Cruise Critic Community
nicoleinwi

For those of you that actually booked another sailing use FCC & 20% off....

I was reading through the forums and can't find a clear answer on the 20% off.  It sounds like speculation from most so I'm trying to find an answer from someone that actually booked using the 20% off promo from a canceled sailing.  We should be getting our FCC posted to our account by May 1st so I'm trying to figure out what sort of room we're wanting so we'll be ready to cook.  Some things I've read is when you are logged in the 20% is automatically applied.  Others I read say it's just off the cheapest fare for the type of room. 

This is what I'm looking at; Bliss balcony (code BF) May 22, 2021 is $1999 when I mock book it (just the cruise fare pp not including any taxes/fees).  This is the same rate that I am getting mock booking regardless if I'm signed in or not.  So is is 20% off that to bring that rate down to $1499.25?

Also, when we have the ability to do the booking with 20% off and FCC; will everything be pretty self explanatory when I login?  Or is it going to be hard to figure out where these codes are?

Thank you in advance!  

Posted (edited)

What we did was find the cruise we wanted to ReBook, and put the deposit down to hold our stateroom. (Wanted a special location). In the meantime, after our cancellation we waited until the Furture Cruise Credit showed up on our Individual Latitudes Account. Then we called back to apply the FCC to our New Reservation, and at That time the discount was applied, and any other discount that were available. I have to say, it was pretty easy. Beat of luck!

Edited by RenieRaider

Once the FCC is in your account, you will see the 20% off price reflected for each of the categories (not just the lowest category). I have FCC. When I look at the BF category for the cruise you list it shows as $1599 per person.

I booked over the phone so I could ask questions. I got lucky and got a knowledgeable, patient rep. When I booked, NCL was running a 30% off promo. First, the 20% discount was taken off of the regular/rack rate cruise fare. Next the 30% off was applied. Then the port charges and Free at Sea service change were added, and finally our FCC was applied. We were booked on the Epic April 4-11, 2020 in a mini suite. We booked the same category (now with a *new, improved* name, LOL) on Encore for the same week next year. We did not put any additional cash down and will owe about $500 at final payment time (if the cruise sails). That’s offset by a $280 OBC, so the net cost is only about $300 more. I understand that cruise prices may go way down, but I’m fine with the way things currently stand. If prices do drop dramatically, we’ll upgrade to the Haven. 

Yes, once the FCC is in your account, the 20% is automatically applied. You have to do a mock booking to see the difference. The FCC, and the amount, will be available as a payment type in your account when you go to make a payment. The 100% will be listed separate from the 25% bonus FCC. I was able to use portions of the 100% FCC as deposits but not the bonus FCC.

On the NCL site i found out that the 20% only applied to me, not to passenger #2 and I didnt find any way to activate the 20% extra for them. To book I had to contact my ncl guy directly and he was able to do it for me.

14 hours ago, Comi.uy said:

On the NCL site i found out that the 20% only applied to me, not to passenger #2 and I didnt find any way to activate the 20% extra for them. To book I had to contact my ncl guy directly and he was able to do it for me.

The 20% discount would have activated when you put in the information for guest # 2.  NCL has no idea who the 2nd guest is until you put in their latitudes number.

I booked mine when there was the 30% sale for anyone, but then I had my 125% FCC and the added 20%.  I booked through my agent, and this is how it worked.  First take the cruise fare only, then deduct 25% of the FCC, subtotal, and then deduct the (in my case) 30% and the 20% discounts, subtotal, then add the fees and taxes (including the free at see gratuities, assuming you have that promo), then deduct the rest of the FCC (the 100% portion), and that is the total.

It worked out very well for us, because the new promo came with $280 cabin credit.  We booked the exact same cruise, the exact week (but in 2021 obviously), out of same port (NOLA), with same cabin (spa mini-suite, now called "club").  It is the Breakaway instead of Getaway (sister ships), which is the only difference. Not only did we get the additional cabin credit, but we had several hundred dollars FCC left over.  I prepaid all gratuities, and purchased the unlimited streaming internet, and still have almost $200 left.

2 hours ago, vince_g said:

The 20% discount would have activated when you put in the information for guest # 2.  NCL has no idea who the 2nd guest is until you put in their latitudes number.

Never saw any fields where you could put a latitude number, you sure about that?

Can you login under your partner's login name? Each person has their own Lat. number so you may have to login separately in this instance.

Good luck. 

2 hours ago, brovol said:

It worked out very well for us, because the new promo came with $280 cabin credit.  We booked the exact same cruise, the exact week (but in 2021 obviously), out of same port (NOLA), with same cabin (spa mini-suite, now called "club").  It is the Breakaway instead of Getaway (sister ships), which is the only difference. Not only did we get the additional cabin credit, but we had several hundred dollars FCC left over.  I prepaid all gratuities, and purchased the unlimited streaming internet, and still have almost $200 left.

Hey there!

I had heard you couldn't use the FCC for Free at Sea gratuities or the prepaid Daily Service Charge.  Are you saying you were able to do so?  If so that's great, because when mock booking a cruise we want to go on (we don't have the FCC yet, but should get it Friday), I calculate we'll have about $1200 of FCC left after booking the cruise.  If we can use it to pay the ppd DSC and the FaS gratuities, that would be great!

We'll try to book this weekend, and give you our experience...

--Michael

15 minutes ago, numberguy said:

Hey there!

I had heard you couldn't use the FCC for Free at Sea gratuities or the prepaid Daily Service Charge.  Are you saying you were able to do so?  If so that's great, because when mock booking a cruise we want to go on (we don't have the FCC yet, but should get it Friday), I calculate we'll have about $1200 of FCC left after booking the cruise.  If we can use it to pay the ppd DSC and the FaS gratuities, that would be great!

--Michael

We were able to use our FCC for FAS gratuities and DSC (and, obviously, base fare and taxes/fees).  However, we were not able to use it to pay for an additional Dining Package (we have 3 people in a cabin for one of the cruises we booked with FCC).  I've heard mixed reports about being able to use FCC to pay for excursions, but do not have any personal experience with that, as our cruises are too far out (January and April 2021) to book excursions.

27 minutes ago, numberguy said:

Hey there!

--Michael

Yes, the free at sea gratuities were paid with the 100% portion of the 125% FCC (after the 25% part of the FCC was fist applied to the cruise fare only, subtotaled, then the 30%, and 20% discounts applied).  The 100% part of the FCC is applied towards everything that is left, including the FaS gratuities, taxes, port charges, and anything else.  There was FCC $ left over after the cruise was fully paid for.  After my new cruise posted on my online account, I saw the FCC balance immediately (literally minutes after getting off the phone with my TA).  On my own I tried to purchase the prepaid (regular) gratuities, and the unlimited streaming internet out of the leftover FCC, but had some issues, so I called the NCL #, and got right through, where the lady took care of things in seconds.  

My understanding is that you can use the FCC to purchase anything which can be normally paid for before the cruise.     

2 hours ago, kaprin02 said:

We were able to use our FCC for FAS gratuities and DSC (and, obviously, base fare and taxes/fees).  However, we were not able to use it to pay for an additional Dining Package (we have 3 people in a cabin for one of the cruises we booked with FCC).  I've heard mixed reports about being able to use FCC to pay for excursions, but do not have any personal experience with that, as our cruises are too far out (January and April 2021) to book excursions.

Then let me ask you another question:  I had heard the DSC and the FAS gratuities on the CANCELLED cruise were returned in cash.  But I'm wondering if they were included in the FCC calculation.  Any info on that?

--Michael

9 minutes ago, numberguy said:

Then let me ask you another question:  I had heard the DSC and the FAS gratuities on the CANCELLED cruise were returned in cash.  But I'm wondering if they were included in the FCC calculation.  Any info on that?

--Michael

Both were included in *our* FCC (I'm not sure if that's true for everyone).  We had our base fare, taxes/fees, FAS grats, and prepaid DSC included in our FCC.  We had not paid any other add-ons (we had booked excursions, but not paid, due to the excursion credit).  Everything we had paid was returned as an FCC, in addition to a separate 25% "bonus" FCC.

When we booked cruises with our FCC we received the 30% off as well as the 20% off, then had the 25% "bonus" FCC applied (we were told that the 25% "bonus" FCC needs to be used all at one time - it can't be split up), then taxes/fees, FAS grats, and DSC were added, then we had a CruiseNext cert applied, then had the remaining balance paid by the 100% FCC, with some FCC left over (which we applied to a second cruise).  I hope that all makes sense - if you have other questions, feel free to ask!

Thank you so much!  Now I'll have to recalculate what our FCC will be and see if it can get us a bigger cabin!

--Michael

Everyone,

We were notified that our FCC were on our accounts as of May 1, and they're just as described above:

100% FCC on our cruise fare, govt taxes and fees, our prepaid gratuities, and our drink package gratuities, plus a 25% additional FCC on those items.  We had bought the standard protection plan through Norwegian, and we'll be getting an FCC separately for that (not sure if it's 100% or 125%)

There were only two things we didn't get back:  There was a $150 OBC given by NCL because they had to change our itinerary slightly and reduce the number of hours in a lot of the ports, but since this cruise isn't happening, that's no longer an issue, so we don't get to take advantage of that.

The only other thing I need to follow up with them on is that I received a $50 Norwegian gift card from one of my brothers and I purchased OBC with it, but I don't have the gift card anymore for them to refund it to.  I'll see how I get that OBC back.

Our original cruise was the 14-day Above the Arctic Circle (Norway) cruise; we're planning to substitute it with a 12-day New Zealand cruise in February 2021.  With the 20% discount if we book it before May 15, we'll have ~$1,500 left over in FCC, which I think we'll use for excursions.  It will allow us to go to Hobbiton and several other excursions!

--Michael

On 4/28/2020 at 8:18 AM, brovol said:

I booked mine when there was the 30% sale for anyone, but then I had my 125% FCC and the added 20%.  I booked through my agent, and this is how it worked.  First take the cruise fare only, then deduct 25% of the FCC, subtotal, and then deduct the (in my case) 30% and the 20% discounts, subtotal, then add the fees and taxes (including the free at see gratuities, assuming you have that promo), then deduct the rest of the FCC (the 100% portion), and that is the total.

Wow!  It's a good thing I am an accountant so I can follow that LOL!  Thanks for the details.   I work with a long- time trusted travel agent for booking, but I do my own preliminary research and this is good to know in advance.   

I called today about the $50 Norwegian gift card that I applied to purchasing OBC.  I'll need to contact a certain e-mail address to see how I get that money back.

Since I had her on the phone, I also asked her about our CruiseNext deposits, and when they would be available to us to use as deposits on the cruise we want to take.  We want to book before May 15 to take advantage of the 20% reduction on a future cruise.  She said it could take up to 90 days to get the CND back onto our account.  I was a little taken aback by that, but I also asked it we could book the cruise and use FCC for the deposit and then, when they show up in our account, call back and use them on the cruise.  After talking to a supervisor, she said we could do that, but to make sure not to pay in full so we can use the CNDs.  So we're going to book the cruise using our 25% FCCs, then the CNDs, then use our 100% FCC to pay the rest of the cruise and the excursions we want.

--Michael

anyone canceled on twice and not seeing all the fcc?  i know its split in half between pax but we are missing the fcc from the first canceled cruise and only seeing the difference we paid for the second cancelled cruise?

My PCC kept calling me.  I finally answered and I'm so glad I did. I got my FCC plus my 20% and the cruise had a 30% off deal with second Cruiser free.  We booked Alaska next June for almost $1,000 less than what we paid for our Spring break cruise on the encore.  That price included all the gratuities and insurance. It made missing our Spring break cruise 100% worth it!  $1000 for excursions!!

Hold on, you got Buy One Get One Free, and for your rate for that one cruiser, you got 20% off and then 30% off?  That is crazy, best I have seen is the non-US Buy One Get One Half Off deal (but didn't allow any free at sea extras).

Our Bliss sailing 5/24 was obviously cancelled and we automatically received our FCC April 30th along with our bonus 25%. The 20% off discount was tied to our latitudes number so when we rebooked and entered our guest names and latitudes numbers the 20% off was automatically applied, in addition to that I called CAS and was able to stack my Diamond players card 20% off discount on top of NCL's 20% off rebooking discount, that allowed us to upgrade our former mini suite (now club suite) into The Haven! Now starts the long wait yet again

We booked our cruise using our FCC. After cruise, tax, port charges, and specialty dining service charge, we had $2400 left. I was able to use it for prepaid gratuities and shore excursions but the rep said I couldn't use it for the soda package and then sent me this info.

20200505_214232.jpg