Jump to content

Cruise with confidence enhanced


Recommended Posts

8 minutes ago, Milwaukee Eight said:

I was thinking more along the line with those booking now within final payment a lower fare for the purpose to use S&L to shift cruise to that currently has much higher fares. It’s very possible, if Royal is required to sail less than full capacity, they are more likely to cancel the cabins with lower fares. It’s gives Royal a year to play with peoples money. 
 

My speculation only

I see your point.  Too many unknowns at this time to even speculate about about how they would handle the cancellation process if it came to that but I would think that anything other than going by date booked would cause a huge backlash.  They obviously don't care too much about pricing right now with allowing people lift and switch the same day.  Its still giving Royal a year to play with their money.

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, heatherb1958 said:

 
I went onto the official FB page for RCI and private messaged through that.

Social media pages and not supposed to be mentioned on here but good luck. 

Hi heatherb I sent a message at 20.15 and at 21.00 I was told this was not possible to have the flights included in the L&S as quote we are a cruise line therefore our offers and policies apply to our cruises. Please note that when it comes to terms and conditions we must adhere to our policies.When I questioned this at 21.00 and said I had spoken to someone who had this applied I received an answer at 22.20 saying she was responding to other messages and went on lunch break.

I thought we were having a conversation and asked if she was still there earlier.

Anyway the answer was no they said I'm not sure how or why this person had flights included but as I was advised it's not possible. Thanks for your help anyway.

 

Edited by orla56
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I think that they are doing L&S to get us to select ourselves out of cruises at the end of this year for some of these Caribbean and Bahamas itineraries.  You must decide by August of this year. If the restrictions are still in place at the end of next year, I bet they offer something similar. We all think we got deals to push out our trips. They definitely did this for a reason!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I did a mock booking today for my Jan 2021 cruise. Plenty of cabins came up. If they are trying to get people to move their booking further out to help reduce the number of people aboard why would they be taking new bookings? 

 

@Cutigerlady If there is some hidden agenda I'm not seeing it.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

54 minutes ago, Cutigerlady said:

They definitely did this for a reason!

To keep people from cancelling before final payment and to keep those that have made final payment from waiting until Royal cancelled and opting for a cash refund. 
 

Conserving cash At the expense of some lower future prices. 

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I am looking into possibly doing the lift and shift, my daughter is 12 this year and is under the kids sail free promotion, shifted it to next year she would then be considered an adult would they honor the price since it was a lift and shift?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, kmb2010 said:

I am looking into possibly doing the lift and shift, my daughter is 12 this year and is under the kids sail free promotion, shifted it to next year she would then be considered an adult would they honor the price since it was a lift and shift?

It should. They are locking in current promotions. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 5/6/2020 at 9:30 AM, Ourusualbeach said:
  • An enhanced & extended Cruise with Confidence policy that provides the reassurance your clients need to stick with us — through the current environment and beyond! 
    • Now, even more flexibility! Cruise with Confidence has been extended to allow cancellations up to 48-hours prior to sailing in exchange for a 100% Future Cruise Credit on sailings through April 2022 for bookings made on-or-before August 1, 2020!

      PLUS...
      NEW! Introducing Lift & Shift for your clients simply wishing to move their existing booking to next year, protecting their original price and promotion. Simply select a qualifying sailing in the future, give us a call, and we'll handle the rest!    
    • NEW! Book on-or-before August 1, 2020 and take advantage of our Best Price Guarantee up to 48-hours prior to sailing, ensuring that your clients are getting the best deal!   

So, since our baltic is worth 7k and excursions, the lift and shift gets us:

The original aft stateroom
The same ship
Every excursion we booked
Chef's table again

EVERYTHING down to the LAST DETAIL....is that right?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, johnjen said:

So, since our baltic is worth 7k and excursions, the lift and shift gets us:

The original aft stateroom
The same ship
Every excursion we booked
Chef's table again

EVERYTHING down to the LAST DETAIL....is that right?

No, it gets you the cruise at the same price.  The exact stateroom May not be available.  Cruise planner purchases are refunded and you must rebook them. 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

15 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

No, it gets you the cruise at the same price.  The exact stateroom May not be available.  Cruise planner purchases are refunded and you must rebook them. 

Thanks again....yeah, just off the phone with them. She told me just that....said that if an aft cabin is available we can book it. Sad it's all working this direction. Just don't want to be on a cruise being directed, prodded, and masked.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

40 minutes ago, kmb2010 said:

I am looking into possibly doing the lift and shift, my daughter is 12 this year and is under the kids sail free promotion, shifted it to next year she would then be considered an adult would they honor the price since it was a lift and shift?

 

We were in the same situation, with my son turning 13 in January 2021. We were able to lift and shift our fall 2020 cruise to fall 2021 and keep the same overall price that we'd had with the Kids Sail Free promo.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I lifted and shifted my family's 5 total rooms Christmas 2020 cruise on Allure Eastern to Christmas 2021 on Harmony Eastern  with Coco Key. The prevailing rate was over 2x what we paid for each room. It took the travel agent 4 hours to finalize everything. 

 

We did lose our $18 beverage package 😞

 

The agent did say that the initial invoice shows the prevailing rate today, but should be corrected by end of the week.  

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

58 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

Totally agree. 

Thank you so much for your advice. It paid off. We did the Lift & Shift, moved our cruise to next year, same cruise, we got the aft cabin back, instead of Brilliance it's on Jewel....but, in the end, $43.58 extra in taxes we will owe, all of our paid excursions on this June 22nd refunded, so we are VERY HAPPY with these results. Did lose $100 of $300 obc but - 
- No masks
- No policing, social distance enforcement
- John you forgot your mask again in the cabin
HOPEFULLY no viruses (maybe murder hornets who knows)

Even our paid gratuities carried over to the next cruise next year.


But YES.....this was the best move we could do. Thanks again!!

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, johnjen said:

Thank you so much for your advice. It paid off. We did the Lift & Shift, moved our cruise to next year, same cruise, we got the aft cabin back, instead of Brilliance it's on Jewel....but, in the end, $43.58 extra in taxes we will owe, all of our paid excursions on this June 22nd refunded, so we are VERY HAPPY with these results. Did lose $100 of $300 obc but - 
- No masks
- No policing, social distance enforcement
- John you forgot your mask again in the cabin
HOPEFULLY no viruses (maybe murder hornets who knows)

Even our paid gratuities carried over to the next cruise next year.


But YES.....this was the best move we could do. Thanks again!!

And even better is that now you have a great cruise to plan and look forward to. Congrats. 

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, Ourusualbeach said:

The 1I has always been there.  It is for quad cabins.  The 2I and 4I are double occupance and one was added years ago when they realized they could charge a premium for the last 5 cabins (closest to the aquatheatre).  

 

With e new categorization starting May 2021 they are eliminating the premium for those cabins ad are back to a 1I (triple and quad occupancy) and the 2I (double occupancy.

 

On all ships if it is an odd number it is a triple / quad and even numbers are double occupancy


Ken, thanks for taking the time to explain those room categories. 😀 Also, thank you for being so generous with your time answering all of our questions about Lift & Shift, CWC, and all the other questions we seem to come up with. I really appreciate all you do, and I know that a lot of people here do as well.  

  • Like 6
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, Ocean Boy said:

I did a mock booking today for my Jan 2021 cruise. Plenty of cabins came up. If they are trying to get people to move their booking further out to help reduce the number of people aboard why would they be taking new bookings? 

 

@Cutigerlady If there is some hidden agenda I'm not seeing it.

To get more deposit $

Link to comment
Share on other sites

55 minutes ago, perfect match said:


Ken, thanks for taking the time to explain those room categories. 😀 Also, thank you for being so generous with your time answering all of our questions about Lift & Shift, CWC, and all the other questions we seem to come up with. I really appreciate all you do, and I know that a lot of people here do as well.  

I second that. You have graciously given your time to all of us complete strangers. Your clients are very, very lucky to have such a well informed, professional, and conscientious person taking care of their travels. I was able to easily get what I needed to get done today because I felt informed.  The CSR said I was the easiest person she had worked with and I give all the credit to Ourusualbeach.

 

As for the issue if our lift and shift cabins would be canceled to accommodate greater social distancing,  RCI doesn't need to worry about us. If things are still at the point next summer that the virus is still not contained and ships need to sail half full, i will be the first in line to give our cabins back. It is not a vacation if you are worrying about social distancing.  Not worth it. There are so many other options for vacations to consider.

  • Like 6
Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 hours ago, orla56 said:

Hi heatherb I sent a message at 20.15 and at 21.00 I was told this was not possible to have the flights included in the L&S as quote we are a cruise line therefore our offers and policies apply to our cruises. Please note that when it comes to terms and conditions we must adhere to our policies.When I questioned this at 21.00 and said I had spoken to someone who had this applied I received an answer at 22.20 saying she was responding to other messages and went on lunch break.

I thought we were having a conversation and asked if she was still there earlier.

Anyway the answer was no they said I'm not sure how or why this person had flights included but as I was advised it's not possible. Thanks for your help anyway.

 


my e.mail is    
swintontraveller .......@ ..........hotmail...co....uk      without all the extra dots. This is not my main e.mail but will check if you message me. No dots before

Edited by heatherb1958
Link to comment
Share on other sites

50 minutes ago, heatherb1958 said:


my e.mail is    
swintontraveller .......@ ..........hotmail...co....uk      without all the extra dots. This is not my main e.mail but will check if you message me. No dots before

Hi heatherb,got up this morning with a fb message from RCI 3hrs after my last message saying quote Mrs M it was flights for a penny right well I have just been advised that this promo I'll actually be honoured I have just received the update with apologies.So she has left a note on my reservation that he promo has to be honoured.Don't know if me asking for an email address to escalate this helped.So all good in the end.I will phone when I get in from work.

Once again thank you if you hadn't mentioned fb I probably would have given up x

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 minutes ago, orla56 said:

Hi heatherb,got up this morning with a fb message from RCI 3hrs after my last message saying quote Mrs M it was flights for a penny right well I have just been advised that this promo I'll actually be honoured I have just received the update with apologies.So she has left a note on my reservation that he promo has to be honoured.Don't know if me asking for an email address to escalate this helped.So all good in the end.I will phone when I get in from work.

Once again thank you if you hadn't mentioned fb I probably would have given up x


That is wonderful to hear , I am so glad I came back to report my result .

This is what Cruise Critic should and always be about , helping each other , well done . 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

As a passenger, should I expect to keep my current TA perks when using Lift and Shift or no?  I'm not sure how that all works out.  My TA is saying that they can keep the OBC, but the free-gratuity promotions cannot be extended to 2021 sailings.  Is this just because the TA doesn't want to do it, or is this a RCL policy or something?  I'm not sure who would be out money in the situation or if I should check other TAs to see if their Lift and Shift policies are different.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I have read thru and searched this very long thread but still have a few lingering questions, hopefully someone can help

 

1. Does Thanksgiving fall within the L&S exclusions for holiday sailings? I cant find a link to the official terms but I remember Christmas/new years you could not shift the full 4 weeks. If I have a sailing that is 2 weeks before Thanksgiving 2020, can I shift it to Thanksgiving week in 2021? I assume I cant since the 2020 sailing would be Kids sail Free but the week of Thanksgiving is not.

 

2. Are all Friends & Family rates excluded? I read somewhere that Travel Agent F&F were, but is that the same as a Royal Employee F&F rate (not thru a travel agent)

 

3. If they wont shift my cruise, would anything prevent me from booking a NEW sailing for the exact same week I have another 2020 sailing (essentially having 2 cruises booked for the exact same week) and then shifting the new cruise to 2021? My thought here is if they wont shift my cruise, I do a new booking and shift it myself and then wait for the original to cancel and get the 100%/125% FCC to apply to my new booking later this year

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

  • Forum Jump
    • Categories
      • Forum Assistance
      • ANNOUNCEMENT: PONANT Cruises & Expeditions
      • Cruise Critic Live Special Event: Q&A with American Queen Voyages
      • New Cruisers
      • Cruise Lines “A – O”
      • Cruise Lines “P – Z”
      • River Cruising
      • ROLL CALLS
      • Digital Photography & Cruise Technology
      • Special Interest Cruising
      • Cruise Discussion Topics
      • UK Cruising
      • Australia & New Zealand Cruisers
      • Canadian Cruisers
      • North American Homeports
      • Ports of Call
      • Cruise Conversations
×
×
  • Create New...