Carnival Survey

9 minutes ago, BlerkOne said:

I think some people might say the same if masks were not required.

I agree that cruise ships should not be held to a different standard than airlines, concerts, sporting events, theme parks, churches, etc. The virus doesn't discriminate.

Agreed. There isn't going to be a universal agreement on this. Some will be for masks and others would prefer not to wear one... just like I'm in the group that prefers plastic straws. Luckily cruises aren't a necessity and we can opt to sail when the experience provided meets our individual requirements.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, BlerkOne said:

I imagine Carnival is trying various scenarios to see what works for both CDC and customers.

The purpose of wearing a mask is not so much to protect the wearer, but to protect the people around them. They certainly could be required as a condition of cruising.

I have seen nothing to suggest that it does anything at all for wearer (from my medical employed kids) only affects the wearer not potentially affecting others.   

• Like 4

I just can't see where wearing masks on a ship will work.  I can see it now.  Used masks found in elevators, by pools and hot tubs and in the hall ways. How many trash cans do you see around the ship? After being in the sun the masks will become unwearable.  Can you imagine trying to breathe through one in the hot sun?  Full of moisture and body fluids. A perfect petri dish for a multitude of bacteria.  Yeah. I'll pass.

• Like 6

27 minutes ago, Butterbean1000 said:

I just can't see where wearing masks on a ship will work.  I can see it now.  Used masks found in elevators, by pools and hot tubs and in the hall ways. How many trash cans do you see around the ship? After being in the sun the masks will become unwearable.  Can you imagine trying to breathe through one in the hot sun?  Full of moisture and body fluids. A perfect petri dish for a multitude of bacteria.  Yeah. I'll pass.

This!

Besides who wants to take photo's on Elegant Night with a Mask on?? Not Me!

• Like 2

4 hours ago, jimbo5544 said:

I have seen nothing to suggest that it does anything at all for wearer (from my medical employed kids) only affects the wearer not potentially affecting others.   

Depends on the type of mask and if worn properly, but of course they do. Face shields, too. It is why N95 masks are in such demand.

• Like 1

While I have not yet received the survey, there is no way I would want to wear a mask around the ship while on a cruise- especially if sitting on the deck.   I would cancel the cruise first.  We wear masks (and gloves) everyday here.  The temperature hit 70 a few days ago, and I was dripping under the mask.  I can imagine what wearing it in 85 degree weather would be like. (I am sure those of you in warmer climates could tell me!!) 

• Like 5

We live in Florida and wearing the mask is very unpleasant with the heat.  If masks are required, I will pass on the cruise.

However, I would be perfectly fine with the testing.  Fifteen seconds of discomfort is worth it to me.  

• Like 4

Just took the survey. A couple of points. 

They are looking to send out marketing information in the next TWO WEEKS and asked for feedback on various marketing ad messages.

They asked about what would make you book a cruise withing the next three months. 

They asked about how you felt about various steps and actions they may take in response to Covid-19 and how that influenced

your likelihood of booking a cruise.  

• Like 4

I did the survey a few minutes ago.  I hate wearing mask and having to practice social distancing, but I do. As much as I LOVE to cruise, mask & social distancing is not my idea of fun. With that said, I will not be cruising anytime soon. 😢 

• Like 1

I've now completed three 'future travel' surveys:  the one from Carnival, and two from other travel/hospitality providers.  I found them all quite interesting, and was very glad to see the amount of similarities . . . indicating (at least to me) there is a cohesive focus on how things can potentially be brought back online in phases.

One of them went down a unique path regarding appealing to a particular audience.  Loved it . . . but immediately thought, "Oooo, Carnival's marketing plan could have a big challenge with any change there whatsoever, which is totally their choice."  << yet often discussed on Cruise Critic.

I highly encourage all veteran travelers to keep an eye out for potential survey experiences arriving to them.  Opinions and feedback can make a difference.  It can't hurt, right?

Happy cruising, all !!! 😊 😊

• Like 1

10 hours ago, DGP1111 said:

I've now completed three 'future travel' surveys:  the one from Carnival, and two from other travel/hospitality providers.  I found them all quite interesting, and was very glad to see the amount of similarities . . . indicating (at least to me) there is a cohesive focus on how things can potentially be brought back online in phases.

One of them went down a unique path regarding appealing to a particular audience.  Loved it . . . but immediately thought, "Oooo, Carnival's marketing plan could have a big challenge with any change there whatsoever, which is totally their choice."  << yet often discussed on Cruise Critic.

I highly encourage all veteran travelers to keep an eye out for potential survey experiences arriving to them.  Opinions and feedback can make a difference.  It can't hurt, right?

Happy cruising, all !!! 😊 😊

Interesting 

On 5/7/2020 at 3:02 PM, kwokpot said:

Just took the survey. A couple of points. 

They are looking to send out marketing information in the next TWO WEEKS and asked for feedback on various marketing ad messages.

They asked about what would make you book a cruise withing the next three months. 

They asked about how you felt about various steps and actions they may take in response to Covid-19 and how that influenced

your likelihood of booking a cruise.  

Aren't the contents of the survey supposed to remain confidential or did the affiliate providing the survey not provide you the disclaimer agreement?

Just curious... for the record, I have not participated in any surveys on behalf of Carnival Corporation regarding Covid-19.

Edited by xDisconnections

2 hours ago, xDisconnections said:

Aren't the contents of the survey supposed to remain confidential or did the affiliate providing the survey not provide you the disclaimer agreement?

Just curious... for the record, I have not participated in any surveys on behalf of Carnival Corporation regarding Covid-19.

TBH I don't remember seeing any disclaimers. Any any case it's just a survey. No trade secrets and I didn't disclose any any specific messaging, just generalites. I'm not enrolled into any specific trial or confidential test group or anything of the sort.

I curious why you asked that question? I literally wrote four sentences. In fact there's many websites where you can signup to take surveys to get rewards and benefits. This wasn't even that.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, kwokpot said:

TBH I don't remember seeing any disclaimers. Any any case it's just a survey. No trade secrets and I didn't disclose any any specific messaging, just generalites. I'm not enrolled into any specific trial or confidential test group or anything of the sort.

I curious why you asked that question? I literally wrote four sentences. In fact there's many websites where you can signup to take surveys to get rewards and benefits. This wasn't even that.

Because nearly all surveys request the participant to express confidentiality to preserve the integrity of the data being collected.

It’s an industry standard.

31 minutes ago, xDisconnections said:

Because nearly all surveys request the participant to express confidentiality to preserve the integrity of the data being collected.

It’s an industry standard.

Interesting. I always thought the confidentiality had to do with the answers thus protecting the person taking the survey.  Why in the world world the questions be secret?  

• Like 3

56 minutes ago, ladylyn915 said:

Interesting. I always thought the confidentiality had to do with the answers thus protecting the person taking the survey.  Why in the world world the questions be secret?  

TBH, I was hoping someone would copy and paste the survey so I could see it. My bad.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, ninjacat123 said:

TBH, I was hoping someone would copy and paste the survey so I could see it. My bad.

It sounds like if they do, it's at their own risk of being flamed. I never even thought of a survey being top secret.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, ladylyn915 said:

Think of yourself as a business owner conducting a survey to gain an advantage over your competitor. Would you understand why the questions shouldn’t be disclosed?

It’s the same concept as an NDA. In what reality would it only be to protect the answers?

35 minutes ago, xDisconnections said:

Think of yourself as a business owner conducting a survey to gain an advantage over your competitor. Would you understand why the questions shouldn’t be disclosed?

It’s the same concept as an NDA. In what reality would it only be to protect the answers?

Sorry - I do not agree at all that a survey is the same thing as a NDA.  And,  a survey  to gain an advantage over a competitor should  state it purpose and ask for a NDA.  If asked for a NDA, I would decline to participate.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, ladylyn915 said:

Sorry - I do not agree at all that a survey is the same thing as a NDA.  And,  a survey  to gain an advantage over a competitor should  state it purpose and ask for a NDA.  If asked for a NDA, I would decline to participate.

First page on most surveys — you have to acknowledge and agree to proceed.

1 hour ago, xDisconnections said:

First page on most surveys — you have to acknowledge and agree to proceed.

Definitely not the case with any current travel industry related Covid-19 surveys I have recently done. 

34 minutes ago, kwokpot said:

Definitely not the case with any current travel industry related Covid-19 surveys I have recently done. 

Interesting.

Every survey I have taken involving travel and Covid-19 did have that disclaimer... just as any other various survey did as well.