Seabourn announces further cancellations (5-6-20)

zelker

Disappointing for us as we are due to be on Sojourn from October 14. We will not be going but were hoping for the refund of our deposit. We will have to wait and see what the next three months unfold.

They still have to update the Book with Confidence page on the website.

9 minutes ago, Nachosdelux said:

bad news that they are only giving FCC, not refunds.  Hope the company survives.

I read it but .. can they? I'm sure they can offer FCC, they can even prefer FCC however I would have thought, at least in many jurisdictions around the world, that if you buy something and the seller says they cannot deliver it and cancels it, refund of your purchase price must be an option. 

58 minutes ago, Nachosdelux said:

bad news that they are only giving FCC, not refunds.  Hope the company survives.

They ARE offering 125% FCC OR a refund of money paid.

2 hours ago, norm2002 said:

The page is now broken. Maybe they're in the process of updating it.

Book with confidence

Certainly hope so.  We have or will have some FCC that according to the previous Cruise Weih Confidence Page we had to book by the end of 2020 and only for 2020 or 2021 cruises.  Seems a bit disengenuous now with almost all of 2020 now cancelled and really don't want to book before seeing how this all shakes out late in this year.

Hoping they revised the Book with Confidence to allow us to book thru 2021 on cruises thru 2022.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Nachosdelux said:

my mistake, I did not read that far.

I did read carefully before I posted yesterday and did not see refund mentioned. Either I am starting to have senior moments, or the wording was updated. Certainly agree it says it now. 

2 hours ago, rols said:

I did read carefully before I posted yesterday and did not see refund mentioned. Either I am starting to have senior moments, or the wording was updated. Certainly agree it says it now. 

It hasn't changed since yesterday but it took me reading through the entire announcement twice to find it.  My first thought was that perhaps it wasn't highlighted intentionally??  🤨