Did all Cruise Lines get this letter or just Carnival Corp?

LHP

Has anyone heard if all the cruise lines are being investigated or just Carnival Corporation?

I wonder how this will fit into their plans to ease back into service.

i tried to just post a direct link, but for some reason it will not post???

Sorry, you will have to type it in.

3D70CE52-62F1-4AAE-800D-22F6FD2C718C.thumb.png.1293ae1b0d944517452c26172f2bbdeb.png

Edited by LHP

3 minutes ago, Cruising_Addict said:

Thank you !

That does seem to indicate that it is only Carnival Corporation.

Edited by LHP

I started reading the letter, but was first annoyed by it, then appalled at grammatical atrocities, then bored.  So I closed it and decided that Peter DeFazio and Sean Maloney are ninnies.  

I mean, God's sake. If you're going to send an indicting letter, at least open with an incident concerning the company you're addressing first.  Carnival isn't mentioned until the end of the paragraph.  BAD FORM SHAME SHAME

• Like 6
  • Haha 2

Will be interesting to see how many defense lawyers Donald will surround himself with. And he'd best bring along some extras for the HAL and Princess rocket scientists who kept saying "full speed ahead" from February into mid-March.
     Well, the investors can afford it - they sure won't be paying for fuel for a long while.

• Like 3

12 hours ago, Taters said:

Carnival will not be going anywhere anytime soon.  That letter was really eye opening.  I wonder if they'll comply.

They will be fine.  You are correct, it is eye opening, it shows how totally screwed up that congress can be,.  They will not convene for the American people to pass legislation and they do for this junk.  

• Like 5

55 minutes ago, Don Kehote said:

I mean, God's sake. If you're going to send an indicting letter, at least open with an incident concerning the company you're addressing first.  Carnival isn't mentioned until the end of the paragraph.  BAD FORM SHAME SHAME

It reads to me kind of like, "We weren't really paying attention to you, and here's what made us start paying attention. So don't get mad at us, because Royal Caribbean's issues made us notice!"

• Haha 1

The letter looks like political pandering. It is poorly written.

If blaming China for Covid 19 doesn't stick, we can next try pointing to the cruise lines and -  hey - start with Carnival Corp as they are the largest target.

• Like 3

47 minutes ago, EscapeFromConnecticut said:

Will be interesting to see how many defense lawyers Donald will surround himself with. And he'd best bring along some extras for the HAL and Princess rocket scientists who kept saying "full speed ahead" from February into mid-March.
     Well, the investors can afford it - they sure won't be paying for fuel for a long while.

Carnival has testified before. It is what innocent people and corporations do. Another scapegoat will need to be found.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, EscapeFromConnecticut said:

"I think if you’re a healthy, young person, that there is no reason, if you want to go on a cruise ship, to go on a cruise ship." - Dr. Anthony Fauci, March 9, 2020

Also keep in mind that several politicians, from the Speaker of the House down to local mayors, were encouraging their constituents and tourists to get out and visit public places within their respective districts. Much of the media was still pushing the narrative that the flu is so much worse and there's nothing to worry about. This was all happening in late February and even into March. So if the rest of the country was still up & running, with precautions in many places (to include the cruise industry), why in the world should the cruise industry have voluntarily shut down much sooner? Maybe one could argue that Princess should've shut down sooner than they did, but the overall message being sent out to the public was that everything's fine, no big deal, just be careful.

• Like 9

3 hours ago, BlerkOne said:

Carnival has testified before. It is what innocent people and corporations do. Another scapegoat will need to be found.

One of your best posts

• Like 2

This article was quoted in the letter:

https://www.bloomberg.com/features/2020-carnival-cruise-coronavirus/

Cindy Friedman, the experienced epidemiologist who leads the CDC’s cruise ship task force. “I have a hard time believing they’re just a victim of happenstance.” 

They didn't quote this:  She says its actions created a “huge strain” on the country. “Nobody should be going on cruise ships during this pandemic, full stop,” she says.

My question is: If it was so evident to her (an experienced epidemiologist), why did it take until March 14th for the CDC to issue the No Sail Order? Isn't the CDC supposed to be on top of things that can lead to Pandemics? Why is Carnival being blamed when the CDC was silent?

• Like 5

3 minutes ago, richmke said:

My question is: If it was so evident to her (an experienced epidemiologist), why did it take until March 14th for the CDC to issue the No Sail Order? Isn't the CDC supposed to be on top of things that can lead to Pandemics? Why is Carnival being blamed when the CDC was silent?

They are being used as a scapegoat in an attempt to shift blame from the top. The truth will come out.

The states handling of LTC facilities should be looked at before any investigation into the cruise lines.  There were 484 deaths in nursing homes in Connecticut during the last week of April which compares to only 74 from cruise ships since the start of the crisis. A majority of those were on 2 ships and most were the result poor handling of the infected by various governments.

• Like 2

50 minutes ago, EscapeFromConnecticut said:

NCL may well come out looking OKon the COVID response, but CCL and RCI have richly earned their status: defendants. 

NCL may well come out a subsidiary. Are you turning blue, yet?

• Like 2

I dont know about you guys but I havent been receiving any letters from cruise companies I am subscribed on. I mean, no serious correspondence whats so ever. Hot deals from time to time and notifications to book a new cruise. I understand that the case you guys are discussing is quite serious but I doubt that many people follow.. 

22 minutes ago, BlerkOne said:

It's not my claim, it is fact. All over the TV and the Internet... You can google it. Now who are you and what are your qualifications to challenge?

22 minutes ago, BlerkOne said:

Thank you. A very interesting compilation. My 'qualifications' to a challenge should be abundantly obvious....I am a member of Cruise Critic. And as such I claim that right, as any other CC member has. I apologize if you consider yourself insulted.  

1 minute ago, BlerkOne said:

Thank you, but I was more amused and not insulted. After some of the outrageous claims and false rumors that go unchallenged...

I totally agree. Cheers, mate. 🥂

I would send a three letter response to both committees: GPS. As in go pound sand. This is nothing more than a fishing expedition to see if they can stack any fault for the pandemic under the Portico of The Whitehouse. The Dems will use any means possible to insult the Administration and win the election with Biden.

This is the same type of "inquiry" they used to start the Muller debacle and the Schiff Show collection of lies and innuendo to try the President in the Senate. Both went nowhere productive, and today evidence is coming out that people in high levels of the Obama Administration conspired to spy on the Trump campaign and submit evidence made of whole cloth to prevent the president from winning or taking office. 

I don't believe for a second that Carnival did anything wrong in the operation of their ships in regard to the covid-19 disease, and have in fact bent over backwards until their nose was on the deck behind them to lessen the impact on pax and crew.