Jump to content

Cruise with confidence enhanced


Recommended Posts

17 minutes ago, Biker19 said:

They could very well have realized that they provided too much latitude initially, scaled back allowable scenarios and the web site will be the last place they update.

They should at least make TAs aware if that is the case.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

35 minutes ago, Kokomo91165 said:


You need to escalate this.  In their FAQ on this, it gives an example:

——-

SCENARIOS
Different Ship:

 
If my client is currently confirmed on Explorer of the Seas in Europe this August 2020. Is my
client able to book on Harmony of the Seas in September 2021?


Absolutely! As long as your client is sailing next year on a departure that falls within a 4-week span of their original sail date, he/she is able to enjoy a cruise onboard the Harmony of the Seas in Europe within the same stateroom and on a sailing of the same length.

 

———

 

Go lookup Explorer and Harmony. One does Greece, the others does Spain & Italy.  Totally different parts of Mediterranean.

Thank you. Could you post the actual link?. I have an allure out of Barcelona and see an anthem out of London. Both Europe. One med and one northern, so this may apply to me as well. I want to have all the info possible when I call.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Billy Baltic said:

Has anyone any experience getting flexibility on the 4 week window for lift and shift? We’re looking at a potential L&S but it’s 4 weeks and 3 days. 

My L&S change was the same 9N itinerary almost 5 weeks later (4 weeks, 6 days) but quickly approved with no problems.

Wishing you success, also!

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Thinking about possibly doing a lift and switch on the Oasis from Aug 20 to Aug 21.  Another option would be to take my refundable deposit,  not make final payment and book the Anthem for August of 22 when cabins open for sale.

So opinions please comparing the Anthem versus the amped up Oasis.  Itineraries and departure ports would be the same.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I have a March 2021 (5n Western out of Fort Lauderdale) booking on the Independence of the Seas.  Can I use "Lift and Shift" to move it to March 2022 (5n Western out of Fort Lauderdale)?  If I can "Lift and Shift" will the final payment be due 90 days prior to March 2022?  Thanks in advance for any info you can provide.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

24 minutes ago, bamdoo said:

I have a March 2021 (5n Western out of Fort Lauderdale) booking on the Independence of the Seas.  Can I use "Lift and Shift" to move it to March 2022 (5n Western out of Fort Lauderdale)?  If I can "Lift and Shift" will the final payment be due 90 days prior to March 2022?  Thanks in advance for any info you can provide.

 

Yes, that should work and final payment is 90 days before the new date

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Whew 23 pages to read and still not 100% sure I know my answer. 

 

Where did we land on the L&S policy for cruises that were canceled by RCI, not the passenger? I have a June 7, 2020 cruise that's obviously in the cancel range (missed out by 4 days!).. I saw some conflicting posts about whether it could L&S. Thought I'd check here first before calling in tomorrow. My TA doesn't know and sat on hold over an hour two times today before she had to do other stuff. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, irishgal432 said:

Thank you. Could you post the actual link?. I have an allure out of Barcelona and see an anthem out of London. Both Europe. One med and one northern, so this may apply to me as well. I want to have all the info possible when I call.

That example for the Explorer and Harmony At least has the fact that they both port out of Rome.  Explorer is only out of Rome and Harmony’s itinerary has her interpreting in a Rome as well as Barcelona.  Unfortunately I don’t think they will consider AN out of Southampton comparable. 

Edited by Ourusualbeach
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, robmtx said:

Whew 23 pages to read and still not 100% sure I know my answer. 

 

Where did we land on the L&S policy for cruises that were canceled by RCI, not the passenger? I have a June 7, 2020 cruise that's obviously in the cancel range (missed out by 4 days!).. I saw some conflicting posts about whether it could L&S. Thought I'd check here first before calling in tomorrow. My TA doesn't know and sat on hold over an hour two times today before she had to do other stuff. 

Not covered.  You cannot apply the L&S yo any sailing that was cancelled prior to the announcement.  

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, CategoryQ said:

Got denied a L&S moving from a Western Caribbean to Western Caribbean with Perfect Day at Coco Cay.

Has anyone had success doing this?

As long as the days are the same, you should have no problem.   This is why using a TA helps because they should be dealing with CSRs that are more knowledgeable

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, SNJCruisers said:

As long as the days are the same, you should have no problem.   This is why using a TA helps because they should be dealing with CSRs that are more knowledgeable

Not always.  I dealt with one ‘this morning who moved the reservation for a client but didn’t price protect it.  He tried to tell me that was only for sailings inside of final payment. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, Kokomo91165 said:

Go lookup Explorer and Harmony. One does Greece, the others does Spain & Italy.  Totally different parts of Mediterranean.

It’s about where they port.  Explorer ports in Rome And Harmony does Barcelona and Rome (interports).  Crazy logic as they are different itineraries. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 hours ago, orla56 said:

Hello Ourusualbeach  can I say you are doing great work helping people.

I have question for you that I hope you can share your opinion.

I have a Croatia and Greece cruise for 7 days in August and we had a promotion of flights for a penny included.

I phoned RCI in the UK and was told it would only cover the cruise part and we would have to pay for our flights.

I am not too happy about this as the flights would cost us an extra  £575 ($715) 

What are your thoughts on this.

 

Unfortunately I’m  not familiar with Any of the UK terms.  Nothing like that has ever been run over here. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 5/7/2020 at 9:35 PM, Cruiser24 said:

Ken -  is there any mention in your TA information from Royal or was it mentioned during the Webinar, that those with Friends and Family fares are not allowed to use the Lift and Shift option?  The way I read it, it worked with any promotion.  Thanks for your help.

Friends and family, discounted and TA rates not included. 

 

14. Do all rate codes qualify for Cruise with Confidence?
When opting for the Future Cruise Credit, all rate codes apply, with no restrictions. Select restricted rates are ineligible for Lift & Shift and Best Price Guarantee - including but not limited to Net rates, Casino rates, Travel Agent Friends & Family rates, Travel Agent Reduced rates, and complimentary staterooms.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, CruisinCanuck63 said:

Ken, now that I see you are live.  Just wanted to let you know I was successful moving a NYE to Xmas cruise.  It just took a couple of calls and some persistence.  

Great news.  I was on the phone for over 7 hours today.  5 hours on hold in 4 phone calls.  
 

Great news about being able to move your cruise.  I forget, what are you sailing on next year at Christmas. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Ourusualbeach said:

Great news.  I was on the phone for over 7 hours today.  5 hours on hold in 4 phone calls.  
 

Great news about being able to move your cruise.  I forget, what are you sailing on next year at Christmas. 

Moved an 8 day Empress Eastern NYE to an 8 day Symphony Xmas Eastern w Perfect Day.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, Ourusualbeach said:

That’s a huge upgrade.

 

Christmas usually works better for us with travel days but I would love to do another NYE cruise.

Symphony was a great compromise as it leaves Dec. 23 and arrives in Miami Dec. 31.  Splits the school holiday nicely.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

  • Forum Jump
    • Categories
      • Announcement: Sail with Marella Cruises ~ Sponsored by Marella Cruises
      • Forum Assistance
      • Q&A: Princess Cruises - Medallion Masters!
      • New Cruisers
      • Cruise Lines “A – O”
      • Cruise Lines “P – Z”
      • River Cruising
      • ROLL CALLS
      • Digital Photography & Cruise Technology
      • Special Interest Cruising
      • Cruise Discussion Topics
      • UK Cruising
      • Australia & New Zealand Cruisers
      • Canadian Cruisers
      • North American Homeports
      • Ports of Call
      • Cruise Conversations
×
×
  • Create New...