Cruise with Confidence Enhanced

dutchclogs

Just now, irishgal432 said:

For example. If I have an Alaska from SEATTle to Seattle can I switch it to Vancouver to Vancouver since it still Alaska?

I doubt it.  Maybe if it's the same number of nights, ship and ports.

6 minutes ago, wrk2cruise said:

Yes perks and price are protected.  It must be the same itinerary.

That's the bummer for us.  We had an 8 day Alaska cruise for this May that was canceled.  We rebooked for an August Alsaksan cruise which is a 7 day and more expensive, I get it, it is August.  But, we have a cabin held for next year in May to Alaska and all they had was a 9 day....that 9 day for the same cabin is $2800 more (when I just did the math on it), that isn't quite protecting those that can't switch to another exact itinerary.

4 minutes ago, AdventureJes said:

Has anyone tried this yet who had booked a guarantee room? I'm not finding pricing or even the option to select it for the itineraries that are a year out for my cruise and wonder if they have that rate blocked for a reason. I got an amazing price on a suite guarantee and would like to push it, but am not sure if I have to find something using the same rate. Any advice or thoughts would be appreciated. 

If your room has been assigned you may have a chance.  For example if you were assigned a S2 they may allow you to push to a S2 stateroom.

However I think we are going to find that there are many cruises which just don't have a "like" alternative in future sailing seasons.

So I called Celebrity today and it was very frustrating because we had an 10 day Ireland/Iceland cruise booked for June 5 and asked about the June 6 Ireland/Iceland cruise next year but was told no because it is 11 days and all of the similar cruises one month around our cruise are 11 days so they said we couldn't do it even though it is almost the exact same cruise just 1 more day grrrrrrr

Edited by cruising teacher80
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, cruising teacher80 said:

So I called Celebrity today and it was very frustrating because we had an 10 day Ireland/Iceland cruise booked for June 5 and asked about the June 6 Ireland/Iceland cruise next year but was told no because it is 11 days and all of the similar cruises one month around our cruise are 11 days so they said we couldn't do it even though it is almost the exact same cruise just 1 more day grrrrrrr

This is what we will be running into.  I have a call into our CVP at Celebrity but I'm sure I'll be told the same thing. In an effort to respond to not providing the "same old - same old" I think Celebrity changed up a lot of sailings so now we are faced with this, even though the change up was minimal.

Have a July 2020 Med cruise on Edge and might like to switch to July 2021 cruise in Med that has same number of nights but some different ports. 

Do we need to call up Celebrity to do this as I can't seem to see an online option. I do need to call next week as theoretically final payment is due. 

I have a cruise on the equinox that I got all 4 perks plus $500 on board credit that was suppose to be Memorial Day weekend. Would I qualify for this change to next year and keep your promotions? I got one heck of a deal!

4 minutes ago, timf264 said:

I have a cruise on the equinox that I got all 4 perks plus $500 on board credit that was suppose to be Memorial Day weekend. Would I qualify for this change to next year and keep your promotions? I got one heck of a deal!

Hasn't your cruise already been cancelled?  If you haven't received any refunds or FCC then I would call and see if they would do that for you if that's what you want.  The same itinerary would have to be available next year, many are not.  You would need to call your TA or Celebrity if booked direct.

One thing I learned is if your sailing is still showing on your upcoming cruises page then the actual "cancellation" has not been entered into the system.   That's what I was told when I inquired about my refund.  It only disappeared about a week and a half ago and they said refund would be 30 days from then.

If it's still showing then I'd push it as not actually been cancelled (plus no refund or FCC received which of course you would have if it was already cancelled 🙂 ).     But I bet they hold firm with a NO.

Edited by wrk2cruise

Our cruise has been canceled yes but no refund has come our way yet or fcc email. Plus the cruise still appears in my account to get ready to sail.

Edited by timf264

We have two cruises booked for this coming Dec and Jan that are covered. 

The Dec cruise is a holiday cruise on board Infinity.  The holiday cruise one year later does the same itinerary but is on Solstice.  So no shift and lift there.

The Jan 3 2021 cruise is on Solstice.  The same itinerary comes up 1 year + 25 days later and is on Eclipse.  The pricing is about the same as what we paid.

42 minutes ago, timf264 said:

Our cruise has been canceled yes but no refund has come our way yet or fcc email. Plus the cruise still appears in my account to get ready to sail.

I'm in a very similar situation.  So, I called, but no luck.  The guy I spoke to said it only applies to sailing currently scheduled between June 12 2020 and May 4th 2022.  It does not apply to previously cancelled cruises.  😞  Ah well, it was worth a shot! 🙂

It says Existing bookings. Which my cruise still exists and they haven't canceled it yet... worth a shot I guess. 

Existing bookings and new bookings made May 6, 2020 through August 1, 2020, are eligible to be rescheduled to the following cruise year at the initial price and/or promotion when selecting an alternative sailing of the same itinerary type, ship class, stateroom category, and voyage length within four weeks of the original sail date. Only guests originally booked on a Holiday sailing may move to a Holiday sailing the following year. The decision to adjust a current booking to the following cruise year must be made by August 1, 2020. If rescheduling within the penalty period of the original sailing date, penalties will be carried over to the new booking should the new booking be canceled later. You may only reschedule a sailing once.

5 hours ago, Mummble said:

I'm in a very similar situation.  So, I called, but no luck.  The guy I spoke to said it only applies to sailing currently scheduled between June 12 2020 and May 4th 2022.  It does not apply to previously cancelled cruises.  😞  Ah well, it was worth a shot! 🙂

This doesn't seem to match the FAQ on the Celebrity website: 

If I have a Future Cruise Credit of 125% issued from a suspended sailing, can reschedule the same cruise at the same price with the same promo for the next year?

Yes, but you will forfeit the 25% of the 125% Future Cruise Credit.

I have asked my TA to see if I can rebook at the same rate for next year, understanding that I would lose the extra 25% FCC I was given for our cruise that was cancelled.

Sadly, I think we will miss out on this offer as we cancelled our 15th March Eclipse San Antonio to San Diego cruise three days before the cruise that never was and received a FCC. The T&C say that it applies to current and new bookings? We had a deal on that cruise that we could never replicate as booked two years out and graded a bargain.

Just now, Homestyle said:

Sadly, I think we will miss out on this offer as we cancelled our 15th March Eclipse San Antonio to San Diego cruise three days before the cruise that never was and received a FCC. The T&C say that it applies to current and new bookings? We had a deal on that cruise that we could never replicate as booked two years out and graded a bargain.

That’s a real shame, this deal if the criteria is met looks far better than the 125% FCC.

7 minutes ago, Homestyle said:

We only got 100% as we cancelled it ourselves. We still flew to Chile planning a two week road trip instead as the flights where non refundable, but ended up leaving as the lockdown loomed

Sorry to here that. I do however think in many cases criteria for the new deal may not be met dependant on how strictly they deem like for like to be. A change of port, an extra day, different ship. I wonder how many sailing will end up being exactly the same which they may demand when they get their own heads around it, could be as little as maybe 30% are eligible. May even depend which rep or supervisor deals with it, there may be a level of leeway.

I have just spoken to Celebrity, who advise the following:

- Has to be for the exact same number of nights, no going from 9 - 10 or even 9 - 8

- Has to be the exact same ship

- Has to be the same itinerary like for like. Although, she did say if it was a Panama Canal cruise Miami to San Diego, it could be a Miami to Los Angeles or instead of Monte Carlo, it could stop at Nice instead.

- It only applies to live bookings or new bookings booked by 1st August 2020.

We had success with this today. We booked on-board in October 2019 for a 12 day Caribbean cruise on equinox November 27 2020. Called today and at first was told no....and was quoted the current price listed on celebrity website......then they got a supervisor and we got everything switched over to the 12 day equinox cruise for November 28, 2021. Only one port difference.. we kept all perks and didn’t pay the change fee from our NR deposit. We actually paid 16$ less because taxes went down..... very pleased and eased our minds with all this uncertainty lately.....

20 minutes ago, Homestyle said:

I have just spoken to Celebrity, who advise the following:

- Has to be for the exact same number of nights, no going from 9 - 10 or even 9 - 8

- Has to be the exact same ship

- Has to be the same itinerary like for like. Although, she did say if it was a Panama Canal cruise Miami to San Diego, it could be a Miami to Los Angeles or instead of Monte Carlo, it could stop at Nice instead.

- It only applies to live bookings or new bookings booked by 1st August 2020.

My worry for sure given we would be changing ships, although someone further up did have success in that regard I feel they may be one of the lucky ones. Given the way they move ships around I feel lots of people including us will be out of luck.

I thought someone had reported success for a different ship since the ship had been changed for the next season. A M-class being replaced by a S-class. However this will most likely be dependent on who you speak to at X!

Just checked - post 41

Edited by downsmead

52 minutes ago, LBJB2009 said:

We had success with this today. We booked on-board in October 2019 for a 12 day Caribbean cruise on equinox November 27 2020. Called today and at first was told no....and was quoted the current price listed on celebrity website......then they got a supervisor and we got everything switched over to the 12 day equinox cruise for November 28, 2021. Only one port difference.. we kept all perks and didn’t pay the change fee from our NR deposit. We actually paid 16$ less because taxes went down..... very pleased and eased our minds with all this uncertainty lately.....

Does the deposit remain NR?