Interrogatory Question: Please just answer “Yes” or “No” and your Cruise Date. Have you received your Option 2 refund ?

Yes .. Mar 8th Ruby Princess interrupted cruise..originally chose Option 2 ..25% refund and 25% FCC.  Two weeks ago Princess decided to give all passengers 100% refund...not all have received yet.

No...March 21..Ruby Princess to Fiji   No FCC either.  Brother did get FCC over a week ago but no cash refund. His request was made 10 days after mine?

• Like 1

8 hours ago, BRANDEE said:

Yes .. Mar 8th Ruby Princess interrupted cruise..originally chose Option 2 ..25% refund and 25% FCC.  Two weeks ago Princess decided to give all passengers 100% refund...not all have received yet.

Thanks for posting. That is a nice bonus. Happy for you!

• Like 1

I just saw someone claiming to be a travel agent on FB post that thousands of people have gotten their refunds already.  I'm thinking he/she said that because there was an agenda involved ... that is certainly not matching up with what we've been seeing, which is probably more realistic.  

Of note, I also saw another post that stated some guy was refunded for his 3/22 Alaska cruise ... hahaha!!  Obviously, some people are just posting fake information ... either trolls or just seeing who is paying attention.  

These were both on the Princess Information page.    Anyway, we've just hit our sixty day mark!  

8 hours ago, dog said:

Thanks for posting. That is a nice bonus. Happy for you!

I know some (no idea percentage..1 or 50) passengers on the Mar 8th Ruby Princess were joining class action suits against Princess for alleged cover up about covid on board/not advising passengers it could happen and other issues.  (Aussies filed in Australia and "other"I would imagine home country of other). 

My opinion..Options 2 was  changed from 25% to 100% and given to everyone regardless of option choice to calm down those who were not sure about what to do about suing.  

We did sail 11 of 13 days and had a very nice time although we missed three ports.

As far as I know refundable OBC has not been issued either.  The OBC included the refunded money put on cc for tours. So really don't understand what the refund included..it was not explained, but I was very satisfied and just wish there was a list of what the refund covered.    Ironically, the b2b cancelled trip (Fiji) has had nothing refunded, although some posters have received the FCC (100% cruise fare) from it.  (not me, yet)

Both my husband and I got were exposed to covid on board and got sick.  We are almost fully recovered.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, pwlee49 said:

50% credit card refund only. waiting for fcc credit.....

What sailing date? 

This is what the thread is about - Yes or No, Sailing Date - trying even though may be in vain, to establish some sort of processing criteria if there is any. 

I checked Princess site for the Travel Notices and Advisories

https://www.princess.com/news/notices_and_advisories/

I noticed the Apr 29 Notice has its wordings drastically reduced and modified!

Too bad I have not saved a screen shot of such as I never would have thought a company would go back to delete / modify the already released Notice but Princess has done just that!

From my memory,  the Apr 29 Notice previously said ALL FCCs on the 1st pause has now finished, and they are starting to process the FCCs on the 2nd pause which is expected to finish on May 31st...

Yet as we see in the refund thread,  this is hardly the case.  I was planning to call Princess specifically inquiring what the April 29 Notice meant, given I have not seen FCC in our accounts...

Then I discover the wordings are deleted / modified - now it said Apr 29 is the date STARTING to process FCC.... Wow.

The previous version was that FCCs were finished posting on Apr 29, and it was being told to some callers who posted this in the refund thread...

Lies after lies are what Princess has been feeding us.  Now even degrade to make fake news on social media - the bogus posters need to do a better job, such as not post an Alaska cruise in March, has gotten a refund! 

Below is the CURRENT version as of May 12th. 

I wish someone has saved the previous version of the April 29 Notice! 

Updated April 29, 2020

Refund processing has begun on cancelled voyages. FCC processing begins after you make your choice for this option. This is not an automated process and we are working to ensure attention to detail so that each booking is processed accurately. Our team managing this is also working from home, so we ask for your grace and patience in affording us time to manage this with excellence but know that our team is working to expedite the process as quickly as possible. Please stay healthy and safe.

Edited by nho9504
Add info

22 minutes ago, nho9504 said:

I checked Princess site for the Travel Notices and Advisories

https://www.princess.com/news/notices_and_advisories/

I noticed the Apr 29 Notice has its wordings drastically reduced and modified!

Too bad I have not saved a screen shot of such as I never would have thought a company would go back to delete / modify the already released Notice but Princess has done just that!

From my memory,  the Apr 29 Notice previously said ALL FCCs on the 1st pause has now finished, and they are starting to process the FCCs on the 2nd pause which is expected to finish on May 31st...

Yet as we see in the refund thread,  this is hardly the case.  I was planning to call Princess specifically inquiring what the April 29 Notice meant, given I have not seen FCC in our accounts...

Then I discover the wordings are deleted / modified - now it said Apr 29 is the date STARTING to process FCC.... Wow.

The previous version was that FCCs were finished posting on Apr 29, and it was being told to some callers who posted this in the refund thread...

Lies after lies are what Princess has been feeding us.  Now even degrade to make fake news on social media - the bogus posters need to do a better job, such as not post an Alaska cruise in March, has gotten a refund! 

Below is the CURRENT version as of May 12th. 

I wish someone has saved the previous version of the April 29 Notice! 

Updated April 29, 2020

Refund processing has begun on cancelled voyages. FCC processing begins after you make your choice for this option. This is not an automated process and we are working to ensure attention to detail so that each booking is processed accurately. Our team managing this is also working from home, so we ask for your grace and patience in affording us time to manage this with excellence but know that our team is working to expedite the process as quickly as possible. Please stay healthy and safe.

Someone may have posted what you are looking for on this site.  I've noticed a few official announcements made my Princess have changed  verbiage without even changing the date on the announcement.  If anyone were to do that once published without an edit date and edited content where I worked, they'd have lost their job.   Not a very professional way to conduct business.  

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Cruise Raider said:

Someone may have posted what you are looking for on this site.  I've noticed a few official announcements made my Princess have changed  verbiage without even changing the date on the announcement.  If anyone were to do that once published without an edit date and edited content where I worked, they'd have lost their job.   Not a very professional way to conduct business.  

Unethical because it removed the MATERIAL original content and ALTER the information, without saying anything about this is an updated version.  It is a deceptive practice no matter how you slice it.

Edited by nho9504
  • Like 1

On 5/12/2020 at 2:53 PM, Cruise Raider said:

See post 1206 on the thread "Are people getting refunds on their credit cards...'this says 60 days

On 5/13/2020 at 9:07 PM, Aussieflyer said:

No,  April 6 ,Golden Princess

And now - yes - back as 2 separate lines and one for me (only account) and one for my son (on his) who was travelling with me.

No email though 

• Thanks 1

11 hours ago, Aussieflyer said:

And now - yes - back as 2 separate lines and one for me (only account) and one for my son (on his) who was travelling with me.

No email though 

I’m confused by your answer-you and your son both received money back to two different credit card accounts? Or maybe two different entries on your credit card account?

Edited by cherylandtk