Jump to content
Cruise Critic Community
Sign in to follow this  
MusicalBear

Hyatt Place or House in Dania, FL

Recommended Posts

My go to hotel is booked for my next cruise in January, I don't know what is going on but I will keep watching.  I found a good price at the Hyatt Place and Hyatt House in Dania (both the same price) and decided to try one of those if my regular hotel doesn't have any availability.  Any recommendations on which one is better?  I know the Hyatt House has a kitchen in each room, that I don't need,  but is either one in a better location, away from traffic noise or have a better pool or breakfast?  I have stayed in other hotels in that area and the traffic noise by the pool was awful.  I'm trying to avoid that because it just isn't relaxing.  Let's hope our cruises will be going soon and thank you for any information about these hotels.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Last November we did pre-cruise at Hyatt Place in Dania, mainly due to the price difference with Hyatt by 17th Street. The location was very good, close to the airport [we rented a car at FLL], lots of new shops and restaurants close by, too. Quite area, we did walk around the general shopping district one evening. Hyatt was clean, good breakfast buffet [be sure to enroll in their member program for free breakfast and daily bottles of water]. Best part, we were never charged for parking unlike hotels along 17th St area. Post cruise we stayed at Hyatt Place by 17th, another good location.

 

Darcy

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, WatchHill said:

Last November we did pre-cruise at Hyatt Place in Dania, mainly due to the price difference with Hyatt by 17th Street. The location was very good, close to the airport [we rented a car at FLL], lots of new shops and restaurants close by, too. Quite area, we did walk around the general shopping district one evening. Hyatt was clean, good breakfast buffet [be sure to enroll in their member program for free breakfast and daily bottles of water]. Best part, we were never charged for parking unlike hotels along 17th St area. Post cruise we stayed at Hyatt Place by 17th, another good location.

 

Darcy

Thank you.  I chose the hotels in Dania beause the price is a lot lower.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I booked the Hyatt House in Dania for my cruise next year. So can you walk from the hotel to any restaurants? Do you know roughly how far it is from the port? We always stayed at the Hyatt on 17th but the price difference is too much for 1 night pre cruise. I’m going to keep checking 17th but I reserved Dania in case prices increase. I’m a Hyatt member so I prefer Hyatt over other hotels. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, MCManders99 said:

I booked the Hyatt House in Dania for my cruise next year. So can you walk from the hotel to any restaurants? Do you know roughly how far it is from the port? We always stayed at the Hyatt on 17th but the price difference is too much for 1 night pre cruise. I’m going to keep checking 17th but I reserved Dania in case prices increase. I’m a Hyatt member so I prefer Hyatt over other hotels. 

The Hyatt House Dania is not within walking distance of the port. Best option is inquire at the desk upon check-in and they will let you know the options - shuttle, uber, taxi, etc. 

 

We stayed at Hyatt Place and from the parking lot I could see the street with multiple restaurants - maybe 5-10 minute walk at the most. Also some major shopping venues.  We've always found Hyatt to be very good at making dining suggestions.

 

Like you, we found there was a significant price difference between the 17th st Hyatt and Dania. The do have an airport shuttle

 

https://www.hyatt.com/en-US/hotel/florida/hyatt-place-ft-lauderdale-airport-cruise-port/fllzd/maps-parking-transportation

 

Darcy

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
54 minutes ago, WatchHill said:

The Hyatt House Dania is not within walking distance of the port. Best option is inquire at the desk upon check-in and they will let you know the options - shuttle, uber, taxi, etc. 

 

We stayed at Hyatt Place and from the parking lot I could see the street with multiple restaurants - maybe 5-10 minute walk at the most. Also some major shopping venues.  We've always found Hyatt to be very good at making dining suggestions.

 

Like you, we found there was a significant price difference between the 17th st Hyatt and Dania. The do have an airport shuttle

 

https://www.hyatt.com/en-US/hotel/florida/hyatt-place-ft-lauderdale-airport-cruise-port/fllzd/maps-parking-transportation

 

Darcy

Yeah I knew it wasn’t walking distance to port, we would use the shuttle or get a taxi, more curious on the restaurants as we won’t have a car to drive around. Last time at 17th we walked to outback. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, MCManders99 said:

Yeah I knew it wasn’t walking distance to port, we would use the shuttle or get a taxi, more curious on the restaurants as we won’t have a car to drive around. Last time at 17th we walked to outback. 

 

 

https://www.tripadvisor.com/RestaurantsNear-g34168-d4926189-Hyatt_Place-Dania_Beach_Broward_County_Florida.html

 

Lots of options 

 

Darcy

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/4/2020 at 7:43 PM, WatchHill said:

Last November we did pre-cruise at Hyatt Place in Dania, mainly due to the price difference with Hyatt by 17th Street. The location was very good, close to the airport [we rented a car at FLL], lots of new shops and restaurants close by, too. Quite area, we did walk around the general shopping district one evening. Hyatt was clean, good breakfast buffet [be sure to enroll in their member program for free breakfast and daily bottles of water]. Best part, we were never charged for parking unlike hotels along 17th St area. Post cruise we stayed at Hyatt Place by 17th, another good location.

 

Darcy

Is Hyatt Place the hotel that is beind the Embassy Suites and adjcent to a shopping center?  Thanks

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, molly361 said:

Is Hyatt Place the hotel that is beind the Embassy Suites and adjcent to a shopping center?  Thanks

 

Hyatt is behind Bistro Mezzaluna, [love their happy hour bar menu], a bit further back from the main traffic flow where Embassy is located. I would say adjacent to the back left of ES. Harbor Shops is a five minute walk from the hotel. 

 

We often enjoy taking our morning coffee outside to the front of the hotel, ample seating in a mini tropical garden.

 

Darcy

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, molly361 said:

Is Hyatt Place the hotel that is beind the Embassy Suites and adjcent to a shopping center?  Thanks

Yes it is one block south of E.S. next to Bisto Mezzaluna. On 10th street.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

  • Forum Jump
    • Categories
      • Forum Assistance
      • Q&A: Cruise Insurance w/ Steve Dasseos of the TripInsuranceStore.com June 2020
      • New Cruisers
      • Cruise Lines “A – O”
      • Cruise Lines “P – Z”
      • River Cruising
      • ROLL CALLS
      • Digital Photography & Cruise Technology
      • Member Cruise Reviews
      • Special Interest Cruising
      • Cruise Discussion Topics
      • UK Cruising
      • Australia & New Zealand Cruisers
      • North American Homeports
      • Ports of Call
      • Cruise Conversations

Announcements

×
×
  • Create New...