Jump to content
Cruise Critic Community
Ourusualbeach

Cruise with confidence enhanced

Recommended Posts

1 minute ago, Milwaukee Eight said:

Well, smart play by Royal to get more operating cash flow. I guess the modified CWC works for some. I just can’t see giving them more cash at this time  

 

How long is the FCC good for under the current CWC?  
 

Thanks

April 2022

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 Just spoke to an RC advisor - he said in theory I can book a GS on Explorer this August (2020) today which is a new booking approx €8000 and then lift and shift to Harmony 2021 which would be approx €12000 - is this correct?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, smush21 said:

is this correct?

The answer here doesn't matter - you might get three different answers when you call back to L&S.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Biker19 said:

The answer here doesn't matter - you might get three different answers when you call back to L&S.

Just keep calling until you get the right answer???

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
2 minutes ago, smush21 said:

Just keep calling until you get the right answer???

Yes, but you are still taking a chance booking Explorer and then not getting the L&S approved - we have plenty of reporting that some are getting denied - it all depends on the details of the two sailings and perhaps the mood of the phone rep.

Edited by Biker19

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Biker19 said:

Yes, but you are still taking a chance booking Explorer and then not getting the L&S approved - we have plenty of reporting that some are getting denied - it all depends on the details of the two sailings and perhaps the mood of the phone rep.

Perfect - its a maybe then, it might be worth trying...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, smush21 said:

Perfect - its a maybe then, it might be worth trying...

I think you should just try to do it all with the same phone call. You would have a better shot than making a reservation and then calling later to move it and getting a different answer. Also, if you book a refundable deposit and things don't work to your satisfaction you can just cancel the whole reservation.

 

Edit: Hmmm, I just noticed you are in Ireland. I'm not sure if that changes things for you or not.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I just wanted to thank Oursusualbeach for posting all the info you have.  I was able to use the Lift & Shift and probably would never have known about it had you not posted the info a few days ago.

 

We were a bit concerned about sailing in October and now we have rebooked for October 2021.  The price for the new cruise is almost $1000 higher than what we were to pay for this year's cruise.  Getting the new cruise for the initial price is wonderful even if we lost the $18 drink package.

 

Thanks again.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just to let everyone know, if they want there is now an A1 2-bedroom Aquatheatre suite available on Harmony of the Seas in January 2021 for the Jan 20 Western cruise.

 

We did a L&S to the Symphony for Jan 2022. We are very pleased as normally we would travel from Australia to the US for 3 weeks doing a Disney / Universal / Shopping trip with a weeks cruise. Not knowing if the borders would be open or if we would need to quarantine coming home, moving the holiday by a year saved us a lot of stress. It is likely that we would have just eaten the $1K or moved it to an Australian 2022 cruise and taken the $400 change fee, but moving it one year into the future made us feel a lot better.

 

The Symphony 2022 cruise was retailing about $5K more expansive than the Harmony 2021 cruise, but we were given the new room at the same price as Harmony.  The only cost difference was $170 increase in port fees. Both were western Caribbean with exactly the same ports.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 hours ago, weejasser said:

Does the category name have to be identical?

We currently have two connecting ocean view balcony rooms on Harmony that are classed 6D however Harmony is in Europe next year so the closest is Symphony but the connecting rooms on it are classed CB (connecting balcony). Does that qualify? thx

 

I have this same question. I am booked on Symphony and May 1, 2021 they are going to reclassify room categories and are adding CB. So if I have two ocean view balcony connecting today, they won't match next year.

 

It also looks like they are adding CI connecting interior as well.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Is the lift & shift only for existing reservations or can you make a new one for August and shift it?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@Ourusualbeach

 

Thank you so much for your guidance on this. Apart from the Royal Caribbean cruise, I am also doing a Cruise with Confidence change to a Celebrity cruise. (Cancelling a Jan 2022 cruise and using the FCC to an existing 2021 cruise.) I know this is the Royal thread but in the Celebrity Terms and Conditions there is this line "...To receive the benefit of “Cruise with Confidence” guests must opt-in by calling CEL at 1-800-437-3111..." Do we have to do this to Royal Cruises? If we want to cancel up to 48 hours before a cruise for any cruise booked before the start of August even if it is in May 2022, or get a price reduction as OBC after final payment, do we need to register and Opt-In for these benefits?

 

I couldn't find equivalent Royal fine print.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hello all and Thank You for this thread ... We are Currently booked B2B on Empress January and February 2021 and would like to transfer to same time 2022 .... if I'm reading right this is doable ?

 

   Thank You again and Take Care and Stay Safe

 

       Brian

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, BrianB said:

Hello all and Thank You for this thread ... We are Currently booked B2B on Empress January and February 2021 and would like to transfer to same time 2022 .... if I'm reading right this is doable ?

 

   Thank You again and Take Care and Stay Safe

 

       Brian

 

 

Correct!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Good news this morning.  I was able to use Lift and Shift to change our Oasis Sept. 20, 2020 sailing to Oasis Sept. 13, 2021.  Unlike my other Oasis sailing which was denied due to being booked under Friends and Family , this one was booked through Casino Royale.  We had a $200 voucher to use which is why we went through the casino phone number instead of the C and A number.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Ocean Boy said:

I think you should just try to do it all with the same phone call. You would have a better shot than making a reservation and then calling later to move it and getting a different answer. Also, if you book a refundable deposit and things don't work to your satisfaction you can just cancel the whole reservation.

 

Edit: Hmmm, I just noticed you are in Ireland. I'm not sure if that changes things for you or not.

You have to wait 24 hours after booking to shift it

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/7/2020 at 7:57 AM, redsox1584 said:

I am booked on Freedom out of San Juan in September. It is a southern Caribbean itinerary. I have looked at the cruises for 2021 within 4 weeks of my departure date and there are no 7 day Southern Caribbean cruises. There are plenty of Eastern & Western. Do you think they would honor the Lift & Shift because there are no Southern itineraries?

Did you try to switch?  Any luck?  I was told twice that the itinerary has to be Southern and there are no Southern Caribbean itineraries within the four weeks.  So... I can't take advantage of this offer.  Kind of frustrating since I am sure they will cancel.  I guess I will just hold out hope it sails.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/6/2020 at 10:31 AM, MississippiMom said:

RCCL, if you are "listening" out there . . . Give us lots and lots of detail on "lift and shift."  When you think you have given us all enough detail, you haven't.  We have more questions.  We all have lots of "what ifs."

I have not looked at this in detail, but I can assume it was written by the legal team with lots of outs.  It may also be that case of ready, fire, aim with more unknowns than knowns.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
46 minutes ago, jp2746 said:

Did you try to switch?  Any luck?  I was told twice that the itinerary has to be Southern and there are no Southern Caribbean itineraries within the four weeks.  So... I can't take advantage of this offer.  Kind of frustrating since I am sure they will cancel.  I guess I will just hold out hope it sails.

I haven’t tried to switch yet. I’m going to research the options this weekend and go from there. I had my heart set on the ABC islands so I might just move to a different date even though it is more expensive. I was considering trying to switch to an Eastern on Symphony but have not committed to anything yet. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Hello Ourusualbeach  can I say you are doing great work helping people.

I have question for you that I hope you can share your opinion.

I have a Croatia and Greece cruise for 7 days in August and we had a promotion of flights for a penny included.

I phoned RCI in the UK and was told it would only cover the cruise part and we would have to pay for our flights.

I am not too happy about this as the flights would cost us an extra  £575 ($715) 

What are your thoughts on this.

 

Edited by orla56

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

Good news.

 

I was able to use Lift and Shift to change our Rhapsody of the Seas sailing on July 2020 to Odyssey of the Seas sailing on July 2021.  The same oceanview guarantee cabin.  Btw, I just booked Rhapsody of the Seas yesterday.  Save us $ 1300.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, cruiserRay55 said:

 

Good news.

 

I was able to use Lift and Shift to change our Rhapsody of the Seas sailing on July 2020 to Odyssey of the Seas sailing on July 2021.  The same oceanview guarantee cabin.  Btw, I just booked Rhapsody of the Seas yesterday.  Save us $ 1300.

 

I just don't know why they are allowing that, why not just call up and book Odyssey of the Seas and just name the price like you did what you want to pay?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, redsox1584 said:

I haven’t tried to switch yet. I’m going to research the options this weekend and go from there. I had my heart set on the ABC islands so I might just move to a different date even though it is more expensive. I was considering trying to switch to an Eastern on Symphony but have not committed to anything yet. 

I tried to switch to an Eastern on Symphony and was shot down twice.  So, let me know what you do and what your results are.  I love Aruba and Curacao but have never been to Bonaire.  I was also looking forward to that itinerary.  But there isn't anything going out of San Juan to ABC islands next summer.  I would say West Beach in Roatan was my favorite port, but Aruba and Curacao were the most beautiful places I have ever been.  

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Jimbo said:

I just don't know why they are allowing that, why not just call up and book Odyssey of the Seas and just name the price like you did what you want to pay?

 

I guess the feel these cruises are going to cancel or people are going to cancel. So instead of adding them to the list of refunds, just hold onto those funds and shift the reservation.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Forum Jump
    • Categories
      • Forum Assistance
      • SPECIAL EVENT: Q&A with the Quark Expeditions Team!
      • New Cruisers
      • Cruise Lines “A – O”
      • Cruise Lines “P – Z”
      • River Cruising
      • ROLL CALLS
      • Digital Photography & Cruise Technology
      • Member Cruise Reviews
      • Special Interest Cruising
      • Cruise Discussion Topics
      • UK Cruising
      • Australia & New Zealand Cruisers
      • North American Homeports
      • Ports of Call
      • Cruise Conversations
×
×
  • Create New...