Cancelled cruise

demented

I assume that you paid the balance of your cruise costs to your agent for them to pass on to P&O but P&O cancelled your cruise before they did so. Your agent should return the money they are holding on your behalf in full and deal with P&O in respect of your deposit.

10 minutes ago, jeanlyon said:

I;m not sure I understand the question.  You paid the final balance to the Travel Agent but they didn't pay P&O?  Is that correct.  when is the cruise?

We paid full amount in March when balance was due to agent they were due to pay po today and po cancelled our July cruise last week po told us we would get 125%fcc but because agents haven't paid them we can only get the 25%on the deposits   we paid we found this out as we were rebooking for next year 20 people disappointed 

1 hour ago, demented said:

We paid full amount in March when balance was due to agent they were due to pay po today and po cancelled our July cruise last week po told us we would get 125%fcc but because agents haven't paid them we can only get the 25%on the deposits   we paid we found this out as we were rebooking for next year 20 people disappointed 

Given the fact that current cruise prices are higher than at launch and we have no idea when cruises will recommence, the ‘benefit’ of taking FCC is highly questionable. Your situation shows one of the disadvantages of using a third party. Part of the reason that Travel Agents are able to provide discounts is that they ask for balances some time before P&O actually requires it, so as your balance hadn’t reached P&O it wouldn’t be reasonable, IMO, to expect P&O to give you an extra 25% on money that they never received. I would think that your best bet is to express your disappointment to the travel agent and hope that they might give you some additional discount on your next booking, by way of a goodwill gesture. 

• Like 1