Jump to content

Recommended Posts

NCL emailed me with FCC for only half of what was paid for (actual cost per person with no add ons) our cancelled Alaskan Cruise plus the 20% of THAT amount. My account on the NCL website reflects this also.There is no refund for the second quest!  Has anyone else experienced this? I was under the assumption that there would be 100% of the cost the bonus.  

Link to post
Share on other sites

I just got this same email and I am also very confused.  Why did we get this?

 

I plan on using the cash refund link that opens up on May 7th.

 

I set up the trip for my family of 4 (hubby 2 kids) under one reservation on my account. 

 

Paid $5552.84.  The NCL email says ""A future cruise credit in the amount of USD 2,288.91 has been issued to your account. To reflect our appreciation for your business, we will also provide you a BONUS credit of 25% in the amount of USD 572.23. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Don't you realize that if there were more than one person on the same reservation, the FCCs are given to to each person on the same reservation?

 

I got half and other person got the other half.

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
50 minutes ago, choover2576 said:

I just got this same email and I am also very confused.  Why did we get this?

 

I plan on using the cash refund link that opens up on May 7th.

 

I set up the trip for my family of 4 (hubby 2 kids) under one reservation on my account. 

 

Paid $5552.84.  The NCL email says ""A future cruise credit in the amount of USD 2,288.91 has been issued to your account. To reflect our appreciation for your business, we will also provide you a BONUS credit of 25% in the amount of USD 572.23. 

 

See my previous post.

 

Okay, you plan on using the cash refund link that opens up on May 7th, but I don't know if you realize that you'll lose the Bonus credits when you ask for the cash refund. The cash refund will take 3 months.

 

 

 

Edited by bluesea777
Link to post
Share on other sites

For whatever reason NCL split up the FCC between all the guests on the reservation. Makes no sense, you figure most people would want it all on their account as the primary person on the reservation and person who paid for it.

 

To those wanting to submit the refund form, or still waiting on the refund fund form just ignore any emails/mail you get about the FCC. I submitted the cash refund request for my April cruise back on 3/23, haven't got the cash back yet, but I have received 2 emails and the other person on my reservation even got a snail mail letter about the FCC.  I called up NCL to make sure my refund is still be processed, which it is, they said just ignore anything you get about FCC as they are automatically generated and the company is purposely sending out multiple notifications about how much FCC you have in hopes that people use it. If you fill out the refund form and don't use the FCC, the FCC gets voided once your refund finally gets issued.

Link to post
Share on other sites

I also wish they would have applied the FCC to one account but this seems to be the norm. The airlines are doing the same thing if you cancel and get their credit it aplies to each of the party flying regardless of how it was paid. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

When, in the past, I have cancelled airline flights in accordance with airline policies, the credit always went to the ticketed passenger, not the person who paid for the ticket.  

Link to post
Share on other sites

What confuses me is the credit is for the fare only.  I have yet to see anything from NCL about the other pre-paids including taxes, Prepaid Service Charges, or the Bev Srv Charge. I initially thought they'd lump those into the FCC,but based on my FCC they weren't. 

 

 I assume they'll refund those, but I don't really want to assume...

Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, Jason82 said:

What confuses me is the credit is for the fare only.  I have yet to see anything from NCL about the other pre-paids including taxes, Prepaid Service Charges, or the Bev Srv Charge. I initially thought they'd lump those into the FCC,but based on my FCC they weren't. 

 

 I assume they'll refund those, but I don't really want to assume...

unfortunately they do it in a way that is confusing to even the customer service ppl.  i am having trouble with them finding my past fcc that i applied to this newer canceled cruise.  their system makes it harder to find all the fcc and apply to a newer cruise 

Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, Jason82 said:

What confuses me is the credit is for the fare only.  I have yet to see anything from NCL about the other pre-paids including taxes, Prepaid Service Charges, or the Bev Srv Charge. I initially thought they'd lump those into the FCC,but based on my FCC they weren't. 

 

 I assume they'll refund those, but I don't really want to assume...

I paid for DSC, priority boarding, and a transfer to the airport and my email with the FCC amount correctly included it and the 25% bonus was calculated with those items included also. I am the only person on the reservation, not sure if that matters.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, seaman11 said:

unfortunately they do it in a way that is confusing to even the customer service ppl.  i am having trouble with them finding my past fcc that i applied to this newer canceled cruise.  their system makes it harder to find all the FCC and apply to a newer cruise 

Based on the policy, I should have gotten the pre-paids as a credit as well.

 

The following will be applied to the FCC:

  • Cruise fare and taxes
    • Including any winning Upgrade Advantage payments.
  • Flight arrangements booked through Norwegian Cruise Line.
  • Hotel and CruiseTour packages purchased through Norwegian Cruise Line.
  • Shore Excursions booked and pre-paid through Norwegian Cruise Line
  • Prepaid service charges
  • Beverage or Dining gratuities (if part of FAS Promotion selection)
  • Essentials, Booksafe Standard or Platinum Travel Protection, if purchased.
    Booksafe Travel Protection will be issued as a separate additional FCC worth the value of the travel protection plan paid. This insurance FCC will be valid for one year from date of issuance and only applicable towards insurance for all published sailings through Dec 31, 2022?

My total paid for fare, taxes and pre-paids was $2204 per passenger. FCC was $1704 before the 25%. This does not make re-booking another cruise enticing and I don't particularly want to fight NCL for the offered credit in lieu of a refund. It shouldn't be that hard to issue a credit for the line items paid. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, Jason82 said:

Based on the policy, I should have gotten the pre-paids as a credit as well.

 

The following will be applied to the FCC:

  • Cruise fare and taxes
    • Including any winning Upgrade Advantage payments.
  • Flight arrangements booked through Norwegian Cruise Line.
  • Hotel and CruiseTour packages purchased through Norwegian Cruise Line.
  • Shore Excursions booked and pre-paid through Norwegian Cruise Line
  • Prepaid service charges
  • Beverage or Dining gratuities (if part of FAS Promotion selection)
  • Essentials, Booksafe Standard or Platinum Travel Protection, if purchased.
    Booksafe Travel Protection will be issued as a separate additional FCC worth the value of the travel protection plan paid. This insurance FCC will be valid for one year from date of issuance and only applicable towards insurance for all published sailings through Dec 31, 2022?

My total paid for fare, taxes and pre-paids was $2204 per passenger. FCC was $1704 before the 25%. This does not make re-booking another cruise enticing and I don't particularly want to fight NCL for the offered credit in lieu of a refund. It shouldn't be that hard to issue a credit for the line items paid. 

Since the difference is $500 I would guess that you might have used 2 CruiseNext certificates?  Those are returned to your account and not given as FCC, although the bonus FCC is based on the full fare.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Jason82 said:

What confuses me is the credit is for the fare only.  I have yet to see anything from NCL about the other pre-paids including taxes, Prepaid Service Charges, or the Bev Srv Charge. I initially thought they'd lump those into the FCC,but based on my FCC they weren't. 

 

 I assume they'll refund those, but I don't really want to assume...

 

Correct me if I'm wrong ... I'm thinking as common sense, that the "100%" FCC (that included the taxes, promo grats, pre-paid DSCs etc of the cancelled cruise) can be applied to the same on the new cruise booking, but the "25%" FCC can only be applied to the base fare.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, julig22 said:

Since the difference is $500 I would guess that you might have used 2 CruiseNext certificates?  Those are returned to your account and not given as FCC, although the bonus FCC is based on the full fare.

 

Oh duh. All I needed was a second set of eyes. I guess they gave the entire FCC to me. Sadly, that FCC is expired now. Wish me luck trying to get it back. lol

Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, udivegirl said:

I also got half "credit," and I booked the entire cruise for two of us.  My husband doesn't even have an account so they would have no way to credit his half.

As soon you book your trip, all passengers are assigned a Latitudes account.  He will have to create a MyNCL account to see the credits.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, julig22 said:

As soon you book your trip, all passengers are assigned a Latitudes account.  He will have to create a MyNCL account to see the credits.

 

Yep.  Makes sense.  If I was going with a someone other than my hubby, they would want their credit. Lol!  Can't give it all to me. 😄 😄 

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, udivegirl said:

I also got half "credit," and I booked the entire cruise for two of us.  My husband doesn't even have an account so they would have no way to credit his half.

Yes,   everyone has an account.    

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Forum Jump
    • Categories
      • Thank You for 25 Years - Click for Fun Stuff!
      • Forum Assistance
      • ANNOUNCEMENT: American Queen Steamboat Company
      • Q&A: Cruise Insurance with Steve Dasseos of TripInsuranceStore.com - June 2021
      • New Cruisers
      • Cruise Lines “A – O”
      • Cruise Lines “P – Z”
      • River Cruising
      • ROLL CALLS
      • Digital Photography & Cruise Technology
      • Special Interest Cruising
      • Cruise Discussion Topics
      • UK Cruising
      • Australia & New Zealand Cruisers
      • Canadian Cruisers
      • North American Homeports
      • Ports of Call
      • Cruise Conversations
×
×
  • Create New...