We requested a refund of a FCD in the third week of March.  Still waiting for the $.  Sadly, I have no confirmation as Princess does not send out an email confirmation that you cancelled it.  Several weeks later I called Princess.  The rep can see it was requested and said to be patient 😞

3 hours ago, dickinson said:

We requested a refund of a FCD in the third week of March.  Still waiting for the $.  Sadly, I have no confirmation as Princess does not send out an email confirmation that you cancelled it.  Several weeks later I called Princess.  The rep can see it was requested and said to be patient 😞

We cancelled a Fall cruise mid-April ... asked for refund of FCD which was to expire late-Falll.  PVP offered to extend  expiry by 2 years ... I declined.  She estimated 60 days for refund.  My paper trail of all this is my emails with PVP

48 minutes ago, PescadoAmarillo said:

We have been waiting well over two months for a refund of FCDs. 

Thought just struck me.  You and G must be thinking how (now even extra) extremely lucky you have been to have had 10 years of cruising and the whole thing comes tumbling down shortly after you left the Ruby and no plans to cruise this coming season when it likely would have been called off by Princess or you.  Surreal, isn't it?

In mid-March we requested the refund of four FCD's to the CC on record. First phone rep said a few weeks, nothing. So a second call said 60 days. So far, nothing has been posted back to the credit card. Interesting to note that two of the FCD's were set to expire  last week.

Given the current issues surrounding flights and cruise travel, our age, it doesn't look like we'll be doing any cruise travel in he near future. Once things begin to fall into place and there's factual CV19 information and an inoculation, we'll be looking at river cruises. We've done a few and think that will be our safest option, as long as we can get a flight! Still waiting on a refund from Virgin Atlantic, ugh.

In the mean time, we're cleaning the attic and finding old cruise memories, including items from DH's trip from England to Mombasa in 1961 on the British India line the  SS Uganda. The family later sailed on to Mahe, Seychelles. The one first class menu made me cringe. 

Darcy

11 hours ago, Steelers36 said:

Thought just struck me.  You and G must be thinking how (now even extra) extremely lucky you have been to have had 10 years of cruising and the whole thing comes tumbling down shortly after you left the Ruby and no plans to cruise this coming season when it likely would have been called off by Princess or you.  Surreal, isn't it?

We have mentioned that to each other every day since we’ve been home, but it’s nice that someone else recognizes how incredible that timing was and echoes our feelings. Thank you! 😊

15 hours ago, PescadoAmarillo said:

We have been waiting well over two months for a refund of FCDs. 

Same here.  We are waiting for the expenses to be paid that Princess promised when they put us off the cruise in Fort Lauderdale and cancelled the two ongoing cruises.  

7 hours ago, WatchHill said:

we'll be looking at river cruises. We've done a few and think that will be our safest option,

Why would river cruising be safer ? Smaller number of passengers? We are/were thinking of a river cruise next year.

3 hours ago, BigTimeCruiser said:

Same here.  We are waiting for the expenses to be paid that Princess promised when they put us off the cruise in Fort Lauderdale and cancelled the two ongoing cruises.  

I hate to tell you this, Curt, but it took over a year for us to get our incidental expenses reimbursed and our on board statement reconciled after the Pacific Princess incident in Nice. And that was during the good times. 

1 hour ago, Tedferg said:

Why would river cruising be safer ? Smaller number of passengers? We are/were thinking of a river cruise next year.

Yes, smaller passenger compliment. Plus I truly have no interest in all the big boat glitz and amenities. River cruises afford the passengers the opportunity to see cities and towns along the rivers, focus on history and culture, very port intensive, not bingo and shopping talks.  Totally different experience from main line cruise ships. And as DH said, if the current isn't bad, we can swim to shore - hard to do off a 150K ton ship.

Darcy

Edited by WatchHill
2 hours ago, WatchHill said:

Yes, smaller passenger compliment. Plus I truly have no interest in all the big boat glitz and amenities. River cruises afford the passengers the opportunity to see cities and towns along the rivers, focus on history and culture, very port intensive, not bingo and shopping talks.  Totally different experience from main line cruise ships. And as DH said, if the current isn't bad, we can swim to shore - hard to do off a 150K ton ship.

Darcy

We enjoy Ocean cruising, unpack once, new ports to visit each day, food, entertainment, getting together for drinks etc. I guess River cruising provides that too except entertainment will be low key.

15 hours ago, PescadoAmarillo said:

We have mentioned that to each other every day since we’ve been home, but it’s nice that someone else recognizes how incredible that timing was and echoes our feelings. Thank you! 😊

I should ask you to buy me a lottery ticket.  😎

We have been loyal Princess cruises with 25+ cruises over the last 28 years.  I requested a refund of $600 in FCDs on Macrh 18th.  Called after 2 weeks and was told it should take 2 - 4 weeks to issue refunds.  Then I see on CC that others were hearing 60 days.  Lately it has been reported as 90 days.  I still have received nothing back.  With all the new restrictions regarding social distancing and wearing masks I will not be cruising till that situation changes and a vaccine is available.  I just want my money back.  It shouldn't take this long.  And the excuse that Princess is overburdened with requests is quite frankly a bunch of BS.  Process the refund request over the phone or via internet request, hit the "refund" button and the computer should do the rest.  Princess - stop making excuses.

I phoned Princess again today. One of the FCDs we wanted refunded had not been handled correctly (it was still appearing in DH’s Captains Circle account) and I did get that taken care of. But in terms of the timing of $3400 of FCD refunds that we have requested...Princess will no longer say 60 or 90 days. Now it’s a matter of we’ll get them when we get them. 

On 5/5/2020 at 10:25 PM, Steelers36 said:

I have been silently following your blog all these years and have always enjoyed your travels. Was sad when you said 2019/20 may be your last for a while and now thinking you have amazing timing👍👍

4 hours ago, PescadoAmarillo said:

But in terms of the timing of $3400 of FCD refunds that we have requested...Princess will no longer say 60 or 90 days. Now it’s a matter of we’ll get them when we get them. 

Besides the overwhelming number of cancelled cruises to process, I wonder if Princess has cut back on the staff that processes refunds in order to conserve cash flow.

The processing of refunds should not require a special person to do that.  All other merchants and companies are able to provide a refund without a problem within a few days.  CCL and Princess have deliberately chosen to hold on to our money.  This is not right and certainly putting a sour taste in the mouth of many cruisers.  If this was any other business establishment most people would choose to boycott them and move on to another company.  Unfortunately I think, although I have no personal knowledge, that all the cruise companies are handling this similarly.

Edited by TM
14 hours ago, PescadoAmarillo said:

I phoned Princess again today. One of the FCDs we wanted refunded had not been handled correctly (it was still appearing in DH’s Captains Circle account) and I did get that taken care of. But in terms of the timing of $3400 of FCD refunds that we have requested...Princess will no longer say 60 or 90 days. Now it’s a matter of we’ll get them when we get them. 

Really sad.  I just watched the Webinar from May 7th by the Princess, SVP of Sales.  He didn't give any definitive time period that they will be taking in processing refunds for cruises.  Rather open ended.  Also, no firm position on the proposed over 70 doctor's letter until all of the CLIA agrees on what to do.

11 hours ago, caribill said:

Besides the overwhelming number of cancelled cruises to process, I wonder if Princess has cut back on the staff that processes refunds in order to conserve cash flow.

One would think they might train some of the booking agents, who are probably less busy now, in how to process refunds - at least processing simpler refunds like pre-paid cruise elements such as excursions, drink packages, etc, and FCD's.

2 hours ago, TM said:

The processing of refunds should not require a special person to do that.  All other merchants and companies are able to provide a refund without a problem within a few days.  

Not to disagree with you, just a comment. We had a concert cancelled because of Covid-19 and Brown Paper tickets is taking four to five weeks to process refund. It is about a month and have not seen refund yet. They have many concerts to handle and some vendors are asking patrons to make tickets a charity contribution instead of a refund. So not straightforward.

Not saying this is apples to apples, just an example of another vendor taking a longer time than is usual.