Current Ship Positions

I was bored so looked up positions of ships.  Pretty crazy to see them all out just roaming around.  The circled ship is Symphony.  Dark green are princess ships, orange is NCL, light green is RCI, pink is Carnival, and they all seem to be within a few miles of each other.  Anyway, I found it interesting, thought maybe you would too!  Source is cruisemapper

image.png.df453c30c205b27619a02416e6a62e02.png

• Like 2

1 minute ago, JillK said:

I was on the Port of Miami webcam today and noticed it was pretty empty - wondering where they'd all gone. 

Thanks for sharing!

There was a post elsewhere that the Carnival ships are gathering to tender crew from some of the ships to others (9, as I recall) which will be sailing to the Philippines, India, Indonesia and other locations to repatriate the crews.  Long, long way from Miami to Manila.

• Like 1

Shipmapper also shows at least 6 ships that are clearly doing a transatlantic route at the mo, Princess, HAL and NCL.  Viking have already crossed over to Europe.  Are they more optimistic than RCI?

Edited by little britain

Been watching these sites for yrs, more lately. MarineTraffic one I like. At least 10 Cruise ships heading to Europe 10days. But like get good look at my Ships on Port Cams when their in restocking . One of the Crew was sleeping in Cabin I was to be in this last week for 20nites, at least saw he made bed both days was in Port. 

Edited by ONECRUISER

11 hours ago, ECCruise said:

There was a post elsewhere that the Carnival ships are gathering to tender crew from some of the ships to others (9, as I recall) which will be sailing to the Philippines, India, Indonesia and other locations to repatriate the crews.  Long, long way from Miami to Manila.

Currently 18 Carnival Ships sitting together now, think couple others were. Not that would be a picture!... Last few weeks were scattered/parked around Carib/Golf, first time all these together. Watching their Tenders running back/forth between ships now..

Edited by ONECRUISER

8 minutes ago, Biker19 said:

Maybe cheaper dock/anchor rates?

No but European countries like Germany, Sweden and UK allow crew changes and make it possible to take crew home, the US not or only in emergency. 

16 hours ago, Cruisin_n_Boozin said:

I was bored so looked up positions of ships.  Pretty crazy to see them all out just roaming around.  The circled ship is Symphony.  Dark green are princess ships, orange is NCL, light green is RCI, pink is Carnival, and they all seem to be within a few miles of each other.  Anyway, I found it interesting, thought maybe you would too!  Source is cruisemapper

image.png.df453c30c205b27619a02416e6a62e02.png

Wow -- Symphony is awfully close to Cuba.  😱

I took this screenshot a few minutes ago and noticed that Navigator OTS has been circling around the area for days.  I know there is not enough dock space but a lot of ships are anchored.  Seems like a waste of fuel IMHO.

Screen Shot 2020-05-02 at 8.25.00 AM.png

15 hours ago, ECCruise said:

Here is the Carnival fleet off the coat of the Bahamas.

17E074D4-AB6B-4629-BC5D-9480BD4D5DF5.png

9 hours ago, livingonthebeach said:

Wow -- Symphony is awfully close to Cuba.

A couple of weeks ago a large number of ships were in that area, not just Symphony. They seemed to have changed the hangout location back further north.

12 hours ago, Saab4444 said:

No but European countries like Germany, Sweden and UK allow crew changes and make it possible to take crew home, the US not or only in emergency. 

US is allowing charters as far as I know

I’ve got random question re: these moored ships and hopefully someone here can help clarify.  This one might be more targeted to John&LaLa since you are based in Cocoa Beach where its seems there are multiple ships floating off the coast daily.

These moored ships are clearly idle. However, they consistently appear to change position with the wind (eg. The forward/bow of the vessel appears to always be heading into the wind). 

Are these ships anchored or do we think they are on some sort of cruise control/ auto pilot dictated by GPS? 

Also, John&LaLa - any idea how far out (off the coast) the ships are from a milage perspective? Asking more specifically in the case of the ships off the coast of Cape Canaveral/Cocoa Beach?

Thanks!

20 hours ago, paighdrow said:

Are these ships anchored or do we think they are on some sort of cruise control/ auto pilot dictated by GPS? 

Also, John&LaLa - any idea how far out (off the coast) the ships are from a milage perspective? Asking more specifically in the case of the ships off the coast of Cape Canaveral/Cocoa Beach?

Thanks!

20 hours ago, paighdrow said:

The ones off PC/Cocoa Beach are about 4 to 6 miles offshore.  They appear to be anchored, the depth of the water is not deep enough that would make anchoring a challenge.