Jump to content
Cruise Critic Community
cruiser4801

Who's Ready to Cruise?

Recommended Posts

Article is just mostly opinions and source is fool.com ?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Me!!  We obviously had to cancel our Spring break cruise on the Encore but rebooked on the Bliss for Alaska June of 2021 for even less than what we paid for spring break. It was a no brainer!  We considered booking for Thanksgiving but my husband wanted to go home visit to visit his family instead and we prefer Xmas at home.  We have an high school aged kid so we have to cruise during breaks.  We would actually consider doing a late summer cruise but we already have a lot of plans.  Honestly just can't fit another cruise until next summer but we are totally ready to go!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm ready to go on a cruise now, if I can get to the port!

 

I can still be infected at work so I should rather cruise than work. It's not fun to be sick on a ship but if I should be infected on the cruise, I should probably be at home again when I get sick.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I am so very ready it's been 13 months since my last cruise :(. Now we need to wait until next May. Better safe than sorry we are both mid sixties with heart and lung issues, healthy enough to travel when no killer virus is out there. Will stay safe to travel another day :).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Motley Fool has to write about something.  Looks like they have simply taken all the recent titillating articles and combined them into one.  This is really about investing, not setting sail.  I agree, the cruise lines will be the last to recover, but recover they will.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We have an Alaska cruise booked for July, a contingency Alaska cruise for next July in case the 2020 Alaska cruise is a no go, and a Caribbean Cruise for February booked. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

how ready ?  considering our yearly anniversary March cruise was cancelled and my yearly b/day July was not be considered.....

I'm kinda still packed. Even found my DelSol St. Lucia T-shirt bought last cruise & never worn.

Yes ! I'm ready

Edited by yearsofcruising
add

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We are ready to go for our November POA cruise!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We had a wonderful 12 day Alaskan cruise on the Sun with out two young daughters cancelled ..... we have been ready to cruise all year. Unfortunately there are way too many risks, safety issues, cruise procedures and questions that would have to be addressed before we would even consider getting on this year. Potential problems outweigh the reward at this stage . Hoping to get on board our Encore cruise for next April at this point. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Not us.

We've been on a cruise during this mess less than 6 weeks ago and no way going to subject ourselves to that again until things change appreciably.  And we were on a sailing with absolutely no illness. 

Barred from 6 ports, not including 1 where we had to shove ourselves through the port gates.  Disembarkation port refused us and had to scramble to find new port to get off.  Airline/hotel/car reservations needing to be changed 3 times when new disembarkation port/flight cancellations/etc.

And when cruising does start, gut feeling they will be short sailings either in the Caribbean or private islands.  None of which we are interested in at all. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, ECCruise said:

Not us.

We've been on a cruise during this mess less than 6 weeks ago and no way going to subject ourselves to that again until things change appreciably.  And we were on a sailing with absolutely no illness. 

Barred from 6 ports, not including 1 where we had to shove ourselves through the port gates.  Disembarkation port refused us and had to scramble to find new port to get off.  Airline/hotel/car reservations needing to be changed 3 times when new disembarkation port/flight cancellations/etc.

And when cruising does start, gut feeling they will be short sailings either in the Caribbean or private islands.  None of which we are interested in at all. 

All of this ^^^^ +1. I don’t enough people are thinking their ambitions through enough. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Carnival ships are planning to start up on a limited scale this August from southern US ports ... okay, woohoo !!   Maybe, hope for NCL along a similar pathway  - Alaska season is then, not hopeful for 2020.  Wait, isn't that the height of hurricane season - mother nature doesn't care if we are still in the middle of a global pandemic.  Hmmm. 

 

How are ya all planning to get there to embark & disembark ?  Thoughts & plans to maintain social distancing and wearing a mask the entire trip, including ground transfer - good luck finding & booking direct and non-stop flights from your home airport.  Or, going to drive cross-country to get there & back.  

 

The WH has increased, upped the death toll forecast again, now to 100,000 by August.  As of this morning, we are closing in toward 68,000 deaths - what a "success" story for the 1st. wave of Covid-19.  For the unlucky few - cruise ships generally are not equipped nor offer ICU level of acute onboard care, they do not have ventilators nor do kidney dialysis ... just be prepared for a possible "one-way" cruise.  Have your healthcare proxies, DNR and advance directives, etc. signed & update.  If you have a spare or unused CPAP or BiPAP machine, make sure to bring it alone - it can be lifesaver, and, at least 30 days of extra personal medications, just in case. You want to pack extra personal PPE, cleaning wipes, face masks & gloves - the new normal for cruising. 

 

Ready for fun & sun ... where is that Platinum/+ or Haven/priority no-wait pier check in for early boarding ? 

Edited by mking8288

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, mking8288 said:

good luck finding & booking direct and non-stop flights from your home airport.  Or, going to drive cross-country to get there & back.  

 

My next cruises is scheduled for August 29 out of Seattle. I can book a flight to Seattle for tomorrow if I want to.... Domestic flights are still happening. Not that I have any intention of taking one in the immediate future!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Not me. Nothing booked and nothing expected to be booked. Gonna prove to myself that life will exist without cruising.

 

I want to see what the new normal looks like. Not interested in an overly cumbersome and uncertain cruising process with masks, limited seating, long buffet lines, missed/cancelled ports, missed/cancelled flights, etc. 

 

We are driving to Tennessee for a week later this month. Gonna see the state, visit some national parks and enjoy some Southern hospitality. Gas prices low, low, low. Lodging costs practically free. Everything 100% refundable until 24 hrs prior to departure.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
33 minutes ago, seaman11 said:

Carnival also had plans to resume sailing in April, May, June, July .... yada yada etc etc ....  They have no real “plan” without getting numerous questions and obstacles out of the way first. They just want to keep customers heads full of anticipation  with false promises.  .... it should say “hopes” ..

Edited by tallnthensome

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, tallnthensome said:

Carnival also had plans to resume sailing in April, May, June, July .... yada yada etc etc ....  They have no real “plan” without getting numerous questions and obstacles out of the way first. They just want to keep customers heads full of anticipation  with false promises.  .... it should say “hopes” ..

eventually it will start back up slowly.  aug i think it will.  i think they could do it much sooner than this to be honest since its only may 4th and things are opening up in the south. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, mking8288 said:

Carnival ships are planning to start up on a limited scale this August from southern US ports ... okay, woohoo !!   Maybe, hope for NCL along a similar pathway  - Alaska season is then, not hopeful for 2020.  Wait, isn't that the height of hurricane season - mother nature doesn't care if we are still in the middle of a global pandemic.  Hmmm. 

 

How are ya all planning to get there to embark & disembark ?  Thoughts & plans to maintain social distancing and wearing a mask the entire trip, including ground transfer - good luck finding & booking direct and non-stop flights from your home airport.  Or, going to drive cross-country to get there & back.  

 

The WH has increased, upped the death toll forecast again, now to 100,000 by August.  As of this morning, we are closing in toward 68,000 deaths - what a "success" story for the 1st. wave of Covid-19.  For the unlucky few - cruise ships generally are not equipped nor offer ICU level of acute onboard care, they do not have ventilators nor do kidney dialysis ... just be prepared for a possible "one-way" cruise.  Have your healthcare proxies, DNR and advance directives, etc. signed & update.  If you have a spare or unused CPAP or BiPAP machine, make sure to bring it alone - it can be lifesaver, and, at least 30 days of extra personal medications, just in case. You want to pack extra personal PPE, cleaning wipes, face masks & gloves - the new normal for cruising. 

 

Ready for fun & sun ... where is that Platinum/+ or Haven/priority no-wait pier check in for early boarding ? 

You have been SPOT ON in your analysis and presentation of facts in real-time from our Tri-State area! Some people will forever feel their cruise is more important than DOE/College/Food Chain/Safety of Healthcare Workers.


I thank you for all your knowledge and contributing real-time facts from here in a small town of NJ.


🙂
Be safe!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm just waiting for the airport to open and my August 1st cruise to go as scheduled

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, OceanBlueWaters said:

You have been SPOT ON in your analysis and presentation of facts in real-time from our Tri-State area! Some people will forever feel their cruise is more important than DOE/College/Food Chain/Safety of Healthcare Workers.


I thank you for all your knowledge and contributing real-time facts from here in a small town of NJ.


🙂
Be safe!

 

Cruise-related chat is common on a cruise board. Best to go elsewhere if it offends.

 

Just sayin

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Forum Jump
    • Categories
      • Forum Assistance
      • SPECIAL EVENT: Q&A with the Quark Expeditions Team!
      • New Cruisers
      • Cruise Lines “A – O”
      • Cruise Lines “P – Z”
      • River Cruising
      • ROLL CALLS
      • Digital Photography & Cruise Technology
      • Member Cruise Reviews
      • Special Interest Cruising
      • Cruise Discussion Topics
      • UK Cruising
      • Australia & New Zealand Cruisers
      • North American Homeports
      • Ports of Call
      • Cruise Conversations
×
×
  • Create New...