who would sacrifice their money right now.

jxtgreek

Even though Carnival announced cruises starting in August who in would put even $1 on a deposit for a cruise.  With all the news and the difficulties with being socially distant nearly impossible on a ship I find it hard to believe that things will ever be the same.  I am platinum on Carnival and we cruise at least 3 times a year.  Already had one cruise canceled.  I have the Radiance booked the end of November but who knows....I rolled my cruise credit from March to this cruise.  I wish I took the refund but I will not risk anymore money until I see how things will work.

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, jxtgreek said:

Even though Carnival announced cruises starting in August who in would put even $1 on a deposit for a cruise.  With all the news and the difficulties with being socially distant nearly impossible on a ship I find it hard to believe that things will ever be the same.  I am platinum on Carnival and we cruise at least 3 times a year.  Already had one cruise canceled.  I have the Radiance booked the end of November but who knows....I rolled my cruise credit from March to this cruise.  I wish I took the refund but I will not risk anymore money until I see how things will work.

Not me! I had my May cruise cancelled. Transferred the FCC to a cruise in July and the remainder paid off my October cruise & gave me $650 OBC. Well, July was cxld yesterday and I opted for the refund this time. Once cruising starts I am thinking about re-booking for next year but I will need my refund first. I was reading the RC board and many people got refunds within 2 weeks. Carnival's slowness is unacceptable. 

• Like 2

I booked one out of NOLA for Sept 13th. The balcony  deal was sooo good I could not pass it up. I just went ahead and paid the whole thing. If it’s cancelled I’ll just roll it into another one. I’m booking a Panama Canal one in January out of Tampa but only paying the $99 deposit each in that. 

• Like 2

I still have 3 cruises booked thru October plus 1 that was cancelled this month.  I don’t expect to cruise this year but I won’t cancel any of the cruises I currently have booked. However, I have no plans to book any more cruises until cruise lines resume operations.  

While realistically evaluating the virus situation right now, we are taking a break from cruising & won't even consider placing a deposit on any particular sailing for at least 18 to 24 months from now. We'll certainly cruise again, but most likely not until 2023. The smoke has to clear & the dust has to really settle before any money comes out of our pocket. 

😷

• Like 6

16 minutes ago, firefly333 said:

I think I heard new bookings are up 21%. 

Seems lots here just here to tell others not to book, but obviously people are booking.

Hi firefly333

May I ask where you found this info?  I can't find anything after 4/16 and the number I saw was 2021 cruise bookings were down 21%.   Bookings farther out - for 2022 have picked up though.   Of course,  its hard to believe any stats right now.

Lyn

5 minutes ago, ladylyn915 said:

Hi firefly333

May I ask where you found this info?  I can't find anything after 4/16 and the number I saw was 2021 cruise bookings were down 21%.   Bookings farther out - for 2022 have picked up though.   Of course,  its hard to believe any stats right now.

Lyn

Here is just one of a ton of articles i found

https://www.pymnts.com/travel-payments/2020/cruise-reservations-up-for-2021-despite-pandemic/

• Like 1

1 hour ago, jxtgreek said:

I have our August 15th on the breeze and am super excited ...hoping its a go.

If it cancels (which this was a rebooking from our cancelled April cruise), i will rebook for fall....i have another cruise next march.   I will book another cruise in the middle if the price is right....i am not concerned at all.     

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, bingomamma19 said:

Thank you.  The article I read contradicted this.  In any case, since your article ( like the one I read) is from mid April, I think all of these statistics are skewed.  Just my opinion.

Lyn

3 minutes ago, ladylyn915 said:

Thank you.  The article I read contradicted this.  In any case, since your article ( like the one I read) is from mid April, I think all of these statistics are skewed.  Just my opinion.

Lyn

There are tons of articles out there saying they are up and healthy bookings for 2021.    You can choose to believe which ever one you want.      

i did a search for cruise bookings down and couldnt find any articles with that.

I would book a cruise and probably will. I have one booked for June 2021 but will probably have to cancel that for non-virus reasons. The only thing keeping me from booking another one sooner than that now is uncertainty of family schedules. I am not arguing right or wrong to cruise now, just answering the OPs question. 

• Like 1

I won't risk anymore money until I see how the cruises in August pans out. I want to see what safety processes Carnival have put in place and see if any new virus cases as a result of the cruises. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, john91498 said:

I won't risk anymore money until I see how the cruises in August pans out. I want to see what safety processes Carnival have put in place and see if any new virus cases as a result of the cruises. 

I will definitely share the info from our August 15th cruise on the Breeze 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, ctsharpie05 said:

Not me! I had my May cruise cancelled. Transferred the FCC to a cruise in July and the remainder paid off my October cruise & gave me $650 OBC. Well, July was cxld yesterday and I opted for the refund this time. Once cruising starts I am thinking about re-booking for next year but I will need my refund first. I was reading the RC board and many people got refunds within 2 weeks. Carnival's slowness is unacceptable. 

Royal is not doing any better processing refunds than Carnival. We have been waiting since March 13th for a refund on our April cruise. There is no rhyme or reason to their process, some have received refunds for cruises after ours, while we still wait. Royal did send out an email about a week ago asking us to be patient. Said they would be in contact again if we hadn't received our refund by May 6th. Checked this morning, no refund yet.

I had a cruise booked in April that was cancelled.  I rebooked for September and received a $600 OBC.  If it sails, great.  If not, I will rebook for something in 2021.  I am not booking any new cruises at this time.  I usually have two booked at any one time, but I will wait until sailing begins without any issues to book another cruise.

Edited by TNcruising02
  • Like 1

I had a cruise booked in April that I moved to September.  I also received a free cruise from Celebrity that cost me $280 in port fees and taxes to book for November.  I see no difference in being on a ship or going to Walmart or living my every day life.  The only risk I see is the ship being quarantined at the end of the cruise.  However, each person has to make their own decision on whats best for them.  I don't understand people that come on here and say no is cruising and if they do they are wrong and selfish.  As for me and my family, we are cruising. 

• Like 3

19 minutes ago, dallasdan said:

I had a cruise booked in April that I moved to September.  I also received a free cruise from Celebrity that cost me $280 in port fees and taxes to book for November.  I see no difference in being on a ship or going to Walmart or living my every day life.  The only risk I see is the ship being quarantined at the end of the cruise.  However, each person has to make their own decision on whats best for them.  I don't understand people that come on here and say no is cruising and if they do they are wrong and selfish.  As for me and my family, we are cruising. 

As you say, to each their own. For me, I've seen enough about this virus that I'm pretty convinced I would prefer not to get it. I've had quite a few colds in my life, don't think I've ever had the flu but then again I get a flu shot every year. But everyone I know that has had it was sick for 3 weeks there have been many stories of fundamentally health people being rushed to the hospital. Never had anything like from the average virus that goes around.

And because of that, right now I'm living my life in a way that was fundamentally different than it was a couple months ago and will continue for the forseeable future. For me it's not as simple as I could catch it at walmart, because I don't go to walmart anymore. Pickup groceries, pickup take out, very little physical interaction with strangers right now. The idea of going on a cruise and plopping down in lounge chair someone just got out of or being stuffed in should to shoulder at muster drill - I don't think you could pay me to do those things right now.

• Like 4

My cancelled cruise cost me a little less than a $1000 (Plus another $500 on excursions, etc that should be refunded.) I rebooked for June 2021 so I will have to pay another $1000.00. I will wait unless the last minute to pay this just in case I see it will not be safe to cruise. I can walk away from the $1000.00 if I need to and not be to upset. 

• Like 1