Fake Bookings to Check Future Cruise Credits

kebrown

Today I was told by a Celebrity agent that if you have a Future Cruise Credit and you are not sure if you can use it on a particular cruise, you can do a fake booking on Celebrity's website, put in the future cruise credit number on the page where you enter your name and the system will let you know if it is accepted.  Has anyone tried to do a fake booking to see if their future cruise credit could be used on any cruises they were interested in taking?  

12 hours ago, CHEZMARYLOU said:

We had ours applied to a future booking via a phone call. I was surprised it was accepted because the existing cruise was beyond the sail by date on the certificate. I figure celebrity is just glad we have 2 future bookings.

This is the reason why I started this topic.  I was told that Celebrity is issuing FCC with various expiration dates.  I am interested in finding out if these future cruise credits can be used on cruises that are past the expiration date on the certificate.  I guess in your case it worked.

9 minutes ago, kebrown said:

This is the reason why I started this topic.  I was told that Celebrity is issuing FCC with various expiration dates.  I am interested in finding out if these future cruise credits can be used on cruises that are past the expiration date on the certificate.  I guess in your case it worked.

Yes, we cancelled a December cruise in March because I was concerned about the large sum of $ I had paid on it. The FCC for the NRD stated we had to sail by March 2021. We used it on our August 2021 Alaska cruise. We did rebook the December cruise but only have a deposit on it.  All of the money we had originally paid was refunded last week.