule a week or two before our cruise.  We also had Motown Night,  Disco,  Beatles , etc.  These are determined by the Cruise Director and will vary by ship..  

• Like 2

8 hours ago, NMTraveller said:

So what is the dress code for silent disco night?  It seems like we should be able to do something for this night?  

I wish I had some bell bottoms left in my closet 🙂

Silent disco night is held a couple of times and there is no dress code for it.  The dress codes only apply to the restaurants on Celebrity ships, no where else on the ships except the theater but that hasn't been enforced in years.  

• Like 2

8 hours ago, NMTraveller said:

So what is the dress code for silent disco night?  It seems like we should be able to do something for this night?  

Wear something comfortable as it can get rather warm in the Disco environment.  On the Evening Chic nights, I usually wear a sports coat, white shirt and tie.  Then  I change into my John Travolta outfit.😀

image.jpeg

• Like 1

On EDGE, Jan 2019, we had a great White Night party on the pool deck..no food offered but awesome  dj, dancers etc . It was great fun. ( see photos)

Don't recall one in Nov 2019 on EDGE ..depends on the Cruise Director.  Best ever was in Greece...starry night...everyone including the Officers participated wearing white.

Just pack a white or light colored . top...

20190129_212019(0).jpg

20190129_212029.jpg

20190129_212422.jpg

• Like 1

9 hours ago, NMTraveller said:

Given all of the new cleaning concerns, I'll be surprised if you see a Silent Disco any time soon.

59 minutes ago, Georgia_Peaches said:

I usually bring a white dress just in case.  DH can look like he's dressed for the '80's without even meaning to.  I try to help him but...🤦‍♀️

LOLLLOLLOLLOLLOL!!!

11 hours ago, NMTraveller said:

I have them, but they definitely would not fit, lol...

DH and I were quite the disco king and queen back in the day...  I think I might still have some platform shoes though!  Proud to say those and my disco scarf are still fit!

18 hours ago, 39august said:

Very few people actually dress the part for these. I wouldn't be concerned about it. 

18 hours ago, Jim_Iain said:

I agree that they would be hard to plan for as there is very little advance notice of specialty theme parties.  I've seen the White Parties a couple times but normally has been named a Full Moon Party.   As you can guess they are usually on a full moon evening. 

I've also seen a Neptune Party for crossing the equator one for crossing the Date Line.    Occasionally they have also had a Pirate's Party on Caribbean.  I believe the Cruise Director is the one who plans these events.

That is one thing I like much better about Disney. When there is a theme night (Pirate, Marvel, Star Wars, Pixar, Frozen) it is on the schedule from the time you start planning your cruise so everyone knows about them and can plan.

I personally find it very exclusionary for cruises to have theme nights that are NOT publicized ahead of time as it makes anyone not "in the know" stand out awkwardly. Kinda stinks to get your daily newsletter and see "White Party" or whatever and see those who have apparently been on before all dressed accordingly while those who aren't in the cool kids' club don't have the appropriate clothing. It's one thing to know about it and choose not to participate, but it's another to not know and therefore not have the chance.

4 hours ago, hcat said:

On EDGE, Jan 2019, we had a great White Night party on the pool deck..no food offered but awesome  dj, dancers etc . It was great fun. ( see photos)

Nice photos, but an amazing lack of white clothing. @39august was correct about few people actually dressing the part.

Well, I ALWAYS have at least one white tee and white capris on every cruise, so I'm probably good for that.  I'll just throw in some love beads, headbands, tie die, lace gloves, disco scarves and figure I can get away with kind of looking the part.  

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Fouremco said:

Nice photos, but an amazing lack of white clothing. @39august was correct about few people actually dressing the part.

Yes...not everyone dresses the part but fun anyhow.  White is usually easy to do..

I remember one White Night Party on the  Century  which was held inside due to bad weather.  They  started it early,  included the kiddos.. had face painting, balloons and great desserts.  Aftet the kiddos went home, the party continued late night...great  time!  Again.. it's up to the CD and not pre announced

Contrast to Cunard where they gave  us a pre cruise list of events and suggested attire..it was helpful but a bit rigid!

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, hcat said:

Yes...not everyone dresses the part but fun anyhow.  White is usually easy to do..

I remember one White Night Party on the  Century  which was held inside due to bad weather.  They  started it early,  included the kiddos.. had face painting, balloons and great desserts.  Aftet the kiddos went home, the party continued late night...great  time!  Again.. it's up to the CD and not pre announced

Contrast to Cunard where they gave  us a pre cruise list of events and suggested attire..it was helpful but a bit rigid!

Yes, I everyone seems to be having a good time. 👍

• Like 1