Cash refund

antsp

The facts seem to support that any refunds due from March cancellations were paid promptly but by April they became overwhelmed so we now have to wait!!!

From the posts on these threads ( also from my TA) it seems that the excursions and EZair etc should have been put back on the card almost immediately. That is the issue I am having. I expect the cruise fare refund to take till June. I am going to try my TA and get a follow up when it is the one month mark at the end of this week.

• Like 1

I was referring to posts on threads where the posters report that they have received the excursions/ EZair refunds very promptly but only refunds for cruise fares up to April 1st departures.

Edited by gmjc2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, famski740 said:

rocklinmom -- I did the same thing and my TA cancelled on March 9th.  I received what was suppose to be a total cash refund which was credited to my credit card on March 11th.  The problem is that the person that processed my refund didn't know how to read a booking notice and withheld $534.56 in cancellation fees.   I called and talked with a customer service rep and after an hour on the phone everyone agreed that a mistake was made by them and that I would get the rest of my refund in 7 - 10 days.  It is now May 8th and I have yet to see the refund.  I have sent many emails and have finally talked with Jan Swartz's office and they promised me I would see the refund by May 12th (60 days from the the time the error was found and processed (March 13th).  We will see.

Hmm that's weird. Does your TA charge a cancellation fee? Some do. If not, then yes someone at Princess did it wrong.

• Like 1

Strange because i read several posts that said they had received all back to the card within one week or less when they were referring to March cancellations. What I am confused about is that we were told that if we cancelled then we got only FCC not refunds so I do not know how these guys got cruise fare refunded. We waited till the April 14th cruise shut down by the CDC before we got cancelled by Princess. Then we requested the credit card refund. We were told the other fees would be refunded very quickly but 60 days for the cruise fare. If you were promised cruise fare refund then I suggest you contact them at the 60 day mark. maybe you were unlucky and your request hit just as the swift processed ones stopped.!!

Good Luck.

1 minute ago, CarelessAndConfused said:

Allow me to clarify.  There are clearly more people that got March refunds if it was for a sail date prior to the mass cancellation on 3/12.  So if you sailed in early March and the cruise stopped short, or if Princess cancelled an early March cruise, or something to that effect, some of those folks seem to have gotten refunds back.  Plenty of them even to this day have reporting getting nothing in terms of cruise fare cash refund. 

Forget luck.  I'm not relying on Princess after the litany of lies that they have publicly and privately issued to all of us.  I disputed all charges earlier this week for 5 cruises and all related charges.

Wow! 5 cruises! We had 2 booked, one with Cunard that was sail date March 17th. We have not received anything from either one. I am checking with the TA on the Cunard next Weds as they will have had their 60 days.  Then I will also dispute the charges if they do not get the credit in by Friday. Princess I will wait the 60 days. I think that is only fair. After that well I will dispute that one also!!  What a mess!!

Also we have airline issues. Southwest would not let us get a refund for our May 15th flight to Seattle for the may 16 th cruise. They gave us Future flight credit only. As we seldom fly that is a real bummer! Our flight back from Europe after the Cunard cruise was not cancelled until the last minute and they are promising a refund but we will not hold our breathes as they are in financial trouble and can't even pay their pilots. I think I will dispute it on the card!  See what happens!!

Edited by gmjc2

2 hours ago, famski740 said:

rocklinmom -- I did the same thing and my TA cancelled on March 9th.  I received what was suppose to be a total cash refund which was credited to my credit card on March 11th.  The problem is that the person that processed my refund didn't know how to read a booking notice and withheld $534.56 in cancellation fees.   I called and talked with a customer service rep and after an hour on the phone everyone agreed that a mistake was made by them and that I would get the rest of my refund in 7 - 10 days.  It is now May 8th and I have yet to see the refund.  I have sent many emails and have finally talked with Jan Swartz's office and they promised me I would see the refund by May 12th (60 days from the the time the error was found and processed (March 13th).  We will see.

According to my TA - I have an amount that is supposed to be refunded (which wasn't) which is about 25% of my cruise plus hotels, plus air plus taxes and then a huge amount that is cancellation fees.

Those of us who cancelled before the pause - many of us have this. A week later, they said we could be included in the pause and get our money back but my booking has not changed at all. It still shows a huge cancellation fee. I have spoken to my TA, she has spoken to Princess multiple times, I have spoken to Princess multiple times and they all agree I will get my money back but now one knows when. 

I was supposed to be gone for 30 days so my booking is $$$$.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, CarelessAndConfused said:

I did the same with 2 Air Canada flights between California and Vancouver BC.  They cancelled the flights but don't want to issue a refund and I don't see being able to use a two year credit.  5+ would have been okay enough.  I disputed those two along with all of the Princess.  I did let Princess slide on two $7.08 charges for water.

That is unfortunate. I had 2 business seats on Air Canada to Madrid booked through Aeroplan. No charge or fees to cancel, reinstated my miles. Immediate refund of taxes/ fees to credit card.