Cruise Critic Community
dolittle

Are you watching any cruise\travel shows.

On 5/1/2020 at 2:18 PM, jocap said:

Look for Great Canal Journeys, where actors Tim West and Prunella Scales, who've always owned a narrow boat, go on canal journeys not just in the UK, but France, India...there's at least 6 series.

Thanks.  I looked high and low and just can't find it. 🙁 

I did watch some episodes from one called "cruising the cut" which I enjoyed.  We received permission from the Doc's to visit our new grandchild down in LA.  Had a lot of "couch" time over a long weekend at our daughter's house to watch TV.  

17 minutes ago, ldubs said:

Thanks.  I looked high and low and just can't find it. 🙁 

I did watch some episodes from one called "cruising the cut" which I enjoyed.  We received permission from the Doc's to visit our new grandchild down in LA.  Had a lot of "couch" time over a long weekend at our daughter's house to watch TV.  

Congratulations on the birth of your grandchild.

Just now, lenquixote66 said:

Congratulations on the birth of your grandchild.

Thanks Mr 66!  Healthy baby boy!  Originally the Doc's said to stay away for 2 weeks because our daughter might be exposed to CV while in Hospital.  Then on her Thursday check up they said it would be OK for us to come. So Friday morning we made the 6 hour drive.  Came home yesterday. 

You know, after being in lockdown since mid-March, even the long drive seemed like a vacation.  I can't wait for things to open up again.  I'm pretty sure I'm not the only one.  Haha

3 minutes ago, ldubs said:

Thanks Mr 66!  Healthy baby boy!  Originally the Doc's said to stay away for 2 weeks because our daughter might be exposed to CV while in Hospital.  Then on her Thursday check up they said it would be OK for us to come. So Friday morning we made the 6 hour drive.  Came home yesterday. 

You know, after being in lockdown since mid-March, even the long drive seemed like a vacation.  I can't wait for things to open up again.  I'm pretty sure I'm not the only one.  Haha

You are definitely not the only one .You want to be able to spend quality time with your grand son.A cousin of mine became a first time grandmother last May.Next week the family will be celebrating the first birthday via zoom.

14 minutes ago, lenquixote66 said:

You are definitely not the only one .You want to be able to spend quality time with your grand son.A cousin of mine became a first time grandmother last May.Next week the family will be celebrating the first birthday via zoom.

Zoom is pretty neat.  We have used it for our younger nieces B-days as well as a ceremony for our grandson.  

Just now, ldubs said:

Zoom is pretty neat.  We have used it for our younger nieces B-days as well as a ceremony for our grandson.  

Yes,I know it is but you cannot eat birthday cake on zoom with everyone else.

This coming Sunday we are doing a Mother’s Day zoom celebration with our daughters at 2 different locations and my wife and I.

Travel channel and Fine living. But makes me nostalgic and I sometimes I play music instead 🙂

We love to watch random videos on YouTube. Some are better than others. There is a LOT of great content out there though.

Rick Steves and others on PBS.

If anyone subscribes to the MHz channel (foreign television shows, mini-series, etc.), and loves Italy, there is a great series (with English subtitles) called "A Night in....."  with Alberto Angela, who I think is an art historian but also strongly focused on archaeology. So far I have watched "A Night in Florence" (part of which features Andrea Bocelli singing in the cathedral, as well as insights into the art in the Uffizi and Accademia), and "A Night in Pompeii" which does a terrific job of personalizing the history there.  I look forward to watching more -- I know there are several, including "A Night in Venice"...

I noticed there was a series called "Cruise Ship Killers" on cable network JN, whatever that is. I did not watch it.

Four seasons of Rick Steves are included with Amazon Prime.

I'm watching a German language series, "Verruckt nach Meer". The current series follows passengers and crew on an Indian Ocean cruise on the Artania, originally the Royal Princess. They showed a few episodes of a short cruise on Amera, the former Prinsendam. They were supposed to be filming on the Amera's recent South America circumnavigation, covid-19 might have affected those plans. https://www.daserste.de/information/reportage-dokumentation/verrueckt-nach-meer/index.html

All righty.  I'm not ashamed to admit it:  I've been watching all the marathons for Below Deck (featuring Cocoa Beach's own Jane Chastain), Below Deck Med and the new Below Deck Sailing Yacht.  The scenery is gorgeous.  

I'm also watching the Real Housewives marathons - always good when they show the women taking a vacation.

Wish I could find the "Jersey Shore" season when they do Italy - yes, it was real.  Now, THAT would make me feel like I was back on a cruise ship and on a excursion from the ship...  

Meanwhile, today, I'm watching friends post video of The Wedge going off (in Newport Beach) and some of them surfing with their outriggers inside the jetties (usually they get stopped by the NBPD)...  And getting depressed as it gets more and more certain my Andrea Bocelli concert at the Hollywood Bowl is going to be cancelled. 

On AWE: Lux Lifestyles; Top Travel;Travel in Style; Live Here, Buy This; Private Islands; Dream Cruises