Cruise with Confidence Enhanced

dutchclogs

Royal board folk are having more leeway... doesn't have to be same port or same ship.

Mine had a more exact match. I moved my Sep 26 Grandeur from Baltimore to Bermuda to Sep 18 2021 Enchantment (Grandeur retiring). Kept same booking number. They moved my $250 NRD and my final payment is now June 2021. As it was either get FCC for the deposit or move the cruise and I had a fantastic price after 5 repricings I moved the cruise. It was even $75 cheaper as taxes/fees less for some reason. Got same position aft corner JS cabin.

44 minutes ago, twins_to_alaska said:

Royal board folk are having more leeway... doesn't have to be same port or same ship.

Mine had a more exact match. I moved my Sep 26 Grandeur from Baltimore to Bermuda to Sep 18 2021 Enchantment (Grandeur retiring). Kept same booking number. They moved my $250 NRD and my final payment is now June 2021. As it was either get FCC for the deposit or move the cruise and I had a fantastic price after 5 repricings I moved the cruise. It was even $75 cheaper as taxes/fees less for some reason. Got same position aft corner JS cabin.

Strange how the same company is allowing a change of ship on RC but not Celebrity.

Chances of swapping a 9 night Med cruise to a 9 night Fjords? probably zero, we don’t have to pay our balance until July, so I’ll probably sit tight until nearer the time, they might slacken the rules by then!!

3 hours ago, LBJB2009 said:

We had success with this today. We booked on-board in October 2019 for a 12 day Caribbean cruise on equinox November 27 2020. Called today and at first was told no....and was quoted the current price listed on celebrity website......then they got a supervisor and we got everything switched over to the 12 day equinox cruise for November 28, 2021. Only one port difference.. we kept all perks and didn’t pay the change fee from our NR deposit. We actually paid 16$ less because taxes went down..... very pleased and eased our minds with all this uncertainty lately.....

What is different in your replacement cruise that caused concern?  I only see a year date difference...12 days, Equinox...shouldn't have had any discussion to replace according the the email wording.  I have a Nov. 2020 Reflection 10 day...want to replace with 12 day Equinox Nov. 28 or the 10 day Edge Nov. 12 because there is no Reflection 10 day in November.  Told by CVP  "So you could swap the sailing to the one you’re thinking of, just at prevailing prices and promotions."

Going to up this to the Resolution Desk after reading what all here are experiencing and gathering feedback to arm myself with...LOL.

6 minutes ago, oceangoer2 said:

What is different in your replacement cruise that caused concern?  I only see a year date difference...12 days, Equinox...shouldn't have had any discussion to replace according the the email wording.  I have a Nov. 2020 Reflection 10 day...want to replace with 12 day Equinox Nov. 28 or the 10 day Edge Nov. 12 because there is no Reflection 10 day in November.  Told by CVP  "So you could swap the sailing to the one you’re thinking of, just at prevailing prices and promotions."

Going to up this to the Resolution Desk after reading what all here are experiencing and gathering feedback to arm myself with...LOL.

Nothing was different. I think because we called yesterday and it was a new policy just starting yesterday both our TA and the Celebrity agent were misinformed. Once I pointed out what it said on their website and in an email I received the switch was made without issue. I’ve read on these forums if the number of days of the cruise are different it’s a no go..like you can’t go from a 10 day to a 11 or 9 etc.....some have said it has to be same ship, but I’m not sure if that is correct or not. For us it happened to be all the exact same anyway. Good luck! 

7 hours ago, henry1005 said:

This doesn't seem to match the FAQ on the Celebrity website: 

If I have a Future Cruise Credit of 125% issued from a suspended sailing, can reschedule the same cruise at the same price with the same promo for the next year?

Yes, but you will forfeit the 25% of the 125% Future Cruise Credit.

I have asked my TA to see if I can rebook at the same rate for next year, understanding that I would lose the extra 25% FCC I was given for our cruise that was cancelled.

Excellent!  I will call back and try again.  It's a much better deal for me.

21 hours ago, TFree said:

So, for example, if I had a February 14, 2021 cruise date, under your interpretation I could change it for the same price to the same cruise from mid-January to mid-March 2022 (so long as I make the change by August 1, 2020).  That is interesting, and not the way I originally read it.  Hopefully someone will check this out, and if I don't see anything I may eventually call my TA to check this out.  

Tom & Judy

That is how I interpreted it.  We have an existing booking for December 2020 (during a holiday sailing).  My interpretation is that I can change our cruise to a holiday cruise in 2021 (or within four weeks of our original cruise date in the following year) on a similar itinerary (Caribbean), class of ship (we are on the Summit) and similar stateroom (we have a CS, so I would assume they would need us to book CS or higher).  I looked at similar December cruises for the following year and nothing is of interest to us (very similar itineraries to what we've already done), so we will probably opt for the FCC if we don't feel comfortable sailing in December 2020 (if they are even sailing then).  I was pleasantly surprised that we were included in the offer this far out.  Our PIF isn't until September, so I have plenty of time to decide.  We have a non-refundable deposit and I am thrilled we can now use 100% of that toward a different cruise if need be.  They could very well have kept us to the original terms and conditions of our NRD.  Honestly, I was about to write off cruising altogether, but with RCCL and X signing the letter to get their crew home and now this extension of Cruise with Confidence to their guests, I feel a little better about X as a cruise line.  I love the fact that we can now use our deposit and not even cruise until May 2022 if need be.  Just gives us some breathing room.

54 minutes ago, oceangoer2 said:

Please let me know how this winds up for you.

1 hour ago, oceangoer2 said:

We are in the exact same boat. Please come back and let us know what happens.

10 minutes ago, CHEZMARYLOU said:

We are in the exact same boat. Please come back and let us know what happens.

Haven't heard yet BUT...checked further and the Edge Nov. 21 has the exact 10 days, home port, and ports visited as the Nov. '20 Reflection, so I'd think that would be considered the 'natural' replacement.  It IS lower in price so they may not accept that.  Only other close in price is a 12 day Equinox.    I'm insisting on keeping our onboard booking OBCs and perks so we'll see.

16 hours ago, irishgal432 said:

For example. If I have an Alaska from SEATTle to Seattle can I switch it to Vancouver to Vancouver since it still Alaska?

Royal is allowing that. I have not heard is Celebrity is.

Interesting conversation with a CS agent this morning 😡 ( not)

I have a cruise booked for March 2021 with a refundable deposit. I booked this cruise in early 2019. Prices have skyrocketed since I booked. So have prices for cruises in 2022. 

Agent said I am “ unable to take advantage of this new policy and move my 2021 cruise to 2022 because it’s only for bookings made AFTER May 6th. “ After speaking with a supervisor to clarify as I argued that’s not what it says online, he refused. So I think I’ll give it a few weeks and try a different agent once this settles down a bit. 
Also, I have been waiting for a FCC since our March 14 cruise was cancelled. I think it’s 56 days now. ( 40 buisness days) . I told him to change it to a refund . I just want my money back.  His response? That will be a 6 week wait for your refund. It’s almost comical. Except, it’s really not. 
Hope others are having better luck then me. 

Just to help clear up a couple points.  From Celebrity's FAQ on the "same price same cruise" page: https://www.celebritycruises.com/travel-alert/frequently-asked-questions

"Existing bookings and new bookings made May 6, 2020 through August 1, 2020, are eligible to be rescheduled to the following cruise year at the initial price and/or promotion when selecting an alternative sailing of the same itinerary type, ship class, stateroom category, and voyage length within four weeks of the original sail date. Only guests originally booked on a Holiday sailing may move to a Holiday sailing the following year. The decision to adjust a current booking to the following cruise year must be made by August 1, 2020. If rescheduling within the penalty period of the original sailing date, penalties will be carried over to the new booking should the new booking be canceled later. You may only reschedule a sailing once."

• On the face of it it applies to existing bookings as well as new bookings made after May 6.  That ought to be an easy fix for the person who ran into that problem.
  • Also on the face of it, it does not require the same ship, only the same class of ship.
  • One person above reported success in switching from a spring 2021 Asian cruise on Millennium to a similar 2022 cruise on Solstice (different class of ship), because Solstice is the only ship sailing on that route in spring 2022.  In the absence of a situation like that, they will presumably require you to stay in the same class of ship.  (And, unfortunately, even the Millennium to Solstice type switch of class probably depends on who you or your TA talks to at Celebrity.)

Tom & Judy

• Thanks 1

My TA reached out to Celebrity last night - 

We are currently on a holiday sailing of Connie out of Tampa in December - for next year they are doing a similar (but slightly different) on Edge out of Ft Laud - Celebrity is not running the exact same cruise the following year - and we were told the prevailing rates line. 

I asked my TA to check 

A) what the rates would be compared to what we have

B) If there would be any penalties - I believe we currently have  NRD on the current booking

C) What happens if we just wait under CWC use the future cruise credit

This booking was originally made July of 2019 and transferred ships in January of 2020 so we are fine within the period of booking - it's all the other questions that come into play

47 minutes ago, son3cruisers said:

Interesting conversation with a CS agent this morning 😡 ( not)

I have a cruise booked for March 2021 with a refundable deposit. I booked this cruise in early 2019. Prices have skyrocketed since I booked. So have prices for cruises in 2022. 

Agent said I am “ unable to take advantage of this new policy and move my 2021 cruise to 2022 because it’s only for bookings made AFTER May 6th. “ After speaking with a supervisor to clarify as I argued that’s not what it says online, he refused. So I think I’ll give it a few weeks and try a different agent once this settles down a bit. 
Also, I have been waiting for a FCC since our March 14 cruise was cancelled. I think it’s 56 days now. ( 40 buisness days) . I told him to change it to a refund . I just want my money back.  His response? That will be a 6 week wait for your refund. It’s almost comical. Except, it’s really not. 
Hope others are having better luck then me. 

That's absolute nonsense. As I explained back in Post #33, yesterday I was able to change a March 2021 cruise to a March 2022 cruise; the 2021 cruise was booked back in August of 2019. I would call back and if there is still an issue ask them to refer it to the Resolutions unit. When I had the change made yesterday, through my TA, the Celebrity agent admitted that she wasn't sure on how this new policy worked, but Resolutions was able to help her out. 

The FAQ wording could have benefitted from the addition of a comma after "Existing booking":

Existing bookings, and new bookings made May 6, 2020 through August 1, 2020

On the other hand, the T&C are very precise and causes no confusion over the eligibility of existing bookings:

Terms & Conditions

Celebrity Cruises’  (“CEL”) “Cruise with Confidence” program allows individual guests and guests in non-contracted groups who booked a cruise on or before August 1, 2020, for cruises sailing between June 12, 2020 and May 4, 2022, to cancel their cruise up to 48 hours prior to the vacation start date and have the option to either (i) receive a Future Cruise Credit equal to the full amount of the cruise fare the guest paid for their cruise, or (ii)  move their booking to an eligible alternate sailing and receive our “best price guarantee” for the re-booked sailing, or (iii) opt in for our “best price guarantee” on their current sailing.   “Eligible alternate sailing” means a booking in the same stateroom category sailing with CEL on the same product (itinerary) and cruise length scheduled within four weeks before or four weeks after the date of the original sailing but in the subsequent year. 

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, TFree said:

Just to help clear up a couple points.  From Celebrity's FAQ on the "same price same cruise" page: https://www.celebritycruises.com/travel-alert/frequently-asked-questions

"Existing bookings and new bookings made May 6, 2020 through August 1, 2020, are eligible to be rescheduled to the following cruise year at the initial price and/or promotion when selecting an alternative sailing of the same itinerary type, ship class, stateroom category, and voyage length within four weeks of the original sail date. Only guests originally booked on a Holiday sailing may move to a Holiday sailing the following year. The decision to adjust a current booking to the following cruise year must be made by August 1, 2020. If rescheduling within the penalty period of the original sailing date, penalties will be carried over to the new booking should the new booking be canceled later. You may only reschedule a sailing once."

• On the face of it it applies to existing bookings as well as new bookings made after May 6.  That ought to be an easy fix for the person who ran into that problem.
  • Also on the face of it, it does not require the same ship, only the same class of ship.
  • One person above reported success in switching from a spring 2021 Asian cruise on Millennium to a similar 2022 cruise on Solstice (different class of ship), because Solstice is the only ship sailing on that route in spring 2022.  In the absence of a situation like that, they will presumably require you to stay in the same class of ship.  (And, unfortunately, even the Millennium to Solstice type switch of class probably depends on who you or your TA talks to at Celebrity.)

Tom & Judy

I posted on their Facebook page and asked about changing from M class to S class on our cruise and stated I felt they should take a look at the ability to do that as part of the offer. This was their reply.

Celebrity Cruises Hi Mark, you absolutely can change to a different ship - that is no issue. - Jack
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, Fouremco said:

That's absolute nonsense. As I explained back in Post #33, yesterday I was able to change a March 2021 cruise to a March 2022 cruise; the 2021 cruise was booked back in August of 2019. I would call back and if there is still an issue ask them to refer it to the Resolutions unit. When I had the change made yesterday, through my TA, the Celebrity agent admitted that she wasn't sure on how this new policy worked, but Resolutions was able to help her out. 

The FAQ wording could have benefitted from the addition of a comma after "Existing booking":

Existing bookings, and new bookings made May 6, 2020 through August 1, 2020

On the other hand, the T&C are very precise and causes no confusion over the eligibility of existing bookings:

Terms & Conditions

Celebrity Cruises’  (“CEL”) “Cruise with Confidence” program allows individual guests and guests in non-contracted groups who booked a cruise on or before August 1, 2020, for cruises sailing between June 12, 2020 and May 4, 2022, to cancel their cruise up to 48 hours prior to the vacation start date and have the option to either (i) receive a Future Cruise Credit equal to the full amount of the cruise fare the guest paid for their cruise, or (ii)  move their booking to an eligible alternate sailing and receive our “best price guarantee” for the re-booked sailing, or (iii) opt in for our “best price guarantee” on their current sailing.   “Eligible alternate sailing” means a booking in the same stateroom category sailing with CEL on the same product (itinerary) and cruise length scheduled within four weeks before or four weeks after the date of the original sailing but in the subsequent year. 

Oh this is great. Thank you very much. 
Yes, I read your post and mentioned it to the CS agent. That’s why he needed to check with his “ supervisor” So inconsistent. 
I’ll call back next week. I waited on hold for 54 mins to talk this time, I’m done for today. So frustrating. 

I'm booked Nov 23, 2020 for 11 nights on Reflection (Solstice class ship), this is Thanksgiving week.

The Nov 22, 2021 11 night cruise from this port is on Edge which is a different class ship.

So I can't take advantage of this because Celebrity changed the ship? 

Just now, bbixler18 said:

I'm booked Nov 23, 2020 for 11 nights on Reflection (Solstice class ship), this is Thanksgiving week.

The Nov 22, 2021 11 night cruise from this port is on Edge which is a different class ship.

So I can't take advantage of this because Celebrity changed the ship? 

Look at the response I got on their Facebook page on my post above.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1