Heads up...RCCL cancelled my bookings while I was waiting for FCC

When I cancelled a cruise under RCCL’s cruise with confidence program, I asked that it be applied to a July booking. It was about March 21, because that’s when they came out with a policy that said you didn’t have to make a payment if you were waiting on FCC. I’ll put a screenshot of that policy below. So I check the booking every so often to see if there’s a sale on the cruise planner items. I checked a few days ago when people reported on CC that they were getting great prices on beverage package. Couldn’t pull up the booking. I waited because the website is awful but after two days asked TA to look into. Apparently they changed the policy and cancelled my reservation with no notice whatsoever. And yes, I realize the odds of this cruise sailing is minuscule, you can skip leaving that comment 😂. I’m posting this to give a heads up to anyone who is holding a booking without payment, while waiting on FCC, to keep a close eye on your booking. I think it’s only available to US customers anyway.

6E74994E-BCA0-465F-AB78-8356BCCACC05.jpeg

4 minutes ago, SarahD112 said:

When I cancelled a cruise under RCCL’s cruise with confidence program, I asked that it be applied to a July booking. It was about March 21, because that’s when they came out with a policy that said you didn’t have to make a payment if you were waiting on FCC. I’ll put a screenshot of that policy below. So I check the booking every so often to see if there’s a sale on the cruise planner items. I checked a few days ago when people reported on CC that they were getting great prices on beverage package. Couldn’t pull up the booking. I waited because the website is awful but after two days asked TA to look into. Apparently they changed the policy and cancelled my reservation with no notice whatsoever. And yes, I realize the odds of this cruise sailing is minuscule, you can skip leaving that comment 😂. I’m posting this to give a heads up to anyone who is holding a booking without payment, while waiting on FCC, to keep a close eye on your booking. I think it’s only available to US customers anyway.

If your TA had you booked into a group those bookings were not extended (Only applied to regular bookings) and reservations would expire after 30 days (normal courtesy hold time for groups)

While regular bookings were supposed to be extended automatically I was told to call back in 2-3 days to confirm that the change was processed. 

20 minutes ago, SarahD112 said:

The problem is that you were past final payment.   This policy specifically says that final payment deadlines remain unchanged (See the bullet labelled "Extension Criteria").

Not sure if the specifics, but after being on hold with resolutions, they agree they had told her it would be on hold until May 31. They’ve reinstated the bookings and the price, and will hold until May 7th by which time they swear the FCC will have processed. 

29 minutes ago, stevea36 said:

The problem is that you were past final payment.   This policy specifically says that final payment deadlines remain unchanged (See the bullet labelled "Extension Criteria").

Ah...I think we just hit 75 days. That must be it. Well here’s hoping one more week will allow them to process the credit from the cruise I cancelled 42 days ago because I am not handing over more money for a cruise that surely isn’t going! 😂

28 minutes ago, SarahD112 said:

I am not handing over more money for a cruise that surely isn’t going!

Why aren’t you just changing it to something that will go instead of putting yourself through this whole refund of taxes, FCC reissuing again?

4 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

Why aren’t you just changing it to something that will go instead of putting yourself through this whole refund of taxes, FCC reissuing again?

I was more hopeful when I booked it. It’s the only time we can go. We do have spring break booked next year, that will be our next opportunity.