Jump to content
Cruise Critic Community
jknc

Who has received refunds?

Recommended Posts

I see the threads of people not getting refunds. Are there equally high volumes of people who have been refunded since March? Thanks.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I know of 5 couples who got their refunds for a May 2nd cruise , I however should be getting mine in the next day or so.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We cancelled about a month ago  and received Our $500 refundable deposit about 2 weeks ago. We had cancelled our January 2021 cruise as DH is part of a high risk population. Sadly, Our traveling companions who have non refundable deposits are not able to get a refund. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Actually many on those threads said they been getting Refunds

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Refund received 8 days after cancelling.  👍

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I recently cancelled two cruises and received my refund 3 business days after I cancelled.  I was told it could take 15+ days so was quite pleasantly surprised to see it so soon.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, TheMiz said:

I know of 5 couples who got their refunds for a May 2nd cruise , I however should be getting mine in the next day or so.


We are hoping the same!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Cruise was canceled by Royal on March 13th & we were supposed to leave March 15th. We got our refund back 4-24-20.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The cancellation announcement was made back in March for my May 4 cruise. However, the cancellation wasn't processed until April 24. Royal Caribbean rep told me it will take 30-45 days from the April 24 date, which is rather frustrating. Trying to be patient.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Royal cancelled my 18 April cruise mid-March.  I requested full refund.  I called and the rep said my date started on 24 April, and it would take 30-60 days from there to get my refund.  I refuted the charges on my Chase credit card.  Hopefully that will stoke the coals to get my refund moved to the top.  🍷

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Received refund on March 15 cruise. Not a penny yet on canceled May cruises.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Got my refund from my April 4th cruise - divided it up per person refund and port and taxes

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, CruisinCoyote said:

We cancelled about a month ago  and received Our $500 refundable deposit about 2 weeks ago. We had cancelled our January 2021 cruise as DH is part of a high risk population. Sadly, Our traveling companions who have non refundable deposits are not able to get a refund. 

 

I thought NRD meant that if you cancelled before final payment you got your deposit returned minus $100/person.

 

Has this changed ?

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, pspercy said:

 

I thought NRD meant that if you cancelled before final payment you got your deposit returned minus $100/person.

 

Has this changed ?

 

I believe you forfeit the $100pp, but the rest of the deposit to be used as FCC to be used within 1 year.  🍷

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, Wine-O said:

Royal cancelled my 18 April cruise mid-March.  I requested full refund.  I called and the rep said my date started on 24 April, and it would take 30-60 days from there to get my refund.  I refuted the charges on my Chase credit card.  Hopefully that will stoke the coals to get my refund moved to the top.  🍷

I tried this also. My credit card company asked a few questions about why I am disputing, and then told me I cannot dispute the charges until/ unless I don't receive the refund within the timeline Royal said.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Happ to announce I received my full cruise fare and port tax refund this morning on my amex card for my may 25th cruise they had cancelled.

Still waiting for items I booked thru cruise planner but confident that refund is on its way.

Still waiting for my fcc for a march cruise that I had cancelled 2 days before they did.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
48 minutes ago, superduper123 said:

I tried this also. My credit card company asked a few questions about why I am disputing, and then told me I cannot dispute the charges until/ unless I don't receive the refund within the timeline Royal said.

 

I was told 30 days when they cancelled the cruise.  They can't keep moving the goal posts.  🍷

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We got our refunds....3 cabins booked for 6/20, cancelled in mid-March before final payment. It took 5 weeks.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We have received FCCs for our March and May cruises but have not received  port charges and taxes.   It will be a month Friday since we got the first FCC so  planning to call Royal on Monday if we don’t get it.
 

Sherri🙂

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Royal cancelled my May 30th cruise and I requested a refund on April 16th. I received my full refund on April 30th.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This is crazy.  We ( our family) still haven’t gotten refunds from March and April cruises that were paid in full and others are getting deposit refunds. I’m losing patience. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Requested refund for our April 5th cruise on March 14th.  Still nothing - we are approaching 60 days

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
This is crazy.  We ( our family) still haven’t gotten refunds from March and April cruises that were paid in full and others are getting deposit refunds. I’m losing patience. 

I totally get it. The fact that there is no reason how and who gets refunds is ridiculous. It’s obviously not in order. Makes zero sense.


Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Forum Jump
    • Categories
      • Forum Assistance
      • New Cruisers
      • Cruise Lines “A – O”
      • Cruise Lines “P – Z”
      • River Cruising
      • ROLL CALLS
      • Digital Photography & Cruise Technology
      • Special Interest Cruising
      • Cruise Discussion Topics
      • UK Cruising
      • Australia & New Zealand Cruisers
      • North American Homeports
      • Ports of Call
      • Cruise Conversations
×
×
  • Create New...