Is Azamara Repatriating Crew Home??

22 minutes ago, excitedofharpenden said:

In a word, yes they are. Some repatriation is proving more difficult than others. Meanwhile there are some (not all) on this board who show in my view unreasonable impatience with refunds. 

Phil 

I can only imagine the logistics of it all. With both RCI and Celebrity publishing plans I thought maybe there would be one from Azamara. 

11 hours ago, suzyluvs2cruise said:

I can only imagine the logistics of it all. With both RCI and Celebrity publishing plans I thought maybe there would be one from Azamara. 

Azamara is using the Royal/Celebrity plan. Several of their staff are on RC ships in the Far East, sadly after 45 days at sea trying to get to a gateway for flights they are still going nowhere 

Wondering about Quest since it is in the Middle East with no RCCL/Celebrity ships nearby.

Quest was in Abu Dhabi for about 5 weeks or so after discharging all pax (and signing off crew) in Muscat in March.  Then moved to Dubai a few days ago with some other ships.

Dubai ships.JPG

"We have been able to help more than 12,000 of our crew members return safely home on commercial flights, charter flights and direct sailings to their home countries, and thousands more are going home in coming weeks.

We are grateful for the guidance we’ve received from governments and health authorities, and we very much appreciate our crews’ patience, understanding and good spirit."

9 hours ago, ECCruise said:

Wondering about Quest since it is in the Middle East with no RCCL/Celebrity ships nearby.

Quest was in Abu Dhabi for about 5 weeks or so after discharging all pax (and signing off crew) in Muscat in March.  Then moved to Dubai a few days ago with some other ships.

Dubai ships.JPG

Interesting that she has moved after so long at Abu Dhabi. We had not looked at cruisemapper for a few days.

48 minutes ago, BBMacLaird said:

"We have been able to help more than 12,000 of our crew members return safely home on commercial flights, charter flights and direct sailings to their home countries, and thousands more are going home in coming weeks.

We are grateful for the guidance we’ve received from governments and health authorities, and we very much appreciate our crews’ patience, understanding and good spirit."

Thanks Bonnie.  We know so many crew members on all 3 lines that are happy to be home or on their way there soon!

Glad to hear many are home, though I do know of some who are now at 46 days since they were ashore and still no news of how they will get off as everyone keeps saying "no" to the Royal ship they were transferred to.  I do hope they get home very soon as emotionally it is now pretty stressful for them all this unknown.

34 minutes ago, BBMacLaird said:

Article in industry publication, Travel Weekly, dated 5/4: Azamara Pursuit's guests are debarked, but ship isn't idle.

Thanks for sharing the Article. I'm surprised Pursuit crew isn't part of the RCI/Celebrity plan using ships then charter flights to get home considering their current location. 

Edited by suzyluvs2cruise
On 5/6/2020 at 10:16 AM, suzyluvs2cruise said:

Thanks for sharing the Article. I'm surprised Pursuit crew isn't part of the RCI/Celebrity plan using ships then charter flights to get home considering their current location. 

I do know that in some cases they are. I have a friend who was on Pursuit who is now on Explorer OTS. Charters have been arranged but last I heard (a week ago) his country was on lockdown and charter planes not allowed. 

On 5/6/2020 at 1:16 PM, suzyluvs2cruise said:

12 hours ago, lovecruzin said:

I do know that in some cases they are. I have a friend who was on Pursuit who is now on Explorer OTS. Charters have been arranged but last I heard (a week ago) his country was on lockdown and charter planes not allowed. 

And the main problem. The CDC,coast guard, our govt etc. one person has tried three times to just gdt off Pursuit to man RCCL,ship and somehow each time the flight was cancel. Our airports are pretty much shut down.

I am friends with a band member he bit off the  ship,15 minutes before CDC shut it down. It is his friend said the 3d try his flight was cancel. 
I was going away this month..knew Inwas canceling flight..but before I cancel it has been chsbged twice and it a short flight I do twice a year.

My very best memories from Azamara cruises revolve around the staff and crew.  Truly, thanks to their efforts I always felt special, and for that reason I never hesitated to contemplate my next Azamara cruise... 

It is awful to imagine these wonderful people yearning to be back at their homes, perhaps feeling trapped aboard RCCL ships.  I will include a recent article on repatriation, and hope that the sense of abandonment is an exaggeration -  

https://www.cruisehive.com/another-crew-member-has-died-on-another-cruise-ship/39612

Edited by Ithikan

How sad that stress may be a factor in these tragedies. It seems as though there hasn’t been much cooperation between government entities and cruise lines in getting seafarers home.

I know that a couple of Journey crew members were moved to Ovation, then to another ship and have made it back home to the U.S. in the last couple of days. I understand there was no coronavirus on Journey, so they’ve made a difficult trade-off!

Melissa