Jump to content

Cruise with confidence enhanced


Recommended Posts

21 minutes ago, twins_to_alaska said:

 

Although currently you can only lift and shift up to Aug 1 2020.


I might keep the 2020 cruise rather than lifting and shifting to 2021.  I have ten weeks to decide, and just look at all of the changes we have been through in the last ten weeks.  At this point, I think I will ask for the L&S, but a lot of things might be totally different by August 1.  At least I have the option, unless they change more of the rules 🙄

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Jimbo said:

Does this still hold  true for the cruise you shift to in August 2021?

 

You can still cancel 48 hours before the sailing ,and do  you really get 100% FCC for total of booked cruise?

 

Previously announced on March 6, 2020, the flexibility to cancel up to 48-hours prior to sail date in exchange for a 100% Future Cruise Credit will continue, though the eligible sailing window has been extended to now include all sailings through April 2022 (all open deployment as of May 6, 2020).

Yes, you can still use the 48 hour cancel with a shifted booking. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

21 hours ago, soremekun said:

@Ourusualbeach If I were to utilize Lift & Shift for my July 2020 cruise, supposedly I would keep everything associated with the booking for the next cruise I shift this cruise to.

 

I am considering moving my July 2020 Oasis cruise to July 2021, again on Oasis.  I have the grandfathered Boardwalk balcony stateroom amenities under the Dine, Drink, Discover offering (JR meal, soda package, and rock climbing). Do you know if those will carry over as well?


I did a L & S on our October 2020 cruise Sunday after failing to accomplish that goal during a 90+ minute call on Saturday. Got the right people on Sunday, but the one question that I forgot to ask the rep from my TA about was the Drink, Dine, Discover cancellation fiasco. We had opted at the time to retain the Drink, Dine Discover benefits instead of the $50 OBC they offered as default at the time. I do have an email confirmation that I opted to be grandfathered into Drink, Dine, Discover, but by the time I remembered to ask my TA  rep at the end of the call, he said the office was already closed. I didn’t think we would do very well with the after hours line - didn’t work out very well for me on Saturday, so I’m going to try again one day this week when I have some time. I’ll let you know what happens.

 

Our L & S moved us from Harmony to Allure, since Harmony will not be back to Port Canaveral until after our L&S  window expired. I did mock bookings online before I called, and noticed a new category for Boardwalk Balcony categories on Harmony, but not on Allure. We were in 10329 oh Harmony. I noticed that 10729 and one other cabin about two thirds of the way forward on the Boardwalk were now showing as category 1I, not 2I as it was when I booked. I thought I might have a problem switching to the same cabin since mine was now a different category. I was pleasantly surprised that I did not get any pushback on the cabin switch. We are in 10329 on Allure. Oh, besides switching the cabin category on Harmony, they also bumped the price up by about $433 IIRC. Big difference for a cabin that is marked as obstructed due to the lovely purple slides! 😱 
 

I did manage to L&S an Eastern Caribbean to a Western with only minor objections. Both itineraries do stop at Coco, Cay, so that may have helped. However, my old itinerary had three ports, the new one has four, with only Coco Cay in common. No issues at all about that. I did have extra taxes and fees added to my total amount, but with an extra port that wasn’t surprising.

 

EDIT: Interesting, I just went back and did a dummy booking on our Lifted & Shifted Harmony Cruise. My old cabin, 10329 was still listed as a 2I category. The cabins showing as 1I are 10705 and 10729. Those two cabins are now priced plus $570 over my old cabin 10329! All the Boardwalk Balcony cabins went up about $200 since I last looked at about 5:30 PM Sunday evening.

Edited by perfect match
Add updated info.
Link to comment
Share on other sites

47 minutes ago, perfect match said:

Our L & S moved us from Harmony to Allure [...], noticed a new category for Boardwalk Balcony categories on Harmony, but not on Allure. 

 

EDIT: Interesting, I just went back and did a dummy booking on our Lifted & Shifted Harmony Cruise. My old cabin, 10329 was still listed as a 2I category. The cabins showing as 1I are 10705 and 10729. Those two cabins are now priced plus $570 over my old cabin 10329! All the Boardwalk Balcony cabins went up about $200 since I last looked at about 5:30 PM Sunday evening.

We are currently  booked in boardwalk balcony cabin on Allure for this coming September. When we booked back in February there were the two categories you mention, with the 1l ones being more expensive than the 2l. IIRC, the ones at the very back (e.g. the xxx29 ones) were in the more expensive category. I guess Royal have cottoned on to the fact that people like them because of the view of the wake and the aqua theatre.

We are very likely going to L&S to Harmony so, like you, I was checking the rates and I noticed that within 2 days of L&S coming into play the price of our current Allure cabin has shot up by almost $1,000, putting it on a par with the price of Harmony for next year. I wonder if that's to try and put people off booking at this year's (until now) cheaper prices with the specific aim of L&S-ing to a more expensive cruise next year?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, molly361 said:

Does anyone know if you cancel a cruise using CWC and it has redeployment OBC on it can that OBC be transferred to another existing booking?  @Ourusualbeach    The cruise is BEFORE final payment and refundable

If you cancel the redeployment OBC is lost.  If you move that reservation you keep it. 
 

it is the same before or after final and the same if it is refundable or non refundable. 

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 5/6/2020 at 4:07 PM, Ourusualbeach said:

If you used lift and shift you would have to apply it to a similar itinerary next year.

 

I like all the new options, but I am now getting confused with some of the rules and restrictions.

 

We had our May TA cancelled by Royal on March 24th and are still waiting for our refunds. We have 2 more cruises booked in 2020 that I am 99% sure will not be sailing. Our September cruise is an 11 night Vancouver to Honolulu on Serenade. Since there is only a 10 night similar itinerary sailing in 2021, it does not qualify for L and S. Several on this cruise have called and told it doesn't qualify. Since getting refunds for cruises cancelled by Royal is such a fiasco, we do not really want to make the final payment. We have a NRD on this cruise, and are planning use CWC to cancel before final payment. I am trying to clarify if we would receive a FCC for our deposit, and if it would be the entire deposit or the $100 pp would be deducted. I'm also confused on whether our deposit could just be moved to a new booking in 2021 and if there would be a change fee. Any help would be greatly appreciated. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, lr657 said:

 

I like all the new options, but I am now getting confused with some of the rules and restrictions.

 

We had our May TA cancelled by Royal on March 24th and are still waiting for our refunds. We have 2 more cruises booked in 2020 that I am 99% sure will not be sailing. Our September cruise is an 11 night Vancouver to Honolulu on Serenade. Since there is only a 10 night similar itinerary sailing in 2021, it does not qualify for L and S. Several on this cruise have called and told it doesn't qualify. Since getting refunds for cruises cancelled by Royal is such a fiasco, we do not really want to make the final payment. We have a NRD on this cruise, and are planning use CWC to cancel before final payment. I am trying to clarify if we would receive a FCC for our deposit, and if it would be the entire deposit or the $100 pp would be deducted. I'm also confused on whether our deposit could just be moved to a new booking in 2021 and if there would be a change fee. Any help would be greatly appreciated. 

If your NRD if cancelled before final payment would be returned as a 100% FCC with no penalties. Apply and sail by Dec 31 2021.  It should also be able to be moved, again no penalties. 

Edited by Ourusualbeach
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, Ourusualbeach said:

Your NRD if cancelled before final payment would be returned as a 100% FCC with no penalties. Apply and sail by Dec 31 2021.  It should also be able to be moved, again no penalties. 

Are you saying if our cruise is cancelled before final payment a full refund is no longer an option?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, Milwaukee Eight said:

Are you saying if our cruise is cancelled before final payment a full refund is no longer an option?

If the cruise line cancels then yes it is an option.  (Pretty sure the cruise line has not cancelled any cruises before final)
 

if you cancel a NRD before or after  final a refund was never an option 

Edited by Ourusualbeach
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

If your NRD if cancelled before final payment would be returned as a 100% FCC with no penalties. Apply and sail by Dec 31 2021.  It should also be able to be moved, again no penalties. 

 

Thanks Ken. That's what I thought, but wanted to be sure. 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I’m glad most of you are being able to L & S your sailings.  This is great and will give you peace of mind to cruise after the world calms down.  Unfortunately we can’t as we are still working.   I can’t shift from October 2020 to 2021 and then go again in November  2021 which is already booked.  Luckily we only have minimal NRD on everything until November of 21.  If we miss October our next chance to go will be April. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 5/10/2020 at 8:01 AM, Jimbo said:

Can you give me time needed to get from Airport to Cruise Ports for both? I assume we could pay RCCL to transportation, is that what most people do? I guess I should be asking these kind of questions on the Port of Call Board and not hyjack this one.

We loved boarding in Rome last summer.  The majority of the passengers boarded in Barcelona so when we arrived at the port, we were the ONLY ones in the building. Checking in took 5 minutes since we could spread out between representatives.  Headed right onto the ship. We arrived at 11 even though we were told our boarding time was 2:30. But our kids had the Key and wanted their Chops lunch 🙂

 

Disembarking was also extremely easy.  Again, very few people disembarking in Rome. One of our group had a 10:50 flight out of Rome.  We got to the self-carry line at 6am for a 7am arrival and the Oasis crew told us to go get a cup of coffee, that nobody self-carries off in Rome.  He was right.  They opened the gangway at 7am, there were 5 families waiting to get off.  We were in our waiting transportation by 7:15 and that included a glitch on our son's invoice that he had to go fix.


We left Civi at 7:20 and arrived at FCO a little after 8,  I wouldn't cut it that close again, but it worked for us (and we had a backup ticket for our son in case we ran into problems.) There was absolutely no traffic and it was a quick, less than an hour trip into Rome.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

22 hours ago, heatherb1958 said:


Thanks for the info but that  is still ambiguous . We have not  formally requested a refund or FCC yet so it is still live in their system isn’t it ? I know splitting hairs here . 
Anyway , I had further contact from the person who initially contacted me so will wait until tomorrow to hear from them , fingers crossed for good news . I will report back. 


As promised here is my report back  and it is good news  , I won’t believe it  until I  receive a new e.mail but I have faith. 
I had this afternoon message confirmation that our cruise is being transferred to the same ship, itinerary and cabin grade for May 2021 AND keeping the flight promotion. 
The FCC for our cruise was not due to be issued until 22nd May and we had not cancelled , sometimes it pays to wait it out and not jump the gun. 

 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

16 hours ago, orla56 said:

Heatherb  I too have a booking with the flights for a penny  promo for August and I phoned twice only to be  told I could get the cruise part of the l&s but not the flights as they would not know if these flights wouldbe available.

I'm not happy because like you said there's no mention of this in theterms.

I too will just take my refund if this is the case.

 


I messaged direct through FB , try again if you have not cancelled already . 
We booked direct with RCI , kind of makes things difficult if you booked with an agent .

Edited by heatherb1958
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, heatherb1958 said:


As promised here is my report back  and it is good news  , I won’t believe it  until I  receive a new e.mail but I have faith. 
I had this afternoon message confirmation that our cruise is being transferred to the same ship, itinerary and cabin grade for May 2021 AND keeping the flight promotion. 
The FCC for our cruise was not due to be issued until 22nd May and we had not cancelled , sometimes it pays to wait it out and not jump the gun. 

 

WOW, I'm glad that worked out for you.  I am shocked as it went against everything that they mentioned to TA's in the webinar

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

First of all, THANKS to Ourusualbeach for patiently answering 31 pages of questions. You have been a huge help.

 

I apologize in advance because I know this has been answered too many times, but I seem to be lacking in my search skills today.

 

Can the NRD deposit on a current cruise with CWC be used towards the balance of an existing cruise that has been lifted and shifted for later in the summer?

 

Cruise in August 2020 being lifted to August 2021, but want to cancel the already existing June 2021 cruise since I really can't cruise 2x during the summer.  I don't want to ask if it is not possible.

Edited by cured
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, cured said:

First of all, THANKS to Ourusualbeach for patiently answering 31 pages of questions. You have been a huge help.

 

I apologize in advance because I know this has been answered too many times, but I seem to be lacking in my search skills today.

 

Can the NRD deposit on a current cruise with CWC be used towards the balance of an existing cruise that has been lifted and shifted for later in the summer?

 

Cruise in August 2020 being lifted to August 2021, but want to cancel the already existing June 2021 cruise because I can't cruise 2x during the summer.

First you would have to cancel the cruse and get the FCC for the NRD deposit.

 

Does the L&S cruise have a balance owing, does the L&S cruise already have a FCC applied to it.  

 

If it doesn't have a balance owing...no

If it already has a FCC applied to it...no

 

If it has a balance and does not have a FCC applied to it then you should be able to apply a FCC to it

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

First you would have to cancel the cruse and get the FCC for the NRD deposit.

 

Does the L&S cruise have a balance owing, does the L&S cruise already have a FCC applied to it.  

 

If it doesn't have a balance owing...no

If it already has a FCC applied to it...no

 

If it has a balance and does not have a FCC applied to it then you should be able to apply a FCC to it

 

 

No, the lift and shift cruise's final payment is later this month, so only the deposit exists (No FCC.)

 

The June 2021 was a cruise that was moved in last month with the one time move of the deposit, but no FCC. Even if I can't use it, I am not too worried as the lift and shift cruise is still 4 grand less than the June cruise with an upgrade from the grand suite to the 2 bed grand suite.  

 

Would I be able to cancel the June cruise without the CWC, lose the $600 and then transfer to the existing reservation?  I really want to lift and shift as soon as possible as there is one 2 bed suite on deck 12 with the hot tub left (Oasis) 🙂 

 

I should be able to lift and shift easily because it is the exact same cruise on Oasis from Bayonne.

Edited by cured
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

  • Forum Jump
    • Categories
      • Forum Assistance
      • ICYMI Cruise Critic Live Special Event: Q&A with Silversea Cruises
      • New Cruisers
      • Cruise Lines “A – O”
      • Cruise Lines “P – Z”
      • River Cruising
      • ROLL CALLS
      • Digital Photography & Cruise Technology
      • Special Interest Cruising
      • Cruise Discussion Topics
      • UK Cruising
      • Australia & New Zealand Cruisers
      • Canadian Cruisers
      • North American Homeports
      • Ports of Call
      • Cruise Conversations
×
×
  • Create New...