Jump to content
Cruise Critic Community

Recommended Posts

1 minute ago, By The Bay said:

Harvard Medical School said that COVID-19 can "survive up to four hours on copper, up to 24 hours on cardboard". Australia Post is not that quick.😉

I think I'll sleep a little better now, knowing that.🙃

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, MMDown Under said:

Yes, I would holiday in NZ, once the Trans Tasman Bubble is formed.  

Me too, have fingers, toes and eyes crossed 😆

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, MMDown Under said:

I am a Queenslander, who appreciates our Premier making decisions, on advice from the Chief Health Officer, re reducing restrictions and opening up of our borders slowly.

 

Well said. Our Premier should be listening to her own medical advisors, not pot stirrers in Canberra and Sydney.

 

That said, things going well, I hope to visit either Cairns or Darwin before the end of winter. I don't ski, so a NZ winter holds no attractions.

Edited by SinbadThePorter

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
47 minutes ago, By The Bay said:

Harvard Medical School said that COVID-19 can "survive up to four hours on copper, up to 24 hours on cardboard". Australia Post is not that quick.😉

Today's Lesson - Don't touch any unwashed police.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, MicCanberra said:

Today's Lesson - Don't touch any unwashed police.

I'd also worry about those cardboard cut outs at the footy!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, banzaii said:

I'd also worry about those cardboard cut outs at the footy!

For just $22 you too can get COVID 19 without actually going to the footy.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, SinbadThePorter said:

 

Well said. Our Premier should be listening to her own medical advisors, not pot stirrers in Canberra and Sydney.

 

That said, things going well, I hope to visit either Cairns or Darwin before the end of winter. I don't ski, so a NZ winter holds no attractions.

Weatherwise, I can see myself visiting NT or NQ prior to NZ.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, MMDown Under said:

Weatherwise, I can see myself visiting NT or NQ prior to NZ.

I think anywhere is good to visit if you go at the right times.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, MicCanberra said:

I think anywhere is good to visit if you go at the right times.

Yes, but some places are better than others, like the tropics in winter and NZ in summer.  Unless you are a skier. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
43 minutes ago, MMDown Under said:

Yes, but some places are better than others, like the tropics in winter and NZ in summer.  Unless you are a skier. 

Not too comfortable doing it the other way around, Tropics in the summer and NZ in the winter.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Interesting, I do like the fact the article starts by saying OPINION in big letters. I wish more papers and media started their articles like this to show that what they write is either journalistic reporting which has timelines and states facts (for both sides of the story) on the topic and letting people decide for themselves which way they want to go or an editorial / opinion piece which tends to direct people to a line of thought.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
48 minutes ago, MicCanberra said:

Interesting, I do like the fact the article starts by saying OPINION in big letters. I wish more papers and media started their articles like this to show that what they write is either journalistic reporting which has timelines and states facts (for both sides of the story) on the topic and letting people decide for themselves which way they want to go or an editorial / opinion piece which tends to direct people to a line of thought.

Agree, that was a very informative opinion article.  Quite a contrast to the first on the Read More list of articles - "Coronavirus: Hopes to Get Trans Tasman Bubble flying by July".

stuff.co.nz

Edited by MMDown Under

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Kiwi Kruzer said:

The ANZLF reports that Kiwis made 1.4 million visits to Australia last year, while Australians made 1.5 million visits to New Zealand

Well I can't see how last year will give us any indication of what this year will look like.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I did hear that from the sad story of the 30 year old passing away in Qld that there was also a negative test. That was dismissed as being contaminated but if that's the case, then positive may also have been a false positive or likewise contaminated. The thing that makes me think it was not a true positive is the current fact that no one else has tested positive so far. And he did have significant comorbidities such as convulsions and was alone when he died. Anything may have happened and usually Covid breathing issues are detected long before subsequent passing. 
 

Our SA border is closed but the thing that currently is annoying is that the Vic statistics are always referred to as number of new cases each day, completely ignoring that approx half of these are from people in quarantine. The Australian criteria for the next stage, which is 10 new cases Australia wide, does not take such cases into account. 
 

We haven't had a true positive in weeks, over a month now (I'm going to wipe out that person from UK who arrived into SA as a positive having not completed 14 days iso in Vic) and the only other case was the guy who wasn't infectious and not symptomatic but had arrived from UK four weeks prior. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If we (ACT) eliminate all the cases that we feel are not really ours, (came from elsewhere) we haven't had any at all. How lucky is that.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

When the daily numbers are announce in Victoria, there is also usually reference to the source.

 

So they say if in quarantine or related to another identified outbreak. Interestingly, there have been about 5 quarantine hotel workers who have tested positive.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, MicCanberra said:

If we (ACT) eliminate all the cases that we feel are not really ours, (came from elsewhere)

That could be said for all of Australia. The virus came from overseas first.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
50 minutes ago, By The Bay said:

That could be said for all of Australia. The virus came from overseas first.

Yeah, exactly. Yet people are choosing which cases are valid or not, sometimes depending on where and when they got it and so forth.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, ilikeanswers said:

It seems Greece wants to bubble with Australia:

Greece opens Covid-safe 'travel bubble' to Australia

Will you look at the list of countries? One really stands out 🙄 Not a chance!!

Anyway, I thought an ‘air-bridge’ was to countries where you could fly direct?🤔 That’s def not Greece .....
 

The 29 countries from which Greece will accept visitors as of June 15 are: Albania, Australia, Austria, North Macedonia, Bulgaria, Germany, Denmark, Switzerland, Estonia, Japan, Israel, China, Croatia, Cyprus, Latvia, Lebanon, New Zealand, Lithuania, Malta, Montenegro, Norway, South Korea, Hungary, Romania, Serbia, Slovakia, Slovenia, Czech Republic and Finland.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You can see why our governments want to restrict travel.

All you need is one weak link in the chain and it breaks.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

How true!

 

Much prefer the look of a NZ/Aus bubble 

Edited by Porky55

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yeah, small steps first, then expand slowly and selectively (country record on Covid) rather than economic benefit.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites


There had also been an approach from Israel to have a travel bubble with Australia.

 

Govt has said current focus only with NZ.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Forum Jump
    • Categories
      • Forum Assistance
      • SPECIAL EVENT: Q&A with the Quark Expeditions Team!
      • New Cruisers
      • Cruise Lines “A – O”
      • Cruise Lines “P – Z”
      • River Cruising
      • ROLL CALLS
      • Digital Photography & Cruise Technology
      • Member Cruise Reviews
      • Special Interest Cruising
      • Cruise Discussion Topics
      • UK Cruising
      • Australia & New Zealand Cruisers
      • North American Homeports
      • Ports of Call
      • Cruise Conversations
×
×
  • Create New...