Jump to content

Cruise with confidence enhanced


Recommended Posts

21 minutes ago, molly361 said:

Yours is I think the third post I have read today that people are not getting their revised invoices right away.  That would concern me as well.

Me as well. My representative yesterday sent me a new invoice with the correct prices while we were on the phone.

 

I would go into your Cruise Planner and do a "make a payment" and see if the balance due is the same as the revised cruise. If not, I would be calling back.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

What time were the calls that did not receive and updated invoice? I was told by the end of the week. Mine was approved at about 8pm eastern. The team that manually updates the invoices may not be a 24/7 operation like other organizations.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, molly361 said:

Yours is I think the third post I have read today that people are not getting their revised invoices right away.  That would concern me as well.


I was told by the guy who sorted my transferred cruise that I was to be aware the pricing would be incorrect in the e.mail he was sending and it would take upto two weeks to receive a fresh e.mail from the section who are doing the invoicing . So far I have had an e.mail showing the same booking reference with the new sail date and amended cabin number , our original cabin was already booked on the new sailing. 
I have faith I will receive a new e.mail with the correct amended details in due course . 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

43 minutes ago, molly361 said:

Maybe they started updating the invoices later to try and speed up the process.

This is what I was told.  My call ended around 1PM Pacific (Wednesday).  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 minutes ago, heatherb1958 said:


I was told by the guy who sorted my transferred cruise that I was to be aware the pricing would be incorrect in the e.mail he was sending and it would take upto two weeks to receive a fresh e.mail from the section who are doing the invoicing . So far I have had an e.mail showing the same booking reference with the new sail date and amended cabin number , our original cabin was already booked on the new sailing. 
I have faith I will receive a new e.mail with the correct amended details in due course . 

Two weeks sounds right from what I was told about the email, however the rep said that the actual accounting should be done in 48 hours so I could call and try and get a correct invoice earlier.  I plan to call early next week.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

How come RCI said I can do a L&S on my booking, but my TA said no. 2x I spoke to RCI and they said I could do It.  Can someone give me insight, as to why the TA would  said no. If RCI is ok with it shouldn't the TA.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

45 minutes ago, jptoz said:

How come RCI said I can do a L&S on my booking, but my TA said no. 2x I spoke to RCI and they said I could do It.  Can someone give me insight, as to why the TA would  said no. If RCI is ok with it shouldn't the TA.

I am surprised that RCI told you anything if you booked through a TA.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 hours ago, DandDM said:

Two weeks sounds right from what I was told about the email, however the rep said that the actual accounting should be done in 48 hours so I could call and try and get a correct invoice earlier.  I plan to call early next week.


and the more that people phone taking up the time of customer service staff creates the further delays in my opinion. Patience is a virtue . 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 minutes ago, geomarc said:

Can the FCC be used towards a deposit on a new booking?

No.  If you create a new booking on the phone with Royal AND your FCC is large enough to cover the cost of the entire cruise you can book it and only pay taxes and fees.  

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

19 hours ago, jptoz said:

How come RCI said I can do a L&S on my booking, but my TA said no. 2x I spoke to RCI and they said I could do It.  Can someone give me insight, as to why the TA would  said no. If RCI is ok with it shouldn't the TA.

Needs to be done by your TA.  I have not seen any reports that someone booked through a TA was able to do their own L&S but I have read many reports by those that were denied and told to contact their TA.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

No.  If you create a new booking on the phone with Royal AND your FCC is large enough to cover the cost of the entire cruise you can book it and only pay taxes and fees.  

We have NR deposits down for three B2B's @ $500, $500, $900.  

I was told we would have to pay a new deposit and the old deposits would count towards final payment???

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 5/6/2020 at 10:09 AM, jstuartys said:

Any word I exclusions for casino booking?  it would be amazing to be able to move a basically free cruise to next year... but seems almost too good to be true? 

Glad you asked @jstuartys!  I came back from a March 1 sailing on the Anthem which was, BTW, spectacular!  Don't want to hijack OPs ask about the new policy, but I have NOT seen a single promotion on the Casino Royale site for weeks.  We earned Prime for next year, but as of today,  no promotions showing for Casino guests.  I am getting worried - in April there were 10+ promos.  Thoughts?     

Link to comment
Share on other sites

23 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

Needs to be done by your TA.  I have not seen any reports that someone booked through a TA was able to do their own L&S but I have read many reports by those that were denied and told to contact their TA.

For some of my bookings I used a large online TA that arranged for Royal to allow its customers to make the changes directly.  I was successful in doing the L&S on 2 of my bookings. Royal then sent the paperwork to them to update the bookings.      

Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 minutes ago, Blizzard54 said:

For some of my bookings I used a large online TA that arranged for Royal to allow its customers to make the changes directly.  I was successful in doing the L&S on 2 of my bookings. Royal then sent the paperwork to them to update the bookings.      

The key is that they had made those arrangements.  Most do not

Link to comment
Share on other sites

39 minutes ago, geomarc said:

We have NR deposits down for three B2B's @ $500, $500, $900.  

I was told we would have to pay a new deposit and the old deposits would count towards final payment???

Yes in your case they do.  They key is how large is the FCC.  As I said the only way to not have to pay the deposit is if your FCC will cover the entire cost of the booking then you would only have to pay the taxes and fees.  

 

If your FCC is not large enough to cover the entire booking then you must pay the deposit.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Has anyone who lifted and shifted a cruise and was told the new invoice would be available in 48 hours seen one with the lower price?  We did ours just about 48 hours ago and I've gone on as if I'm making a payment online to see what they show as the balance.  So far it is still the higher price.  Just wondering how long it has taken others to see the price go down.  

 

Also, does anyone know if a gift certificate someone bought for us and was used to pay down our balance on a cruise we then canceled and are awaiting FCC for would that be part of our FCC or would the money be credited back to the original credit card of the person giving the gift certificate?  Thanks!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I think it's going to take longer then 48 hours, I got this email from my travel agent after making the switch,

 

Hello,

 
I wanted to let you know that we changed your sailing.
Royal Caribbean said it will take them about 14 business
days for the prices to be protected. Once that is done, we
will send you a revised confirmation with all the new 
information. 
 
Kind Regards,
 
 
  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

15 minutes ago, ILOVEHI50 said:

We got an updated invoice immediately for our Lift and Shift from our travel agency.  Big box store starting with C.  Makes no sense that they can do it; but others can't

It seems to be a delay that just started this week.  The speculation was that it was supposed to save some time by processing the shift then worrying about fixing the pricing later but we were on the phone for the typical two hours anyway so I'm not sure how much more time it would have taken to fix the price then and there too.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, brucefan21 said:

Has anyone who lifted and shifted a cruise and was told the new invoice would be available in 48 hours seen one with the lower price?  We did ours just about 48 hours ago and I've gone on as if I'm making a payment online to see what they show as the balance.  So far it is still the higher price.  Just wondering how long it has taken others to see the price go down.  

 

I received my updated invoice about 24 hours later and it was correct.  I booked over the phone with Royal.

 

Pat

Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 hours ago, Jimbo said:

I think it's going to take longer then 48 hours, I got this email from my travel agent after making the switch,

 

Hello,

 
I wanted to let you know that we changed your sailing.
Royal Caribbean said it will take them about 14 business
days for the prices to be protected. Once that is done, we
will send you a revised confirmation with all the new 
information. 
 
Kind Regards,
 
 

 

9 hours ago, ILOVEHI50 said:

We got an updated invoice immediately for our Lift and Shift from our travel agency.  Big box store starting with C.  Makes no sense that they can do it; but others can't

 

We got ours straight away too. Within 90 minutes of our TA confirming receipt of the email I sent her asking her to do it, I received the fully updated invoice. This was on Tuesday.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

27 minutes ago, FionaMG said:

 

 

We got ours straight away too. Within 90 minutes of our TA confirming receipt of the email I sent her asking her to do it, I received the fully updated invoice. This was on Tuesday.

They changed procedures on Wednesday 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

  • Forum Jump
    • Categories
      • Forum Assistance
      • Q&A: Princess Cruises - Medallion Masters!
      • New Cruisers
      • Cruise Lines “A – O”
      • Cruise Lines “P – Z”
      • River Cruising
      • ROLL CALLS
      • Digital Photography & Cruise Technology
      • Special Interest Cruising
      • Cruise Discussion Topics
      • UK Cruising
      • Australia & New Zealand Cruisers
      • Canadian Cruisers
      • North American Homeports
      • Ports of Call
      • Cruise Conversations
×
×
  • Create New...