MSC and its 'Fair-weather' friends

rattanchair

On 5/2/2020 at 5:11 PM, Fogfog said:

AND the disembarkation --Miami is a mess. Its a land/port issue..not MSC. They need facial recognition or a GE entry line at the MSC berth

Curious.  When did you last sail MSC in Miami? We have had facial rec. coming through Miami the last two years, at least on our March sailings.      

1 minute ago, JAGR said:

Curious.  When did you last sail MSC in Miami? We have had facial rec. coming through Miami the last two years, at least on our March sailings.      

February 2020 B2B Meraviglia

No facial rec

No GE

2 hours ago, Solent Richard said:

No one has actually lost any money and, if it has already been paid then surely in 'accountancy' terms, that money was expended with budget.

The current economic situation must be much better in the UK than it is in the USA. Congrats!!!

1 hour ago, BermudaBound2014 said:

The current economic situation must be much better in the UK than it is in the USA. Congrats!!!

Hi Bermuda Bound.

I doubt the situation is much that different and I'd personally rather be your side of the Atlantic in the long term.

The point I was making is that we all budgeted for the cruises we booked and presumably paid for. The fact they have been cancelled and we await either a refund or Future Cruise Credit falls under the heading 'Semantics'.

Now, if maybe at some future date, whichever the cruise company, they  files for bankruptcy, and all avenues to claim repayment - be it via our insurance or credit card - have been expended, then and only then are we losers.

Have a nice day and God Bless America.

• Like 2

On 5/2/2020 at 7:46 PM, Até said:

Have you been informed by MSC in any way regarding the new Booking terms for USA stating YC deposits are not refundable and the new definition of a 'refund" being MSC will issue a FCC?  I can get nothing from them regarding this.

Got some answers back today from upper management regarding their T&C's.

First, regarding refunds:

If MSC cancels a sailing, by law (in the US) we have to offer a refund or FCC. Our Cruise Assurance Program, which allows you to cancel your sailing up until 48 hours prior to the cruise, only offers the FCC if the sailing takes place.

Next regarding the YC deposits:

Yacht Club T & C are being reviewed as there is conflicting info. I will tell you that currently the deposits are refundable up until final payment.

The YC refundability says two different things. One area says non-refundable deposits and on their cancellation charts it shows non-refundable within 120 days. But as you see from the response, they are currently not following either. Sorry this doesn't address non-US but that is the only office I deal with directly. Also, I am waiting clarification on sailings cancelled by the consumer that don't fall under the Cruise Assurance Program.

Hope this helps.

Bret

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

45 minutes ago, Solent Richard said:

The point I was making is that we all budgeted for the cruises we booked and presumably paid for. The fact they have been cancelled and we await either a refund or Future Cruise Credit falls under the heading 'Semantics'.

I understand the point you are making. And while it's true that the money may have been budgeted, I suspect those who have been without a paycheck for the last 8 weeks (and here in Michigan it looks like 4 additional) will appreciate a refund sooner rather than later.  I also believe that it is possible to want a refund and still enjoy the value that a MSC cruise provides. 

I do wish you all the best!! We love the UK :).

Edited by BermudaBound2014
  • Like 1