Jump to content
Cruise Critic Community
Ourusualbeach

Cruise with confidence enhanced

Recommended Posts

12 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

Yes, the cruise with confidence policy extends until April of 2022.  taking the L&S does not exclude you from cancelliing later under the 48 hour guarantee

Thank you!!!  Glad to know this.  You have been very helpful to so many people  through figuring out options, etc.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Sorry if this was asked already. But can you use the Best price guarantee, then do a lift and shift.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, jptoz said:

Sorry if this was asked already. But can you use the Best price guarantee, then do a lift and shift.

I assume that you are after final payment. If so the difference in price is issued as OBC.  Not sure if that will carry through to the new reservation or not when they do the L&S. 

 

the FAQ’s did not cover that scenario. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Can a Bahamas Itinerary with CocoCay be lifted to a Caribbean with CocoCay?

I read somewhere as long as one of the stops match and they seem picky about CocoCay.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, LorraineP said:

Have B2B on Oasis leaving from Bayonne 10/11/20, final payment is July 8th if I decide to go forward with final payment will I have the option to cancel 48 hours prior to sailIng with Cruise with Confidence?

Advice PLEASE

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We had an April 2020 7 Night Southern Caribbean Cruise on Freedom that was cancelled by RCCL so we were issued a 125% FCC.  We rebooked the same cruise for February 2021 and are out of pocket $100 USD.  No big deal considering the time of year and we went through an agency that offered many perks (should be honoured since RCCL protecting commissions on rebooking too). 

 

We also booked August 2020 7 Night Western Mediterranean on Explorer out of Rome in a Junior Suite for 2687.00 CDN.  We did a lift & shift for August 2021 7 Night Western Mediterranean on Harmony of the Seas out Barcelona in a junior suite without too much hassle.  The current rate is 7014.00 CDN 🤭

 

FCC took a while to be issued and we're still waiting for the refund of our port fees & taxes and the lift & shift took close to two hours to complete, but I could not be happier with what we've rebooked.  Honestly, even when we have hiccups with Royal Caribbean they have always done right by us at the end of the day and we thoroughly enjoy our vacations with them.  I'm happy to continue to support!

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Ourusualbeach said:

Yes, the cruise with confidence policy extends until April of 2022.  taking the L&S does not exclude you from cancelliing later under the 48 hour guarantee

Ourusualbeach - I have another question re: lift and shift.  Our November 2020 cruise is the Explorer Transatlantic.  We have been looking at the 2021 Odyssey transatlantic in 2021 since it is also leaving from Rome.  Would the lift and shift work with the Harmony TA leaving Barcelona in the right time frame?  Not really a similar itinerary so that could be a factor I suppose?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Ginlyn said:

Ourusualbeach - I have another question re: lift and shift.  Our November 2020 cruise is the Explorer Transatlantic.  We have been looking at the 2021 Odyssey transatlantic in 2021 since it is also leaving from Rome.  Would the lift and shift work with the Harmony TA leaving Barcelona in the right time frame?  Not really a similar itinerary so that could be a factor I suppose?

Are they the same number of days?  I would still call to enquire about this 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Anyone have experience with adding guests after a lift and shift.  Looking at booking an AQUA Theater Suite for the fall, and can book it for 2 right now and if it sails then great but may shift by August 1st and add 2 of our children if we lift and shift?  It is also a kids sail free, so may just add a ghost child holding the spot and change later.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, smush21 said:

Just wanted to let everyone know that I managed to do a l & s from Explorer for Aug 20 (which I booked yesterday!)to Harmony Aug 2021. It will be our first time in a suite -  a GT which i think is a 2 bed family suite. Hopefully things will be back to normal by then. Very painless process about 18 min in all on the phone. 

 

Just did something crazy, looks like our 2nd cruise to Alaska will have to wait next year until another year..........The price SMUSH found was to good to pass up. Thank you

I took an  Owners Suite for Europe for just $3729.54 ......Booked it for 7 days August 23 2020 ( Rome to Rome) , now to Lift  it and Shift it to 2021.

Now when doing this can I shift it to any 7 day Europe no matter what departure port and arrival port? Doesn't matter which class ship either right? just has to be between the dates  July 23rd to September 23rd, is that correct? and cabin has to be an Owners Suite ?

 

Have I got it all right?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, smush21 said:

Just wanted to let everyone know that I managed to do a l & s from Explorer for Aug 20 (which I booked yesterday!)to Harmony Aug 2021. It will be our first time in a suite -  a GT which i think is a 2 bed family suite. Hopefully things will be back to normal by then. Very painless process about 18 min in all on the phone. 

Did you book through royal or a TA?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

Are they the same number of days?  I would still call to enquire about this 

The Odyssey TA (14 days) leaves from Rome on Oct. 28, 2021 with three port stops and the Harmony (14 days)  leaves from Barcelona on October 31, 2021 but only one port stop 😏.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
7 minutes ago, irishgal432 said:

Did you book through royal or a TA?

Royal on Computer

Edited by Jimbo

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
20 minutes ago, Jimbo said:

 

Just did something crazy, looks like our 2nd cruise to Alaska will have to wait next year until another year..........The price SMUSH found was to good to pass up. Thank you

I took an  Owners Suite for Europe for just $3729.54 ......Booked it for 7 days August 23 2020 ( Rome to Rome) , now to Lift  it and Shift it to 2021.

Now when doing this can I shift it to any 7 day Europe no matter what departure port and arrival port? Doesn't matter which class ship either right? just has to be between the dates  July 23rd to September 23rd, is that correct? and cabin has to be an Owners Suite ?

 

Have I got it all right?

I  was told it had to be the same itinerary, destinations and length within the same 4 week time period the following year (departure ports and ships can be different).  In our case we had the explorer of the seas 7 night Western Mediterranean out of Rome and we shifted to a 7 night West Med on Harmony out of Barcelona.  Same category J4 to J4.  The representative I spoke to indicated that the itinerary (ports of call) itself is what makes eligible for the lift and shift.  

Edited by RG306

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, Ginlyn said:

The Odyssey TA (14 days) leaves from Rome on Oct. 28, 2021 with three port stops and the Harmony (14 days)  leaves from Barcelona on October 31, 2021 but only one port stop 😏.  

Sounds like it shouldn’t be a problem. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
Heads up for another deal if anyone is interested: $3322 with D+ Discount and Resident Discount.  Keep in mind you cannot switch to holiday sailings in 2021.
 
December 13-20th, 2020 Allure Western, Labadee, Jamcia and Cozumel
 
Grand Suite - 1 bedroom
$5,358.00
2 Guests
Deck 7 Room 7254
CAS Offer NRD
-$50.00
Resident NRD
-$485.00
30% Savings NRD
-$1,519.00
Balc Suite NRD
-$250.00
Subtotal:
$3,054.00
Taxes & Fees
$268.84
Total For Room (after discounts)
$3,322.84
 
Edited by irishgal432

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 

 

Just did something crazy, looks like our 2nd cruise to Alaska will have to wait next year until another year..........The price SMUSH found was to good to pass up. Thank you

I took an  Owners Suite for Europe for just $3729.54 ......Booked it for 7 days August 23 2020 ( Rome to Rome) , now to Lift  it and Shift it to 2021.

Now when doing this can I shift it to any 7 day Europe no matter what departure port and arrival port? Doesn't matter which class ship either right? just has to be between the dates  July 23rd to September 23rd, is that correct? and cabin has to be an Owners Suite ?

 

Have I got it all right?

So this is our itinerary, so what are our choices to shift to?

Sun, Aug 23: Rome (Civitavecchia) - Italy
(Depart 5:00 PM)
Mon, Aug 24: Cruising
Tue, Aug 25: Valencia - Spain
(8:00 AM - 6:00 PM)
Wed, Aug 26: Palma De Mallorca - Spain
(9:00 AM - 5:00 PM)
Thu, Aug 27: Barcelona - Spain
(7:00 AM - 7:00 PM)
Fri, Aug 28: Nice (Villefranche) - France
(11:00 AM - 8:00 PM)
Sat, Aug 29: Florence/Pisa(Laspezia)Italy
(7:00 AM - 7:00 PM)
Sun, Aug 30: Rome (Civitavecchia) - Italy
(Arrive 5:00 AM)

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
8 minutes ago, Jimbo said:
 

 

Just did something crazy, looks like our 2nd cruise to Alaska will have to wait next year until another year..........The price SMUSH found was to good to pass up. Thank you

I took an  Owners Suite for Europe for just $3729.54 ......Booked it for 7 days August 23 2020 ( Rome to Rome) , now to Lift  it and Shift it to 2021.

Now when doing this can I shift it to any 7 day Europe no matter what departure port and arrival port? Doesn't matter which class ship either right? just has to be between the dates  July 23rd to September 23rd, is that correct? and cabin has to be an Owners Suite ?

 

Have I got it all right?

So this is our itinerary, so what are our choices to shift to?

Sun, Aug 23: Rome (Civitavecchia) - Italy
(Depart 5:00 PM)
Mon, Aug 24: Cruising
Tue, Aug 25: Valencia - Spain
(8:00 AM - 6:00 PM)
Wed, Aug 26: Palma De Mallorca - Spain
(9:00 AM - 5:00 PM)
Thu, Aug 27: Barcelona - Spain
(7:00 AM - 7:00 PM)
Fri, Aug 28: Nice (Villefranche) - France
(11:00 AM - 8:00 PM)
Sat, Aug 29: Florence/Pisa(Laspezia)Italy
(7:00 AM - 7:00 PM)
Sun, Aug 30: Rome (Civitavecchia) - Italy
(Arrive 5:00 AM)

 


You need to find an 7 nt cruise with a similar itinerary that is 4 weeks either side of Aug 23, 2021 with an available Owner's Suite. Price you paid will be protected for new cruise. 

 

new terms 2.jpg

Edited by suzyluvs2cruise

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, RG306 said:

I  was told it had to be the same itinerary, destinations and length within the same 4 week time period the following year (departure ports and ships can be different).  In our case we had the explorer of the seas 7 night Western Mediterranean out of Rome and we shifted to a 7 night West Med on Harmony out of Barcelona.  Same category J4 to J4.  The representative I spoke to indicated that the itinerary (ports of call) itself is what makes eligible for the lift and shift.  

Here are the FAQ’s that Royal has posted on the TA website.

 

Different Ship:
 •

If my client is currently confirmed on Explorer of the Seas in Europe this August 2020. Is my client able to book on Harmony of the Seas in September 2021?

Absolutely! As long as your client is sailing next year on a departure that falls within a 4-week span of their original sail date, he/she is able to enjoy a cruise onboard the Harmony of the Seas in Europe within the same stateroom and on a sailing of the same length.


My client is confirmed on the Open Jaw Alaska itinerary onboard Radiance of the Seas departing August 21, 2020 and is interested in moving to the Roundtrip Alaska itinerary onboard Ovation of the Seas departing August 20, 2021. Does this qualify for Lift & Shift?
Assuming your client confirms the same stateroom category, yes, this scenario will qualify for Lift & Shift as the sailing length, itinerary type, and timing meet the required criteria


Different Sailing Length:

If my client was booked on a 4-night Bahamas cruise onboard Mariner of the Seas in October 2020 and now wishes to move to a 3-Night weekend getaway onboard the same ship in October 2021, can my client take advantage of Lift & Shift as long as the same stateroom category is selected?
Though the same itinerary, stateroom category, and 4-week cruise window were selected, unfortunately, Lift & Shift is only applicable on sailings of the same length. If your clients would like to reconsider, we will happily protect the pricing and promotional offerings on a 4-Night Bahamas cruise in October 2021.


Different Inventory Type:


• If my client would like to Lift & Shift from 2020 to the same cruise in 2021 but would now prefer a balcony stateroom over their prior oceanview. Is this possible?
If desired, your client is certainly able to upgrade to balcony accommodations, though under prevailing pricing and promotional offerings. Unfortunately, prior rates and promotions will not carry through.
 
Different Timing:


• My client is currently confirmed on Oasis of the Seas departing Fort Lauderdale on December 6, 2020 and wishes to Lift & Shift this reservation to Oasis of the Seas departing Miami on December 19, 2021. Is this feasible?
Since December 19, 2021 is a Christmas sailing and the current reservation is confirmed on a non- holiday December cruise, unfortunately, Lift & Shift does not apply.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If my current cruise is Western Caribbean on Allure of the Seas (Labadee, Jamaica, Cozumel) and I want to switch to a Western Caribbean on Symphony (Cozumel, Costa Maya, Coco Cay) - is that eligible for Lift and Shift?  Thank you!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
3 minutes ago, Kokomo91165 said:

If my current cruise is Western Caribbean on Allure of the Seas (Labadee, Jamaica, Cozumel) and I want to switch to a Western Caribbean on Symphony (Cozumel, Costa Maya, Coco Cay) - is that eligible for Lift and Shift?  Thank you!

From what I read they might try to stop you because one includes CocoCay And has a different itinerary name Western vs western plus perfect day. 

Edited by Ourusualbeach

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

Here are the FAQ’s that Royal has posted on the TA website.

 

Different Ship:
 •

If my client is currently confirmed on Explorer of the Seas in Europe this August 2020. Is my client able to book on Harmony of the Seas in September 2021?

Absolutely! As long as your client is sailing next year on a departure that falls within a 4-week span of their original sail date, he/she is able to enjoy a cruise onboard the Harmony of the Seas in Europe within the same stateroom and on a sailing of the same length.

 

Are there any other ships and sailings that (August) Explorer of the Seas can shift to besides Harmony of the Seas? Just want to know what my real options are before shifting.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Jimbo said:

Are there any other ships and sailings that (August) Explorer of the Seas can shift to besides Harmony of the Seas? Just want to know what my real options are before shifting.

I don’t know what they are allowing, you’ll have to take a look at what’s sailing, find something close and ask.  Unfortunately they didn’t provide a list of acceptable sailings, seems like people are getting different answers. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, Kokomo91165 said:

If my current cruise is Western Caribbean on Allure of the Seas (Labadee, Jamaica, Cozumel) and I want to switch to a Western Caribbean on Symphony (Cozumel, Costa Maya, Coco Cay) - is that eligible for Lift and Shift?  Thank you!

I think Coco Cay may be an issue because those sailings are marketed at 7 Day West/East Caribbean PLUS Perfect Day

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

15 minutes ago, Jimbo said:

Are there any other ships and sailings that (August) Explorer of the Seas can shift to besides Harmony of the Seas? Just want to know what my real options are before shifting.

The explorer is doing 7 night west med, Harmony is the alternative for 2021.  It's also doing a  7 night greek isles itinerary, so the alternative would be the Rhapsody.  There are no comparable 8 or 9 night sailings but again you may get a different response when you call.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Forum Jump
    • Categories
      • Forum Assistance
      • SPECIAL EVENT: Q&A with the Quark Expeditions Team!
      • New Cruisers
      • Cruise Lines “A – O”
      • Cruise Lines “P – Z”
      • River Cruising
      • ROLL CALLS
      • Digital Photography & Cruise Technology
      • Member Cruise Reviews
      • Special Interest Cruising
      • Cruise Discussion Topics
      • UK Cruising
      • Australia & New Zealand Cruisers
      • North American Homeports
      • Ports of Call
      • Cruise Conversations
×
×
  • Create New...