When will NCL cancel all Alaska and Canada/New England cruises?

Other cruise lines is now canceling all of the Alaska and Canada/New England cruises. i wonder what is taking NCL so long to announce this. Final payment for most the fall canda/new england cruises is coming up and it would be better if they cancel now before final payment

Well I just read that British Columbia will not open it's US border to cruise ships until 2021.  So in theory, there's no reason for NCL to delay announcing the cancellations...except of course, for the refund issue.  It's so unfair for those approaching final payment.  They'd rather you cancel and are hedging their bets that you will.

And NCL is still actively selling Alaska cruises starting in early July, advertising  that the 5 item promo package is extended for just a limited time.  Yea.  I know.  I keep repeating this.  But it aggravates me.  It's criminal.  Maybe NCL will see this and get their act together and remove those cruises that will never, never happen.  

3 minutes ago, roger001 said:

And NCL is still actively selling Alaska cruises starting in early July, advertising  that the 5 item promo package is extended for just a limited time.  Yea.  I know.  I keep repeating this.  But it aggravates me.  It's criminal.  Maybe NCL will see this and get their act together and remove those cruises that will never, never happen.  

Why would they stay stop selling cruises (does not matter if they will sail or not) they get a free loan instead of paying 12.5% on their junk bonds.

The crews are still on the ships, maybe it's wishful thinking, huh. Hope & dream in staying alive. It's just money.

How does that sound.  Who doesn't like cruising here. 😁 😷

19 minutes ago, Newleno said:

Why would they stay stop selling cruises (does not matter if they will sail or not) they get a free loan instead of paying 12.5% on their junk bonds.

No reason in the world they should stop if they can legally get away with it.  "Getting away with it" is what they are doing.  

1 hour ago, roger001 said:

As the old saying goes, 'a fool and his money are soon parted'.

Princess has already cancelled their summer Alaska and CNE cruises, even into early fall. NCL won't be able to sail there so I would not pay any more money on those cruises, and definitely wouldn't pay final payment on them.