Pricing GREAT right now for Alaska in May 2021

A heads up. Sailing Quantum next May 24, after our May 22 cruise cancelled this year on Ovation.

Three days ago, got our price lowered on my sister & aunt’s balcony cabin, by $550, and a small bump down on our Jr Suite of $120.

Just checked the pricing and saved an additional $150 on their cabin, and a whopping $660 on our Jr Suite. [emoji15]  We were paying just over $5000 this year for Ovation, and now paying UNDER $4000 for Quantum next year. Crazy pricing for Alaska on the Quantum class!

Wanted to share in case someone is interested. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Jimbo said:

Not a great ship for Alaska, too big, to many people. No Hubbard Glacier, No Glacier Bay and No Inside Passage.

It's actually a very nice itinerary.

Seattle, Washington
Departs at 4:00 PM
Cruising
Day at sea
Juneau, Alaska
From 12:00 PM - 8:30 PM
Endicott Arm & Dawes Glacier, Alaska
Sightseeing from 6:00 AM - 10:30 AM
Icy Strait Point, Alaska
From 5:00 PM - 10:00 PM
Sitka, Alaska
From 8:00 AM - 4:00 PM
Cruising
Day at sea
Victoria, British Columbia
From 10:00 AM - 6:00 PM
Seattle, Washington
Arrives at 7:00 AM
  • Like 2

7   days not enough

• Day 1: Vancouver
    •  | Depart 04:30 PM
    • Day 2: At Sea
    •  
    • Day 3: Juneau
    •  | 01:30 PM To 09:00 PM
    • Day 4: Skagway
    • | 06:00 AM To 08:30 PM
    • Day 5: Glacier Bay
    •  | 07:00 AM To 03:30 PM
    • Day 6: Hubbard Glacier
    • | 07:00 AM To 01:00 PM
    • Day 7: Icy Strait Point
    • T | 07:00 AM To 06:00 PM
    • Day 8: Sitka
    •  | 07:00 AM To 05:00 PM
    • Day 9: Ketchikan
    •  | 08:00 AM To 06:00 PM
    • Day 10: At Sea
    •  
    • Day 11: Vancouver
    •  | Arrive 07:30 AM
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, Merion_Mom said:

Seattle, Washington
Cruising
Day at sea
Juneau, Alaska
Icy Strait Point, Alaska
Sitka, Alaska
Cruising
Day at sea
Seattle, Washington

No it not. Pay close attention to the exact routing. You are mainly out in the open Pacific. Check Serenade of the Seas and Radiance routing. On that ship you sail between British Columbia and the islands. On the big ships you are looking at empty ocean.

18 minutes ago, Merion_Mom said:

Seattle, Washington
Cruising
Day at sea
Juneau, Alaska
Icy Strait Point, Alaska
Sitka, Alaska
Cruising
Day at sea
Seattle, Washington

Me, prefer Radiance Class. My Kids and Dad love the Quantum and Oasis... 

I have done Alaska on Radiance class ships and Voyager class ships.   

And I still say that these are very nice ports.

Obviously you will see more on an 11 night cruise.  DUH.

I don't see that cruise - not a Royal Caribbean cruise?

1 hour ago, Merion_Mom said:

Seattle, Washington
Cruising
Day at sea
Juneau, Alaska
Icy Strait Point, Alaska
Sitka, Alaska
Cruising
Day at sea
Seattle, Washington

Carol, what are your thoughts on Quantum vs Ovation.  I’m currently booked on Ovation and have seen the lower pricing on Quantum.  I’m just a little hesitant with her coming from her Asia homeport to doing this itinerary and how much or little she will change for the American market. 

41 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

Carol, what are your thoughts on Quantum vs Ovation.  I’m currently booked on Ovation and have seen the lower pricing on Quantum.  I’m just a little hesitant with her coming from her Asia homeport to doing this itinerary and how much or little she will change for the American market. 

I am not an accurate source for that issue.  I was last on Quantum in February 2015.  I have not yet sailed on Ovation.  (I cancelled one last year, and have two booked for next year).  I have a LOT of experience on Anthem.  I like this class of ship.  Yes, they are large, but there is lots of room inside and out for watching scenery go by.  Two70 is incomparable.

I have no idea what RC has done or will do to Quantum between now and her Alaska voyages.

• Like 1

Yeah, we’ve sailed Radiance one way in AK, but chose round trip due to the family members traveling with us. And we love the quantum class. It’s our favorite. To each their own, right? [emoji846]

That said, we are excited about Sitka (first time), Juneau and ISP, since we really enjoy whale watching. All are excellent for that.

The price is why I shared this post. The balcony cabin is the same price we paid for a balcony on Radiance 5 years ago! And the JS saves $1300 over last year. [emoji846]

For those who like to sail AK from Seattle round trip, check it out. [emoji1303]

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

5 hours ago, Merion_Mom said:

Two70 is my favorite place on any RCI ship.  🙂  We’ve sailed twice on Anthem to NE, and nothing beat the views from there. 

RCI has this cruise ‘lumped in’ with the 5/17 sailing. It’s the second choice when you click on that choice. 🙂

Edited by barbeyg

1 hour ago, barbeyg said:

Two70 is my favorite place on any RCI ship.  🙂  We’ve sailed twice on Anthem to NE, and nothing beat the views from there. 

RCI has this cruise ‘lumped in’ with the 5/17 sailing. It’s the second choice when you click on that choice. 🙂

Not you. The guy who posted the 10 night itinerary. 

😊

7 hours ago, HaveWeMetYet said:

No it not. Pay close attention to the exact routing. You are mainly out in the open Pacific. Check Serenade of the Seas and Radiance routing. On that ship you sail between British Columbia and the islands. On the big ships you are looking at empty ocean.

This itinerary follows a similar route we took a few years back. True, on the way to Juneau, you’re on the west side of Vancouver island and on open water with not much to see but the ocean (and in our case rather choppy), but from Juneau on, you’re cruising along the inside passage. 

While I would prefer an itinerary that stays in the inside passage and that visits Glacier Bay, for the right price I’d take the itinerary that the OP posted. And sailing Roundtrip from Seattle usually translates into substantially cheaper airfare as well. It’s not perfect but it does have its advantages, specially for people who want to see Alaska on a reduced budget and who don’t have the time to do something longer than 7 nights. 

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Tapi said:

While I would prefer an itinerary that stays in the inside passage and that visits Glacier Bay, for the right price I’d take the itinerary that the OP posted. And sailing Roundtrip from Seattle usually translates into substantially cheaper airfare as well. It’s not perfect but it does have its advantages, specially for people who want to see Alaska on a reduced budget and who don’t have the time to do something longer than 7 nights. 

We have my oldest sister sailing with us.  She has RA and I think the longer flights just might be too much for her physically.  I love the Quantum class because (like the Radiance class) there is a lot of glassed-in areas, and great viewing from inside the ship.  She can spend her days at sea enjoying the view without pain. 🙂  We personally would love longer itineraries, but alas, my employer doesn't like me to take so many days off together.  lol

6 hours ago, Ourusualbeach said:

I’m just a little hesitant with her coming from her Asia homeport to doing this itinerary and how much or little she will change for the American market. 

While I haven't sailed Quantum since she went to Asia, I think there's very little diff between them (no reports of any significant changes during Q dry dock), certainly nothing I'd pay any extra on Ovation for.

Biker, who is not surprised that few of the posts in this thread have anything to do with the OP main point and thinks that the prices OP posted are still a bit high for a May sailing.

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, Biker19 said:

Biker, who is not surprised that few of the posts in this thread have anything to do with the OP main point and thinks that the prices OP posted are still a bit high for a May sailing.

😂 Gotta love CC.

I will def keep checking for additional price decreases.  I guess I shouldn't be as surprised as I am that the balcony cabin is the price we paid for Radiance, one way, 5 years ago...given the times we are in.  👍 

6 minutes ago, barbeyg said:

I will def keep checking for additional price decreases. 

What's really gonna suck is a year from now folks who Lift&Shifted (or book in the next 3 months) to your sailing will get price drops inside final, while you won't.

Edited by Biker19
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, Biker19 said:

What's really gonna suck is a year from now folks who Lift&Shifted (or book in the next 3 months) to your sailing will get price drops inside final, while you won't.

Guess I'd better get all I can now.  😊  

I try not to look at pricing after the final payment.  No sense crying over spilled milk.  My husband, on the other hand, will.  lol  Something about men and saving money in our family.  😂

8 hours ago, Merion_Mom said:

I have done Alaska on Radiance class ships and Voyager class ships.   

And I still say that these are very nice ports.

Obviously you will see more on an 11 night cruise.  DUH.

It's a 10 night cruise and is ideal for us, can't see flying across the whole country just to 7 nights but to each it's own, it may work for others, it may not just trying to show you there are other better options for a cruise only cruise to Alaska.

This is a one time sailing on Sapphire Princess, September 15, 2021.

Princess is King for Alaska !

Edited by Jimbo

Not all of us can afford to take off for a 10 night cruise.  And I found the Royal Loft on Quantum in Sept. for $18000 for 5 so we will change from Sept. this year to next year.  Yea, it might be a bigger ship and we might not sail as close to land as the smaller ships but we all have to do what we can.  We are excited to still be going to Alaska and for us it is a quick 2 hr flight up the coast instead of a 6-8 hr flight across the country.

4 hours ago, barbeyg said:

I'm a major Two70 fan as well... however just wait until you're sailing through the inside passage/Endicott and you're standing at the wings or inside within the Solarium

IMG_4485.thumb.JPG.761848ceed433f0ef2a00ee84ce8b06b.JPG

3 hours ago, Merion_Mom said:

Not you. The guy who posted the 10 night itinerary. 

That's Jimbo... one the best ever Alaskan itineraries I've ever seen on any cruise line

8 hours ago, Merion_Mom said:

I was last on Quantum in February 2015. 

Sigh... I still remember Dec 2014 on Q. We're supposed to be enjoying a drink together this week on Empress... sucks thinking about it.

Edited by Hoopster95
  • Like 2

8 hours ago, barbeyg said:

We have my oldest sister sailing with us.  She has RA and I think the longer flights just might be too much for her physically...

We personally would love longer itineraries, but alas, my employer doesn't like me to take so many days off together.  lol

I hear ya. We chose a round trip from Seattle taking into consideration the physical limitations of the family members in our group. We had 14 family members ranging from 15 months old to 80 years old, some who traveled almost 4,000 miles to get there. It was challenging enough to get everybody to Seattle. Anchorage would’ve been a deal breaker for some.

In addition to being more convenient to get to Seattle, it was substantially cheaper than flying one way to Vancouver and then one way from Anchorage. From where we live, we paid less than $300 roundtrip to Seattle. Had we done the one way cruise, it would’ve been $900 per person. For a family of 4, we saved $2,400 just in airfare by sailing round trip from Seattle.

• Like 1